Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thx13

Not an indent scar, what is it then?

i don't have any indents or craters on my face i have another, yet similar problem. my problem can be catagorized also as a scar, but of another kind. how to explain what it looks like. well the scar is darker than the rest of my complexion, some what of a brown color maybe even red. as soon as the pimple fades away it leaves behind a small brown patch - is there any method to reduce the dark spots other than laser surgery?

You could try over the counter skin bleaching creams, lactic acid peels, or just let them fade over time. How old is the oldest mark?

oldest mark is about a week.

i should look into peels, bleaching isn't the best of ways to resolve my problems; so i hear on TV

thx for the suggestions though.

It sounds to me like you have hyperpigmentation. You might look into lactic acid peels or mandelic acid. Please do a Search at the top of the page to find topics related to lactic acid and mandelic acid.

That's not a scar, it's probably post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation if it's brown, or a macule if it's red. Those stay for quite awhile (usually months) before fading away. But when it does you can't tell it's ever been there. May consider trying stuff like mandelic acid to speed up the fading...

You dont have scars. Youve got healing. If youve had them for, at the oldest, a week, you dont have scars. Wash your face and use BP if you have problems. Dont engage in acid peels, exfoliation, or anything other than a basic skin care regimen. Certainly dont use any bleaching agents. What youve got is completely normal, nothing to be done about it other than let (a short) time pass.

i don't have any indents or craters on my face i have another, yet similar problem.  my problem can be catagorized also as a scar, but of another kind.  how to explain what it looks like.  well the scar is darker than the rest of my complexion, some what of a brown color maybe even red. as soon as the pimple fades away it leaves behind a small brown patch - is there any method to reduce the dark spots other than laser surgery?

I have the same problem. My face is pretty clear now, have it all under control for the most part. The only problem is now that the acne is gone, brown marks were left behind. Time got rid of some, others I used the acid to get rid of it.

The acid works well and pretty fast, but it does make your skin look worse. Where I applied it, the skin turned red and started to peel. Like I said, it got rid of the brown area, but for two weeks my face looked like I was sun burnt.

I have one mark left on my forhead, about the size of a nickle, looks pretty stupid, almost like a third eye, but I might let time take care of it. If it dosent fade I will go back to the acid.