Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried very hard not to pop zits, because I know firsthand that poppoing them only makes them worse

BUT, I had 2 zits this morning filled with pus, and i removed the top layer of skin, and drained all the pus out of them

1- Is this better then leaving them??? I have heard pus-filled zits are very bad and need to be gentley popped

2- Is pus the stuff clogging up my pores???

I applied a topical antibiotic after popping it, and I only popped just enough to drain it

Should I Keep popping ONLY the pus-filled ones, I leave all others alone. And when I pop them, they appear smaller, and over time, not as red

I have tried very hard not to pop zits, because I know firsthand that poppoing them only makes them worse

BUT, I had 2 zits this morning filled with pus, and i removed the top layer of skin, and drained all the pus out of them

1- Is this better then leaving them??? I have heard pus-filled zits are very bad and need to be gentley popped

2- Is pus the stuff clogging up my pores???

I applied a topical antibiotic after popping it, and I only popped just enough to drain it

Should I Keep popping ONLY the pus-filled ones, I leave all others alone. And when I pop them, they appear smaller, and over time, not as red

the best thing to do is just leave them alone

You're right that popping pimples does make them worse alot of the time, so you should try not to. I have to admit though that I'm guilty of this aswell -it's so hard when they look like they're just begging to be popped.

As far as I know pus is actually good because it's white blood cells which is fighting off the bacteria in your skin.

the pus filled pimples actually don't contain a lot of bacteria, however what pus is, is a combination of dead white blood cells and dead damaged tissue

but i'd suggest not popping them, because it could take longer for the blemish to heal and it may peave scarring

I think I am gonna get doc to insert a large amount of white cells (cells that kill germs) into my back were the acne is. I think that would help.

Hi - I'd agree that your best to just leave alone. The whitehead will only be there for around a day or so and will soon die down and dry out - even on it's own!