Find results in...
fugazi

Neutrogena: Does it work for you?

Does Neutrogena work for you?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does Neutrogena work for you?

• Yes
    • No

So I've been noticing Neutrogena has gotten the smackdown. It's either destroyed people's complexions, done nothing, or cleared things up.

Why does this brand have such varying effects on people? What makes it work so well for some, and horribly for others?

Have their products cleared you up? What have they done for your skin? What side-effects did you experience when using their products? If you're a Neutrogena junkie or hater, post your experience here.

I myself only use their BP, which I suppose works as well as any other BP cream. But their Body Clear body wash gave me awkward breakouts all over the place...=

I like most of their products. I use On-the-Spot, Oil-free acne wash and Moisture SPF15. I hated Healthy Skin Lotion though, made me break out, stung me and didn't feel nice on the skin at all.

In the past, before I went to an all natural treatment, I tried Neutrogena. I used their BP product, their Oil-free acne (SA) product, and even their astringent (SA and GA). I had horrible results. My skin was irritated, my face looked like crap in general. I had blemishes, marks, redness, blotchyness, etc. I thought that it was the chemicals that made my skin so bad. Keep in mind my face is extremely sensitive. I wasnt totally right...while the chemicals SA and BP do irritate my skin, it was simply the Neutrogena products that really screwed up my face. Neutrogena uses comedegnic and irritating "inactive ingredients". Many of the extra chemicals they add in make acne worse. So, I switched to clean and clear brand. I have to say that clean and clear was WAY better. Their products contained no comodegenic or irritating extra chemicals. It left my face much less red, and looking a lot better. Of course, the chemicals still were too much for me...but that brand is just way better.

So the moral of this story is, if you are using neutrogena...switch to "Clean and Clear". Their products are just much better in general.

yes and no

i've had mild success with: body clear body wash (not many new blemishes)

and i've had good results with the on the spot BP with dan's regimen. i've switched regimens, but the on-the-spot clears up my occasional pimply very quickly

Neutrogena products are just like any of the other brand names. Of course some people will have adverse effect but overall I say it does the job. Otherwise they wouldn't have such a huge line of products.

Also whenever you throw something new to your acne fighting regime expect to breakout if you don't you are luckier than me and most people.

I think that different products work for different people and you just need to experiment to find the right combination. However, I do think that you need to give any product a bit of time to work before you term it useless and pitch it for something else.

Personally, I have found Neutrogena works well. I use Cetaphil for my cleanser (but am thinking of trying a Neutrogena cleanser soon). I use the Neutrogena BP and I use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion. The lotion did make my face burn a little and there was some redness when I first switched over (due to the AHA, I guess) but now it works wonderfully. I am almost clear and my face has no dryness, redness, or irritation like I experienced during the first month of the regimen.

Again, I think it has a lot to do with each individual person. Clean & Clear products have never worked that well for me, with the exception of the Continuous Control which I use on my back for occasional break-outs.

When I first started to break out, a long time ago, I saw all the commercials for it and decided to try it. My acne wasn't that bad at the time. After using the body wash and a few other products, my face was 10X WORSE. I think Neutrogena is for people with very mild acne, a couple spots here and there. I haven't heard of anyone who has had an acne problem for a while use Neutrogena.

A cleanser alone will not control your acne especially if it is moderate to severe. A good cleanser is important as part of your defence against acne in combination with other products/treatments and should not contribute to your acne. It is most importantly therefore that a product should not contain oil and ideally be non comedogenic and soap free for the more sensitive skins. It is a personal choice for most which cleansers to use as you can see from these forums some have very oily skin while others have drier more sensitive skin, but both with acne. The neutrogena ranges fit the correct criteria and are long established and personally i have found them ok. I find most acne washes a bit drying and when i find this excessive i will use a non acne wash usually from neutrogena or roc which meets the above criteria. I think dan has a good philosophy in that using neutral products when using lots of topicals. Some with very oily skin may get away with using acne cleansers and topicals, for others it will be very harsh on their skin.

Try out a few of the ones in these forums and stick with the one that suits you best..........don't expect miracles from a cleanser alone ......and remember clean and clear and neutrogena are both made by johnstone and johnstone.

hope this is of some use

Yeah point takin.........my post does look a bit stiff on second reading.....sorry was unintended.

Neutrogena :-k .........probably on par with the other acne cleansers, quite drying especially when used with topicals.