Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therekz

help with my acne's

I have been suffering for moderate acne's for 1,5 years and I have tried lot's of medicine such as:

-sebamed

-clearasil

-neutrogena

and those products just doesn't work with me. I dont want to try any benzoil peroxide acne treatment because I think it doesn't fit me right. I just have acne's on both of my cheek and the rest of my face is clear. Sometimes (2 months in a time) I have cysts, but it then dissapears. I am looking for a tablet medicine that works well for my problem, can any of you guys reccomend me some products?? Please don't advise me to take accutane because I think my acne is not that severe and I am scared to try it due to the many side effects it has. Thanks for your help.

Hey, what is your diet consisting of. I had cysts I am guessing on my cheeks and chin line

I had smaller breakouts here and there depending

Anyway- I had stressed over it for years then the last 2 years or longer really

have been pratically crippling to me and my marriage

i knew i had to do something before the holidays- so i just began researching and researching

i was already using proactiv products and yonka products

i had tried some here and there of others but always hated switching

cause so hard to tell what is working and what isn't

anyway i have had virtually no cystic acne since thanksgiving and only a few clogged pores that seemed to get

alittle pimple like. i still have lots of gunk so to speak under my skin- so i know i am at the point where i feel good about not breaking out but

these clogged pores are definetely potential breakouts...so i am exfol and etc to get them cleared out

anyway- i have not broken out since a little ways before christmas and around "that time of the month" i didn't have the slightest flareup like normal

anyway- i changed my diet....i started with acv for a few weeks then i have been off it for a few weeks or so now.

i eat as healthy as i can stand to but granted i still have lots of no'no's for fun or out of habit

but i can tell you given i am not perfect with my diet my face has totally changed

i just am now on the mission to evening out my comlexion from what years of cystic combined with mild acne did...

even though i only had a few spots at a time - they are noticeable...i wasn't like my hubby who had a face full of hurtful acne

everywhere all the time.

anyway go to the diet board and read...but watch the sugar...including rice, potatoes, pasta, and bread...

i have some of that still but i try to eat it very much in low moderation

and try to make alternatives that i am just as happy with.

but please try killing the soda! any candy

sugar is a disease! and I was the sugar queen...and i mean i ate sugar however i could find it. i hate to know what it has done to me besides my acne.

they say acne is skin diabetes in some theories.

Yes I am actually looking for an internal medicine that will help me rather than antibiotics... does drinking soda makes acne's appear too?? Maybe that's why I have acne's, I drink soda everyday

I'll try not to drink soda this whole week. There's also a thread about the vegetables supplement, I don't know if this will help??

Hi: everyone had great input. I agree about getting a healthier diet. you should be taking vitamins and some kind of fish oil or essential fatty oil. Your vitamin should contain anti-oxidants like vit a, c, and e, and also zinc and selenium since I have read those are hte best for optimal skin health. You don't need all of those other fancy fillers and stuff. Also, I use Joesoef Skin Care products. They are an alternative to the regular stuff on the market because they are sulfur based. I had never heard of them before, but their products have been around for 50 years, and it wad developed by Dr. Joesoef. Anyway, these products have really made a difference in my skin. Try their anti-acne kit. I have used the MDF and Proactive (along with murad, perricone, etc) and wasted ALOT of money. I don't however, have cystic acne, and have never used the Joesoef for cystic acne, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Hope that helps.

the inventor of Joesoef Skin Care was from my own country, Indonesia. But I never heard about it. Does this product makes your skin peel??? Because I dont want any peelings on my skin

Cool! From Indonesia? Well, that is awesome. I believe in Indonesia it goes by another name, but I'm not sure. You could email them and ask. Do you live there, or is that what your family is from?

I used proactive and I really hated it. Anyway, I think the Joesoef stuff is pretty inexpensive. You can read a ton of reviews about it on the allure.com message boards. I saw a few postings on makeupalley.com aboutit. I bought only one kit, and it really helped clear my acne out. Anything you use for your acne will dry out your skin. I honestly think most people make the mistake of using one type of product and sticking with it. When I emailed the Joesoef people for a recommendation, they said that I should get the kit first, and as my skin heals, my regimen would also change. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, you know. I don't remember how much the kit was for - about $30 or so, plus shipping. I hope they sell this stuff in stores soon!

Well, I used the kit for about 1 week, and saw a difference. There are 4 parts, a soap, astringent, lotion, and spot treat. Now I only use the lotion when I am breaking out, and the spot treat during the day. You can't use hte lotion in teh day becuase it is a drying lotion, and leaves white residue. Now I cleanse with teh Joesoef Vit E facial foam cleanser for regular days, with the sulfur soap for oily days, and use teh leftover kit for when I get the occasional breakout. I use the astringent every other day for blackheads and stuff.

Hope this helps.

I am from Indonesia but now is studying in one of the university in USA. So do you think that product will cause skin peeling?? I am a bit trauma of using clearasil because it's a benzoil peroxide medicine and my face just becomes awful.

well, if you are not sure, why not just try their sulfur soap first. That would be a gentle way to get started. Sounds like you might have been using too much of hte benzoyl peroxide stuff from clearasil. If you are not sure, seriously go to the allure.com forums, and check out this link for all the info/411. http://boards.allure.com/thread.jspa?threa...91&tstart=0

When I used it, my skin did get a little dry (this will happen with any acne product), but I just used a moisturizing sunscreen. It is important to use a sunscreen because you want to prevent dark spots and scarring.

In Indonesia there are lot's of bathing sulfur area's, I've tried that before and I know it really is good for your skin. But I dont know this time about Joesoef products, cause he also add benzoil peroxyde in addition of the sulfur he has.

Well, it sounds like either you have an allergy, or you just used too much of the clearasil product. I really thought the Joesoef worked fabulously on my skin. I don't think all of hte products have benzoyl peroxide, but I could be wrong. I know the acne lotion does NOT have benzoyl peroxide. Eventually, you will find what works best for your skin. I found out about this stuff on allure.com, and I am sure glad I did because I feel so happy with my new skin! Good luck to you!!!

Yes, it sounds that way. Maybe just stop using anything for a few days. I don't know if you have an allergy to benzoyl peroxide. Some people respond better to different acne meds. They might all work on you, but some might work better than others. For me, I have found sulfur to work really great.

Well right now I am also taking herbal supplement called acnease. You can see what it's like on their website, just search on google acnease. It doesn't give much improvement on my acne's but it just keeps my face from acne breakouts and keeps from forming new pimple's.

Well right now I am also taking herbal supplement called acnease. You can see what it's like on their website, just search on google acnease. It doesn't give much improvement on my acne's but it just keeps my face from acne breakouts and keeps from forming new pimple's.

it doesnt really work, I mean the advertisement says to try it for one month full and so far I have only tried it for 2 weeks. So I still don't know about this/ If it doesn't work then I am going to send it back to get a money refund

diet-paleo, low to no sugar, focus on meat and veggies every meal.

topicals-bp 2.5-6%, retinoids(go to derm) tretinoin, differen, tazorac(same stuff as accutane only topical, much safer too)or try diacneal which doesnt require a prescription get off ebay, this will unclog your pores

peels-glycolic, tca

Stick with products that have been scientifically proven first, then go the alternative route, you want resullts not endless experiments that lead you nowhere.

Learn about acne and your skin physiology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne_vulgaris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidermis_%28skin%29

then learn the science behind every product before using.

you can also research studys on pub med search engine

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?DB=pubmed