Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phillk69

tetracycline advice

how soon can i see resutls from using tetracycline,been using it for 2 weeks now,and have had no improvement,shall i use it with the regime ?

i didn't get results after 2 months on tetracycline but by then i'd had enough. It's meant to take 3 months before you see any improvements on Tetracycline, but my skin was just declining badly so I got roaccutane.

You can use it with the regime, maybe it will work better. Some other advice is make sure you take it on an empty stomach (i think this is an hour before or after food).

Guest Crooked I

I assume its the first time you've been on it? If so, it took me about 7 weeks to see a difference, and my face cleared up very rapidly after that.

Id say it was 100% clear in about 4 months, and about 90% clear after 3 months. Also, dont take it at the same time of day as milk products - they negate the antibiotic effects.

Crooked I,

Areyou still taking the med if not are you still clear ? Did you have an initial breakout after stopping it?

Thanks in advance

Guest Crooked I
Crooked I,

Areyou still taking the med if not are you still clear ? Did you have an initial breakout after stopping it?

Thanks in advance

hi,

tetracycline is same as minocycline really. same shit.

ive been on and off it for about 3 years or more. i dont have a problem with it as such but just be aware that it only controls your acne. when you stop most likely it WILL come back again. maybe rotate every 6 months to other antibiotics or even try to get on accutane if your acne is severe.

side effects: some ppl do feel dizzy or get a headache or something i heard but i have had no problems.

do dans regimen at the same time too.... at least try it for a while see if it helps.

good luck,

TIM

I've been put on Tetracycline.... has anyone used the medicated... then stopped and just used the normal creams/gels/topicals on there skin afterwards and remained clear... or have you always had to go back on it?