Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

Benev Vitamin C Cream: One person's results

Robert - I too had read that thread on the healthboards - remember at the same time, that poster ALSO had non-ablative laser treatment. I very much doubt that the benev serum would have raised her indents over a few days - that is too much fantasy.

Also, the benev Vit C used is ascobic acid isn't it? It would be more beneficial to use C-ester (ascorbyl palmitate) in Vit C serums since it is fat soluble and penetrates the skin much much better. (Note Dr Perricone an Puredeming stuff)

i dunno about it, it just sounds too good to be true; then again it's only 1 person's testimonyl (i'd like to read about other ppl having results from it); ppls skin is also different so i wouldn't anticipate the same results as her... i'd be encouraged 2 buy it though even if it's $90 just to try it, but alas i dun have a credit card gah screwed again by being a minor sad.gif

I got a prescription of vitamin C from my derm / surgeon, to use before and after my laser procedure. But he did say that the cream is less collagenic than retin-a, wich I am to use until a week before the surgery... but vitamin C is gentle to the skin. That's why it's used after scar-removing procedures.

What I've been doing the past week is adding a little bit of Vit C (C-ester) powder to my emu/jojoba oil mix and using that as a night time moisteriser. Very cheap to do.