Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jerryhsu

JUST USING WATER

you think im an asshole? sad.gif

your last post doesnt sound like youve tried this.

you probably arent doing exactly what im doing, and thats why your skin broke out again. im sorry to hear that.

maybe you should try it again, except follow my regime a bit closer, mebbe you would have more success for a longer period of time?

:-k

hmm

well i had a shower tonight, dried my previously zitty spots out a bit, but thatll probably be gone tomorrow morning. ive found that once an area has healed and is clear, no redness, that it doesnt break out again.

i think all the garbage just needs to time to get out of your skin.

anyways, my skins looking good and im still hoping for success by friday!

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey Jerry:

Only reason I said I thought you were an asshole was because it really seems like you are rather quick to defend your regimen.

I am very happy for you and your success... I just think that you are rather snappy considering that your regimen really DOES NOT work for a lot of people.

Hey Jerry:

I am very happy for you and your success... I just think that you are rather snappy considering that your regimen really DOES NOT work for a lot of people.

listen

im going through a very difficult time in my personal life, which id rather not get into, so im a bit touchy right now and quick to blow.

that and having acne doesnt help whatsoever.

the next person that fucks with me, in the real world, not message board people, is going to get my leg buried in their ass.

im so close to snapping

anyways

i apologize if ive offended anyone, which i obviously have

anyways

day 12. its 2:30am

my face is looking ok.

i hate that no matter what, if my face isnt 100% clear then its never good enough for me. im sick of looking in the mirror, thank god my acne has gotten better in the last almost 2 weeks now.

its starting to get barely noticeable, but it just makes my standards higher,

and i have to worry about it coming back

so you people doubting me, telling me im wrong, completely illogical, when my face is actually starting to clear up obviously pisses me off.

hello all, i just wanted to let you all know that i have stopped using all products as well and am having great results. (i am taking 6g of B5 along with a b-complex, multi, zinc and acidophilus.) i have started a new routine at night which i like....i use the rine of different fruits to remove dead skin. i used a lemon last night. all i do is cut the skin off one side and leave a little bit of the pulp on it and then rub it GENTLY around my face and them splash with water. i think it is really helping with red marks. other than that i use no moisturizer and no soap. when i stopped using my products i did absolutely nothing for 4 days. and then started to incorporate the fruit. i also use lime and oranges. i just alternate them.(by the way i am a girl and i dont wear foundation i just use the oil absorbing sheets and powder occassionaly and all the eye make-up i want)

This is my experience with washing with water and using products. When I'm at home, where we have a watersoftner in the house, the water makes my skin improve. I would wash with a 2% SA, and then just apply BP to my chin area. Many times I could get away without any moisturizer, but sometimes I would have to apply a little bit to the areas that I applied the BP. When I got back to college this last Monday from Thanksgiving break, I continued to use the 2% SA. The water here is very drying, and adding the 2% SA dried my face even more. The results where breakouts. I know this doesn't apply to the "just using water" method, but I do believe that the type of water you are washing with can have an effect on the severity of your acne.

yes!

congrats on being successful, product free!

my face looks good today. i am happy with it, to the point were i dont feel embarrassment when people look at me.

finally.

the b5 works tremendously too. wow. its just too bad its so expensive, when i realized how much i have to use and how much is in the botttle (90tablets of 1g each) for the price ($18)

its expensive

i dont really care though if im broke as hell

ill stay on it as long as it takes (i realize people on here are skeptical about the health effects in long term) im taking all the other vitamins.

i dont care if my liver decides to shrivel up and rot inside of me. as long as my face is clear, i dont give a shit.

clear skin is priceless! and almost everyone that has it just takes it for granted. ah well.

day 12 and my skin is looking alot better. i think the increase of b5, im taking about 7g per day as of today, has significantly reduced the amount of redness i had and the overall noticealbility of my healing acne.

tomorrow is the big day! i go home for xmas, so im still hoping for clearer skin than this! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

no breakouts today

my skin is clearing up still. i wish these red spots were gone.

its hard to imagine that my skin on my cheeks and chin will eventually be uniform and normal skin tone.

well i guess my skin wont be too much better for tomorrow than it is right now. ](*,)

i still have about 24 hours until i get home, so perhaps i can make more progress with the skin tone reappearing.

god i hate acne.

unfortunately, no matter what skin care regimen you use, the only way to fade those red marks is time. about six months of it. sadly, those spots were never gonna fade in a couple of weeks.

well its day 13, friday.

my face is at its best i suppose

there is still a noticeable discolouration tho, especially if im out in the cold.

the spots get sort of purple looking.

i just shaved. my face is pretty discoloured. i hate it.

no real zits today. i think i may have a little one, not really a zit though, just a tiny little bump. god acne is annoying.

I've heard that giving your skin a break is a good idea as well. It's true that the fear of having a worse breakout as a result of stopping using topical stuff prevents people from getting better results. The truth is, it might not work for everyone, it's working for me too. I added a twist to it though. If you wash your face with rosewater or cucumber juice and pulp(thinly grated cucumber), it actually soothes the skin and the cucumber has natural lightening properties, so red spots tend to heal faster. For those that use supplements, pantothetic acid (b5) works well, as does zinc, but the maximum dosage of zinc is 150mg per day, and you shouldn't do that everyday. Sticking to 80-100mg of zinc daily is more than enough. When using zinc, you should also supplement on copper, since the zinc diminishes your copper absorbing capabilities.

yea im also interested in this. what u said made perfect sence to me because i used 2 have sideburns and no pimples at all where there and when i shaved them i noticed perfectly clear skin then after awhile i applyed all my creams there as habbit to make sure i get my whole face and i noticeced that more and more pimples where comming everyday to where my sideburns are

ive been on like everything and my doctor took em off all oral meds in fear that i might become immune to them and right now im useing a sulfer wash (smells like compleate ass crack lol) 20% azelex %1 tazorac and %10 bp and i have 2 apply a mostureizer in the morning cuz my face looks like i just came out of a blizzard lol and if what u say is ture it will be great not 2 put all that crap all over my face all day lol

one question when u splash water on ur face is it hot or cold?

-paul

Buy some BASIS soap. Keep it in a little soap case thingy so you keep

it clean & private. When you soap up let it stay on for 2 mins or so

while you brush your teeth or whatever. Get the All Clear Bar. I find

that this helps --- and I only use it on my face. Derek

ok im gonna try this but im not gonna get off everything all at once ima gonna contiune 2 use the sulfer wash in the shower and thats its because some of you say u have tryed useing just water and where clear for two weeks then broke out like crazy so i figure if i do the water thing and maybe use the wash every other day it will kinda kill whats going to happen so far its bin about 12 hours and no new pimples just old pimples turning into whiteheads

ill post if anything interesting happens

-paul

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give my 2 cents on this "regime". If you're interested in some opinions on why this idea of just washing with water works, check out www.oxzit.com and www.oxzit.com/acnehelp.html (which they only give you after you buy some, but I'll give it to you guys to spread the info). I've read around here people alternating between saying it's a complete placebo to saying it works wonderfully.

To everyone saying, "If washing with just water cured acne, I would never have gotten it.", most people develop acne around puberty. This is due to excessive oil production and whacky hormone levels. We then use meds and topical stuff to balance it out (which usually works, but not entirely, we still see improvement). But then, imagine that, as Jerry is guessing, the chemicals and drying effects of these meds irritate the skin.

Puberty is over, our body would be producing a healthy amount of oil, but we won't let it. We strip the oil off every day even with normal soap, causing the body to over-produce to compensate. So we switch meds, which will show improvement, but as soon as our body acclimates to that, breakouts happen again. Antibiotics are the worst for this, since bacteria is shown to adapt and become a stronger strain the longer you use antibiotics. That could even be hurting Jerry, since he's been using minocycline for almost 2 years, you'd think the remaining bacteria would be far beyond immune now.

But really, do you want to be using products for the rest of your life? And do you think people in the 1800's or before had as high a percentage of acne as we currently do today? No, teenagers had it, and the village ugly guy had a bad case genetically. But not nearly the huge amount that have it today, and we're obviously using way more products to combat it than they ever did. You can say it's our diet or pollution, but science has no proof that diet has any effect.

As far as water goes, no, water doesn't strip oil. That's the point. Your body should be producing the right amount of oil for your skin if you let it. Dirt clogs pores, so it makes sense to rinse that off. You'll also notice Oxzit recommends using baby wipes and perhaps alcohol wipes. This makes sense, doesn't dry the skin, but very good at removing excess dirt and skin.

Here's one other thing, as it says on the Oxzit site, if you've used a lot of meds, especially anti-biotics, try 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Hydrogen Peroxide basically is a very strong bacteria killing agent, very harsh so probably shouldn't be used too much, plus it bleaches. But it simply kills bacteria, and it can't develop a resistance like against anti-biotics. Jerry should probably try this, considering it sounds like his bacteria would probably be very resistant and tough from all the minocycline. Check out this thread from this guy who used it. He apparently uses it every day, but sheesh, that stuff is harsh and can cause redness, I'd think I'd use it less than that.

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=14702

And see Jerry, I'm supporting your regime, but really, try to be kind to the people around here, we're all trying for the same thing. You have to realize that basically everyone on here has been trying products, meds and everything forever, just like you have, and to think that they might have been HURTING themselves by doing this, not just wasting their time is a hard pill to swallow. The best thing you can do is be honest about if this is helping you or not, because I think there is some merit to it, so if it isn't maybe we can help you out.

Hey Brianetics (OR ANYONE ELSE),

Does this OXZIT stuff on www.oxzit.com actually work? Or is it simple a placebo (example: bottle of water) that makes people into believing they are cured when in actuality.. they are doing the "JUST WATER" regimen. Is this 1 YEAR GAURANTEE actually true? Im so damn curious.

hello,

i know i havent posted in a while. i got home for xmas on that friday, and a few days later i used proactive, simply because i had it at my house.

i used it for the 1st time and it felt wonderful, i could feel it working away, however, after 3 days i got 2 cystic zits, big ones under my skin, right near my mouth. so i stopped using it, ii only used it for 3 days or so, and my face has cleared alot up. i only have zits from the cystic after the proactive. i thought my face was getting better, that my acne was alot less, and so using proactive could help me conquer it quicker.

my face is almost at its entire best that its ever been in the last year. im back on my 'JUST WAER' regime. im not jerking off though, and that definitely helps. i know theres alot of other posts on this, but i seriously think that was large factor as well in my acne. as fluids are drained, and hormone levels are affected when someone is jerkin their gerkin on a regular basis. its been 6 days without wacking it. from now on ill probably just jerk it once every 2 weeks or so.

its funny how everyone on here says that they would do anything to get rid of their acne. not using products is difficult for them to start. not masterbating is definitely hard for them. orgasm or clearskin?

so yes this working for me. i havent had any zits pop up since i stopped wacking it, so ill let you all know what happens to my face when i do wack it, and up until then.

i think proactive is a good product, i just think it cant be used as frequently as they instruct. its probably better for a person to use one every 2 or 3 days.

the sulfur mask is really really good though for getting rid of redness. i seriously suggest that to anyone with a really red face. it is very effective.

however im not using proactive anymore. (i realize my last post wasnt very clear.) im using the 'just water' regime, but now im not masterbating.

ill find the explanation of how this will help and post it later, i read it somewhere, im too lazy to find it right now. and im not drinking milk and just atttempting to avoid dairy products in general.

i will also be posting on here regularly again, so you ppl can observe my results.

thanks smile.gif