Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl smooth

So I think I just got my first Papule... EDIT: 3 WEEKS AND STILL HERE!!!!!

So a few days ago on my nose I got a hard red bump that hurts when i press down on it, unlike a pimple. that's a papule right?

Anyways, for the past 2 days I've been applying bp and tea tree oil whenever i have the chance, 3-4 times a day usually.

Does anyone who has dealt with these bumps before know what to do? I feel clueless...

Help a brother out yo.

Edit: Today is the start of the 3rd week it's been here, and still no letup. Still red, hard, and no head. First week I put BP and tea tree oil on it 2x a day.

Second week I've been icing it and bping it like 3x a day. I also been letting blobs of bp dry on the papule before I go out so my nose won't be all red.

THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!

So a few days ago on my nose I got a hard red bump that hurts when i press down on it, unlike a pimple. that's a papule right?

Anyways, for the past 2 days I've been applying bp and tea tree oil whenever i have the chance, 3-4 times a day usually.

Does anyone who has dealt with these bumps before know what to do? I feel clueless...

Help a brother out yo.

Help a brother out yo.

yeah the best thing to do is just leave it alone to be honest. Theres not much you can do to a papule

1. wait to see a white head

2. nick that head lightly with a needle

3. Use tissue to try and squeeze out contents but if nothing comes then don't just squeeze hard because then you can cause it be worse.

3. Hold an ice cube for about 20 seconds to it then dab it dry with a tissue for 10 seconds. then hold ice cube against for another 20 then tissue and keep alternating for a while to try and prevent redness forming while you stil have the option to do so.

4. Then after it has stopped oozing or whatever apply tea tree oil or some kind of antiseptic that'll soak deep in.

5. Then add a blob of BP and leave it on like a mask.

Ok.... your best bet is to apply some neat tea tree oil morning and night (3/4 times a day is too often - it will only dry your skin out and make it redder). Just apply using a cotton bud to the spot and ensure the area is clean before doing so. Be patient and following this should reduce it greatly within the next day or 2. Don't use BP AND Tea Tree Oil together either - will usually irritate the skin too much! Personally... I wouldnt even pick or squeeze it - spots are best left alone.

update: AHHH.. it's been a whole week and it still looks exactly the same. I've been putting bp and tea tree on every night for a week and it hasn't done jack shit. I'm so frustrated.

Does anyone know how long these things last/ what else I should do?

i remeber i had one on my head and it was huge and lasted FOREVER. there really isnt much you can for them. i applied lots of BP but it kept getting worse and then eventually it just started going down. it was like it was going to do what it wanted to no matter what i did. there is still a tiny bumb, a year later!! i say just apply lots of BP, keep it clean, dont pick and press, and just wait it out.

Hi - Yeh your best bet is to leave well alone. I'd personally only apply neat TTO twice a day (morning and night) with a cotton wool bud. Should almost certainly reduce redness and soreness.

Hi - Yeh your best bet is to leave well alone. I'd personally only apply neat TTO twice a day (morning and night) with a cotton wool bud. Should almost certainly reduce redness and soreness.

Mhmm , I get the same thing sometimes . There's nothing you can do except wait it out , sucks I know.. but whatever you do don't pop it!!!!! it will leave a red mark . Continue with the Tea Tree Oil , but i'm not so sure BP might help.

cl smooth, im getting these same things. GRRRRRRRRRR

proactiv ruined my skin and now i have these

ive never had acne like this before. Its so annoying because they do not go away and you cant get rid of them and GOD IF YOU TOUCH IT, it increases in size 1000%

right now i have 3 stages of 3... one is fading but still red, one is mid fade and one is brand new

GRRRRRRRRR

I hate this

Help a brother out yo.

Edit: Today is the start of the 3rd week it's been here, and still no letup. Still red, hard, and no head. First week I put BP and tea tree oil on it 2x a day.

Second week I've been icing it and bping it like 3x a day. I also been letting blobs of bp dry on the papule before I go out so my nose won't be all red.

THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!

I get these randomly but not in huge breakouts. Usually when i have no pimples i'll get this crappy papule on my face with nothing to hide it with. What i have done...

I try to drown it in BP day and night.

I sleep with a bp covered bandaid directly on the papule.

I try NEVER to touch it when its beginning because 1) it hurts and 2) on occasion i can stop them before they get huge

Right now i have one in between my eyes! i mean unbelievable places! not only that but its like the 4rth time i get one there. i wonder if its the irritation i put on my face when i put on a shirt and the collar hits the bridge on my nose and face. What i have done is for this one is...

I've been dipping my face in warm/hot water twice a day followed by my cleanser (DKR)

I give it time and apply BP(DKR) all over my face and MORE on the papule

I moisturize 5 minutes later. putting a liiitttle more on the papule

then,at night, i cover it with a BP soaked bandaid and go to sleep.

It was working faster than 'nature' but i acted prematurely and tried to pop it once i saw a big enough 'head'. I got some of the poison out but i didn't feel satisfied with it being done and it caused it to get a bit redder but it did lessen the size. Not to a completley dead zit but aLOT less than what it was. I had a bandaid on it covered with Neosporin for a day and it looked just about gone. Its a little red still but it was red before i tried to pop it...atleast now its not so huge. I wouldnt SUGGEST popping it due to scarring potential....but i actually have never had a long term scar from a popped papule. it left red skin for a while but then eventually would completely go away. ive gotten scars from popping regular sized zits more than once on the same spot. JUST MY OPINION!

goodluck.