Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zipzoolander

Is Psyllium Seed Husk a laxative?

Went to GNC yesterday and asked the lady gimme something to help with becoming regular. I got a lot of constipation because of being on the plane a lot.

She said the best thing that she has for me that is NOT a laxative is Psyllium Seed Husk. I took one pill last night and one this morning. It helped big time :-)

I googled this product to see if it is a laxative or not, but could not find a solid answer. SO what is the opinion of this group?

also, anyone has taken this on a daily basis? if so for how long?

I don't think it's a laxative, it's just supposed to promote regularity. I'm taking the psyllium husk in a glass of juice once or twice a day, it's definitely helped me have softer bowel movements (not diahrhea though). I'm not constipated anymore!! Yippee!

Oh, and I think you can take it as long as you want as you can't become dependent on it, as far as I know (at least that's what my canister says).

Ya know, I just started this stuff like two days ago and already I'm noticing very regular bowel movements...no straining whatsoever!! I have tried metamucil and other fibers too, but this one is way better in my opinion. It's awesome! :D

Psyllium feeds the good bacteria in the digestive system so to prevent overgrowth of the bad (candida). I do #2 at least 2-3 times a day and I feel better now that I'm using it. It's great if you don't get enough fiber from vegetables daily.