Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Randy

Cystic What are they and what do they look like?

I'm woundering what cystics look like and what they are? I have like 2 big zits that are like the size of a penny would that be classifed as one or no?

I'm not completely sure either..

but i do know that they are big, red and they really hurt alot if u touch them (Sore). You said penny size, thats like mine.

i have one on my face, and BP didnt work, so my Derm put me on Accutane last week. Hopefully this bitch goes down! [-o<

Cystic acne starts deep in the tissue and will become inflamed after a couple days of feeling it under the surface. It is hard and will not have a whitehead where you can pop it. Do not try to squeeze out the core because you will only push the bacteria deep in the surface and cause bleeding then it will scab over and the core is still underneath the skin causing it to become more inflamed. Do nothing to it (except on-the -spot). I always have to go get them injected because these lulu's hang on for weeks...