Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaleidoscope

Your hair routine...

I'm looking into a flat iron, but I only plan to do it once a week at most.

Get a Sedu, they are expensive but I wish I bought one years ago. I LOVE MINE! It is the best. I didn't think there would be a real difference between my Hot Tools flat iron and my Sedu, but there is. A BIG ONE. I got rained on after I had flat ironed my hair with my Sedu. My hair stayed straight. That has never happened before.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Get a Sedu, they are expensive but I wish I bought one years ago. I LOVE MINE! It is the best. I didn't think there would be a real difference between my Hot Tools flat iron and my Sedu, but there is. A BIG ONE. I got rained on after I had flat ironed my hair with my Sedu. My hair stayed straight. That has never happened before.

I'm alternating between sedu, chi, and fhi. I'm horrible at making decisions expecially on expensive stuff.

I'm alternating between sedu, chi, and fhi. I'm horrible at making decisions expecially on expensive stuff.

hmm..

shampoo and condition every other day with whatever i have and want to use.

let my hair air dry about 80% then i blow it dry, then straighten it.

no products, i dont like them.

I do that a couple times a week. Otherwise ill either:

Shampoo and condition at night, let my hair start air drying, then go to sleep on it. On the morning ill straighten the front and pull it low into a messy bun.

or

Shampoo and condition, put some sort of glosser in it, let it air dry, then straighten my bangs.

li blowdry my hair every time i shower, and i shower about every other day. my 2nd day hair is the best because my hair is quite dry so when i first wash it, despite conditioner and products, its got this airy out-of-control lightness to it. once my natural oils step in and calm it down it works with me much better. sometimes ill use my flat/curling iron but not often.

i use frizz-ease finishing creme to lay down the frizzies that stick up and shine my hair.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

My sister gets japanese thermal conditioning. It look really shiny and pretty, but then again she doesn't color her hair at all and she's obsessive about keeping it healthy. I don't think I could ever do it cause I'm so back and forth about my hair. I think I'd miss my curls.

The Japanese Thermal conditioning... Does anyone know if this "prevents" you from being able to curl your hair? Like, could you do pincurls and have them stay wavy for the day, or since the hair is chemically straightened would it always revert to straight (even if you used hairspray)?

I thought I was the only one with annoyingly thick hair! I HATE it!! All my thin-haired girlfriends are always telling me to shut up, but seriously having too thick hair is a big problem and very hard to style. Those of you who have your hair thinned, how does your stylist do it? I don't want to go to mine anymore because she seriously chops my hair up and the ends have too many layers that are too far apart so it looks really bad. She uses thinning scissors and she leaves the upper layers really thick on the ends so it looks ridiculous. Do your stylists use thinning scissors or a razor?

Maybe I should shave my head....

The Japanese Thermal conditioning... Does anyone know if this "prevents" you from being able to curl your hair? Like, could you do pincurls and have them stay wavy for the day, or since the hair is chemically straightened would it always revert to straight (even if you used hairspray)?

I thought I was the only one with annoyingly thick hair! I HATE it!! All my thin-haired girlfriends are always telling me to shut up, but seriously having too thick hair is a big problem and very hard to style. Those of you who have your hair thinned, how does your stylist do it? I don't want to go to mine anymore because she seriously chops my hair up and the ends have too many layers that are too far apart so it looks really bad. She uses thinning scissors and she leaves the upper layers really thick on the ends so it looks ridiculous. Do your stylists use thinning scissors or a razor?

Maybe I should shave my head....

Guest FearlessBunnyLove
Those of you who have your hair thinned, how does your stylist do it?
Layers, and a razor.

I don't want to go to mine anymore

I have one question about thermal straightening. Doesn't it kill your hair? I have heard it is absolutely one of the worst things that you can do to your hair.

I have one question about thermal straightening. Doesn't it kill your hair? I have heard it is absolutely one of the worst things that you can do to your hair.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I tihink as with anything chemical it depends on who does it and if they know what they're doing and the condition of the hair to begin with.

Like I said before my sister has it done and her hair is pretty healthy. She doesn't color her hair so I bet that helps. She had fairly long hair too.

right now i have a perm, so when i wear it curly i use redken fresh curls shampoo and conditioner, then i use redken fresh curls curl refiner (like a leave in conditioner), let sit for a minute then redken fresh curls anti-frizz shiner. diffuse until mostly dry, do my makeup, tease my hair (80's maybe but i like big hair), then i use curl life curl reactivator, diffuse a little more. then either bed head curls rock hairspray or regis volumizing spray. sounds like a lot when written out, but it's really not. now i usually straighten it at least once a week. i actually use the same redken products, but after the shiner i blowdry completely then spray with paul mitchell hold me tight spray, run my flat iron through it, some regis silk drops to smooth and shine, and then regis volumizing spray. i also like kenra 25 hairspray. i'm a bit of a product whore i guess. i actually have my hubby using about 5 styling products in his hair as well, and he flat irons every day too!!

I have medium thickness hair well past my shoulders (hits about bra-strap at my back)

1) I never use permanent dye - I actually havent' dyed in many, many months but the rare times I do I use a semi-permanant.

I wash every other day (at night) with Pantene shampo + conditioner for normal hair and then condition with the separete conditioner too.

I then wrap a towel in my hair and let it sit for about an hour to partially dry.

I then unwrap it and spray in Ojon Revitalizing Mist ( a leave in conditioner) and blow dry using a Ionic/Ceramic Hairdryer which is one of the best investments I ever made HUGE difference in dry time and shineyness vs a regular old hairdryer.

When dry, I spray with Ojon Shine and Protect Glossing Mist.

I also do a weekly "hair mask" for 1-2 hours with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

Thats it - no gel, no paste, no goop, spray, nothing.

My hair is in GREAT condition. Shiny split end free and soft. Its the one thing on me I really have self confidence about, cause my skin sure isnt'!!

Well im on accutane now so i can wash my hair every few days so thats awsume intead ov EVERY day coz of the grease :sick: lol...but yea i use Polytar(i think) coz i got dandruff or dryness there woteva and i dont use any conditioner coz it makes my hair hell oily!

I then unwrap it and spray in Ojon Revitalizing Mist ( a leave in conditioner) and blow dry using a Ionic/Ceramic Hairdryer which is one of the best investments I ever made HUGE difference in dry time and shineyness vs a regular old hairdryer.

Vidal Sassoon Tourmaline 1875W Professional Styler - came with attachments - it only was about 30$ at Ulta. Some of them can get really expensive but as I had never tried Ionic Ceramic hairdryers I had not idea if it would make a difference or not and went with a less expensive one.

I was shocked at the difference. It took me about 15-20 min to dry my hair before and now I can do it in 5-10. And my hair is alot softer and shiner not dry and dull like when I used my old hairdryer.

i've had a battle with my hair for pretty much my whole life, cause i'm biracial, so i have all kinds of craziness happening with it.

first of all it's thin, so i get "fly away" curls, then it's frizzy, and it has a tendency to curl unevenly.

after trying to straighten it forever, i've given up and recently decided to just take my curls and run with them.

daily routine is; wake up, shampoo and condition with biolage smooththerapie and towel dry. i then use biolage defining elixer, biolage gelee, and finish it off with claypac's humectant hair gloss. sometimes if i want a little more shine i'll also use some fekkai glossing cream, or technician glaze.

it sounds like a lot, but it takes about three minutes. i cannot tell you how happy i am to be able to hop and the shower and spend three minutes on my hair every day. :)

i think tomorrow i'm going to buy some of this http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...categoryId=4221

p.s. i've gotten a million complements on my hair since i've been wearing it curly. it's a good thing i didn't pay for my chi straightener. ha.