Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legislatorgov

Does your face produce more oils when you're sick?

hey there,

I recently got the flu (fever, the works).

I noticed that my nose is a LOT more oily, and my skin flared up (the cheeks are red and stuff)

Why does this happen?

i always used to break out when i got sick, but apparently i was the complete opposite of everybody else who apparently got clearer. so with the same opposite effect, my skin gets drier when i am sick.

It SHOULD get more oily. What do you think your body is doing when you are sick? It is trying to get rid of all the crap that is inside of you and it is removing it through every pore in your body.

Being "sick" is in fact one of the best things for acne. It is an internal cleansing and if you let yourself be and don't drug yourself up, the effects can be extremely beneficial. Being "Sick" is your body telling you "I'm stuffed up with so much crap because of how you eat, I have to get rid of it somehow, so I'm going to go into emergency mode and get rid of the crap as fast as I can"

yeah, sickness has nothing to do with your diet. your immune system can be weakened by your diet, but the fact that you get sick isn't because of what you eat. it's a virus.