Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimanjo

Within 2 days this has worked!!

My daughter (14) has been suffering acne for 4 years now. Although her acne has, of late, been pretty much under control--lots of water, eating tons of fruit and veggies until she is sick of them--she has many lingering red marks, results of old pimples, those nasty under-the-skin-cysts that never surface, and BP burns (seems like BP really makes the red marks worse). By the way, she stoped using BP and now uses a 2% salicylic acid wash and clindamycin lotion. But the red marks have remained.

Anyway, it occurred to me: why not let her try MY glycolic acid product? After all, my product worked wonders on evening out my skin tone, minimizing pores, "erasing" wrinkles, so to speak.

So, 48 hours ago my daughter tried my Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle, which is an oil-free glycolic acid product that comes in a red box (I bought mine at Walgreen's, but I know the stuff is hard to find so you might have to go to their website).

The first application did nothing, she felt nothing. 12 hours later she reapplied and felt a slight tingle the first few minutes. The next morning (yesterday) she woke up and noticed that many smaller red marks had disappeared and the larger ones were shrinking and/or fading. Last night she reapplied the product and she said it felt very tingly and stung quite a bit. This morning her red marks are reduced by 75%, AT LEAST, and her skin has that "glow" that she never thought she would have. And her skin is so smooth--. she was SO excited, she was actually happy about going to school!!!!!!!!

I could not believe the results, so I just did a google search and up popped drugstore.com's site with pages of 5 star reviews on this product, people saying that they had not intended to use the product on acne, but they did, and low and behold, the acne/red marks/scars were gone! Personally I think Alpha Hydrox company should market this prodcut toward acne sufferers, too!

I did a little bit more research and found that the AAD (American Association of Dermatologists) had a conference in 2001 where they talked about the best programs for removing acne red marks and scars: the results were glycolic acid and/or lasers. Not only that, continued use of the glycolic acid seems to eradicate acne. So, it confirmed what my daughter has just experienced for herself.

I will keep posting on the board with further progress. I know Dan is very interested in glycolic acid results, and if this post helps at least one person I am really happy!

I would also be very interested to hear where i can buy this in the UK.

Sounds like amazing results! Great news.

I would also be very interested to hear where i can buy this in the UK.

Sounds like amazing results! Great news.

Id imagine it should work better for brown marks (if its sundamage) than red marks, since brown marks are closer to the surface and red marks are more inflammintory (inside the dermis).

I've checked link that kimanjo posted and found a night cream which seems to be interesting. Here's a LINK. What do you think about it? How about using it with BP?

i might just try this. i read some of the reviews and a lot of them mentioned that it got rid of their acne and/or got rid of their marks. however, some others said that it broke them out. i'll probably give it a shot.

Be cool and sign up for google checkout, click the AmericaRx.com link, search for "Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic" and use your $10 google credit to get it for $4. :cool:

Alex

When I went to RX it said, " Buy Health & Beauty Products, knock $10 off on purchase of Orders $30 or more when you use Google Checkout", but damn 10$ off is still a nice deal!! :dance:

Be cool and sign up for google checkout, click the AmericaRx.com link, search for "Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic" and use your $10 google credit to get it for $4. :cool:

Alex

Find your product(s) you want, click buy them. After your done shopping and want to buy, go to your cart, theres an option to checkout with google.com. Which deducts -$10.00 on first time use.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle is the *only* thing I've found that helps with red marks (used every night for at least a week, with better results the longer you continue). At first it's very tingly/itchy, but after your skin gets used to it it's fine. It does not break me out or irritate my skin at all.

Why does it say "never use a soap-based cleanser when using products containing AHAs"?

Using AHA, ur skin is already so dry!

Soap-based cleanser would dry ur skin!

after all that getting my hopes up and then no results crap i am not gonna do any of this stuff anymore im just gonna wait. thanks for the advice if it wasnt a scam. : )