Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steo_touch_quench

bizzare and going insane

hi, i'm the new member here, just needed people's advice before i go insane like mad cow desease...

basically, i'm just freaking out from my acne scars. i have two active pimples on my face, and thats about it (one right under my nose, so irritating and another...well, i can cover that up with my fringe), but then recently i had huge breakout periods (notice that its plural...i had it for twice), because i went to overseas and the climate just didnt suit me and also because i had major breakup(and he called me a monster due to pimples...

and whats so sad is that i know i look pretty when i had clear skin, i know it and i'm just so sad that i dont even look "normal" anymore. i could stil have gone out with my ex if i didnt have zits, and im also traumatised. its like living hell because all the time i hear echo of my ex calling me a monster all the time in my head. i feel like my heart is torn apart and gauged out of my body. i feel hurt.

i try to cover up my zits with maybelline concealer (with acne killing ingredient thing), helena rubinstein prodigy essence liquid foundation and MAC powder n foundation in one, but my face is still purply and blotchy and cakey and...just aweful to look at. i just want something that cover up my purple/red scars or otherwise i will start wearing brown bag on my face, really. anyone out there to help me out...? :'(

i attatched the pic showing how i look now and what i used to look like as well....

thanku 4 ur tym..

___________________________________________8.tiff

___________________________________________8.tiff

hey there! i'm sorry you're going thru this... but we've all been there, so you've come to the right place. :comfort: welcome to the boards!

that pic doesn't show up very clearly on my screen, but from what i can see, it looks like mild blotchiness. no doubt everyone is gonna jump on this thread and tell you to try mineral makeup. i'm pretty sure most people who post here in the makeup forum use it, and it's all the rage. the best thing about it is that it's much better for (esp. acne-prone) skin than traditional makeup. it also looks much more natural! judging by your skin (i know you feel horrible about it, but it really doesn't look bad to me at ALL! :)), i think it's a perfect candidate for minerals.

there are a bunch of brands that people discuss in here, and lots of threads explaining them. most are purchased online, but you can buy ones in the store, like Physicians Formula, which some people love. personally, i don't think that one provides enough coverage for my redness.

some other mineral brands, which are purchased online:

www.aubreynicole.com

www.everydayminerals.com

www.oceanmistcosmetics.com (though this one has talc, which some people, including myself, prefer not to use)

www.joppaminerals.com is another favorite -- really great coverage/natural-looking -- but their customer service is so bad (horror stories about people not receiving their makeup OR their money back!). i'm afraid to buy from them at this point.

also, most people would advise not to use Bare Minerals, since it contains bismuth oxychloride, which can irritate/itch. this line has broken a lot of people out, and/or made them shiny.

ooh, one more thing - a lot of people have had problems/breakouts from using MAC, so be careful with that line.

hey there! i'm sorry you're going thru this... but we've all been there, so you've come to the right place. :comfort: welcome to the boards!

that pic doesn't show up very clearly on my screen, but from what i can see, it looks like mild blotchiness. no doubt everyone is gonna jump on this thread and tell you to try mineral makeup. i'm pretty sure most people who post here in the makeup forum use it, and it's all the rage. the best thing about it is that it's much better for (esp. acne-prone) skin than traditional makeup. it also looks much more natural! judging by your skin (i know you feel horrible about it, but it really doesn't look bad to me at ALL! :)), i think it's a perfect candidate for minerals.

there are a bunch of brands that people discuss in here, and lots of threads explaining them. most are purchased online, but you can buy ones in the store, like Physicians Formula, which some people love. personally, i don't think that one provides enough coverage for my redness.

some other mineral brands, which are purchased online:

www.aubreynicole.com

www.everydayminerals.com

www.oceanmistcosmetics.com (though this one has talc, which some people, including myself, prefer not to use)

www.joppaminerals.com is another favorite -- really great coverage/natural-looking -- but their customer service is so bad (horror stories about people not receiving their makeup OR their money back!). i'm afraid to buy from them at this point.

also, most people would advise not to use Bare Minerals, since it contains bismuth oxychloride, which can irritate/itch. this line has broken a lot of people out, and/or made them shiny.

You are a pretty girl from what i can see from the pic , acne has ruined my life too , i had it severe for more than 3 years and then it started to calm down recently , now iam left with ice pick scars on my cheek and scars show up under some lights but arent that bad..but still you can notice them and also alot of red marks on my skin and still having few active pimples here and there...i know how you feel..soo depressing..

By the way , why you and your ex broke up? dont tell me because of your skin , coz if that so..then he doesnt deserve you at all

As clear.dream said..about mineral make up..the best you can use for your skin , doesnt contain so much harsh ingredients or even not so bad ingredients.., it still has like 2-3 ingredietns and covers as much as you layer and looks so natural and soft on the skin

I use Aubery nicole , its pretty good mineral make up..covers very well and also the customer service is just perfect , you will be happy to deal with people like them and get free stuff with your orders , also they will help you find the right shade.., email them with a pic and they will recommend the best shades

If you want to try liquid for now , try Almay clearing blemishes , it covers very well and doesnt break me out at all , but i stopped using liquid coz you can tell your wearing it and looks like a mask on your face.

Good luck with finidng good make up

Edit: just looked at the pic of your skin , NOT BAD AT ALL , wish my skin was like that.

yah...my ex broke up with me because i had pimples...lol he wasn't my bf, just my "friend"-thats what he considered himself as, how nice.

i just looked at myself in the bathroom and thought: hey i dont look too awfl...then i look at myself under natural sun light and just GASPED...

i feel like crap and i keep binge eating, which is not helpin me at all....

^ hey again... just wanted to let you know if you feel like venting and talking about all that stuff, there are a ton of posts about the emotional side of acne here (click), in the "Emotional & Psychological Effects of Acne" forum. (not that we aren't happy to talk here in Makeup, there's just a lot more variety about that stuff there, with people upset/talking about very similar situations.) the support there is great! =]

your "ex" is a jackass and if he cant see past a few spots you are better off without him. dont take when he said to heart, it sounds like he was just saying the meanest thing possible purely for shock value. i think the sooner you stop obsessing over your face, the sooner you'll start to look and feel better.

have you tried the apple cider vinegar/baking soda regimen? it worked pretty well for me but it might hurt a little if you have active acne (the vinegar). anyhow, in my case it seemed to really help with redness.

for now, i would give mineral makeup a shot, i guess. its really not that much more than other makeups and its pretty guaranteed not to be the cause of any breakouts.

goodluck <3

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I have to agree that you ex is an ass. You're a pretty girl and you really don't need someone like that.

Are you still breaking out regularly or is it clearing up?

If I were you I might look into the using AHAs or BHAs to help even out your skin.

Do you have acne scars or do you have red marks and uneven skin? If their red marks then you might want to look at the red marks forum. If you have scars you might want to look at the scar forum for advice. Both forums have a faq that explains what red marks and scars are and other question people may have about them.

It might be a good idea to look into a heavier coverage makeup or minerals. Lots of girls around here like Revlon colorstay for a liquid with good coverage. If you want to look into minerals there is tons of info on the forum about different brands and people's experiences with them.