Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hamhead

moisturizing while on accutane

ive read people's experiences with accutane on this board and all seem to suffer from dryness (face, lips, etc.). my question is if you would recommend using the cetaphil skin moisturizer (the one shown in dan's regimen) while on accutane.

thx

Hi,

I am on accutane right now, and I am using the Cetaphil moisturizer. Its helped a alot, even though Im only on my 7th day of accutane, my skin is extremely dry already. I would definitley give it a try!

are you also using using the regimen while on accutane? i got sick of plopping shit on my face day after day (it felt disgustingly weird) so for a few months i quit doing it and it seemed my acne has come back

First, the Cetaphil moisturizer that I am using has an SPF of 15, and no Im not on the regimen. When you are on accutane you don't need to use anything but an oil free cleanser and moisturizer (well at least thats what my dermatologist told me) If you use anything, for example benzyol peroxide, salicylic acid, it will dry out your skin way too much, and the accutane is already doing that!

The Cetaphil moisturizer I am using is in the green bottle, if that helps? But it does have an SPF!

yeah, you need a moisturizer or else you'll look awful. my skin is really smooth now and im 6 months into accutane. im using three moisturizers, i switch off because i'm not sure which one i like the most (Cetaphil, Eucerin Renewal, Eucerin Extra Protection).

also, you can use salicylic acid if you aren't being really affected by accutane's irritation. i didn't dry out too much or get really irritated skin, so i use a 0.05% SA cleanser with soy in it (it's Aveeno) and I also use Clinamycin pledgets after practice to wash my face with. but it's not the same for everyone, so be aware of how your skin is responding to accutane before trying things to dull some breakouts.

Thats good to know that we can use salicylic acid while on accutane. Do you think 2% is too much? I might try it, cause right now I am using Cetaphil face wash, and I like it, but it like doesnt foam up like my regular one does, and it really bothers me! LOL, thanks!

all depends on how your skin reacts. if you can tell already that your skin will be irritated by accutane, don't use the SA. if you feel smooth and soft, go for it, but use a light one (i actually stopped using the 2% when the fall came cause my skin gets drier). i recommend the Aveeno one with 0.05% SA and soy extracts

I used Eucerin cream, the kind in the big white tub, and vaseline. I rarely washed my face with anything, because I didn't need to, but if I needed to take off some make-up or something I used Cetaphil.

Hey,

Well, I'm on accutane and yes I developed very dry skin! But I'm using a moisturizer called aquatain.This really helps! You can get it at any drugstore and it's actually made for people on Accutane. I think this is the best bet. So far my skin hasn't been very flaky, I'm thanking the aquatain for that!

Aquatain? Really, Ive never heard of that, but Im gonna look for it. Do you think they sell it at like Target/Savon those kind of stores?

hey this is sorta off topic, but i am on my almost 5th month ofaccuane and i'm still not clear! ](*,) i think that it is my cleanser, so what would u guys reccomend as a cleanser? AHHH thanks this is very frusterating

hey this is sorta off topic, but i am on my almost 5th month ofaccuane and i'm still not clear!   ](*,)  i think that it is my cleanser, so what would u guys reccomend as a cleanser? AHHH thanks this is very frusterating