Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just got my first kit of Proactiv in the mail yesterday.

I read over tons of reviews for it on the site and everything is kinda mixed...

I'm wondering if any of you have had any good results using it?

Also was thinking about buying their makeup line sheer finish has anyone used it?

It's over rated. You see Jessica Simpson and Shaun P. Diddy on tv talking it up, but it didn't work much for me. It stopped and killed most breakouts, but didnt prevent them at all, and that's important in skin treatment. I'd say that it dried out my face too much and it was way too much work. Give it a try.

eh, there's nothing special about it. no more effective than any other brand using the same combination. the ad have it look like there's some secret ingrediant that makes everything better. i'm sure it works great for people with a mild case of acne, but didn't do anything for my persistant acne. BTW canceling can be a bitch.

i used it for about a year and a half and i didn't break out much w/ it, but that's probably b/c a lot of the stuff proactiv uses has bp in it. it didn't help my red marks at all though so i stopped using it. the refining mask is great though.

It didn't work for me at all, even though I know (now) that benzoyl peroxide is effective against my acne. The wash was absolutely horrible, it made my face really red and destroyed-looking, the little scrubby bits ripping open my pimples and then getting stuck in them...oh, I really do not miss Proactiv. I think for it to work for me I would have needed to switch to a gentler face wash and just use the repairing lotion, but instead use like three or four times as much as I was using before (a thin layer, as they recommend). My acne didn't improve one tiny bit in the six months I used Proactiv. The toner is really useless too, it's not even a strong enough glycolic acid formulation to actually improve your skin tone. I definitely have way better results from Dan Kern's Regimen than from Proactiv.

proactiv works!!!! just what i had noticed is dont scrub with the cleanser to hard cause that what irriates the skin and makes it red and ugly and scratches the lessions what you always have to do is

1. gently buff skin softly like almost touching the skin for two minutes to remove dead skin cells

2. use a lil or pea size of toner cause alot of toner makes the skin get irritated and breaks you out more

3.use a pea size of the repair lotion to do t-zone and everything

use refining mask 2-3 times a week thats an important one

Always remember use a sunscreen like lamcome mostrizer or the oil free mosture with spf 15

proactiv works very good if you dont touch or pick your acne either so dont pick or touch lession at all times

drink lots of water make the benifits go better treating the inside as well helps alot

the resutls take at least 4-6 months to get face completly clear

first month

proactiv

will bring all the dirt and future pimples underneath the skin and purge so after your done purging the pimple will never come back unless your done stop useing it

never stop early

use there makeup is very good to it all the steps in one foundation

and also the final step if you can get the deep cleansing wash if you skin gets dry from useing the proactiv orginal bp cleanser and use the deep cleansing wash in the am and the bp in the pm gives your skin the benfiits of both acne medications

and finaly always use a mostrizer i can stress enough that what make acne marks go away :surprised:

sincerly richard

ive been on it for about 7 months or so... my skin cleared up for about a week then it has been the same as usual, new pimples every day... sometimes it makes my pimples dry up and they "flake" off... but it makes my skin really dry, itchy, and irritated... i really think its overrated... didnt do too much for me at all :(...

Hey there

I was on accutane and it cleared my skin up 100% but a year later I started breaking out again. I never get acne on my forehead, mostly along the jawline which is a drag. I started using proactiv last Sunday and since then it dried up the few angry red spots on my face. The next day I had three new ones but I used the cleanser and refining mask and they've dried up too. My skin texture looks 100% better and the spots are disappearing fast.

I dont use the day cream as I feel it is too greasy. I think that is good for people whose skin has really began to dry up. Mine hasn't. I use the cleanser in the morning then I apply my Garnier moisturiser and at night I use the cleaner and night cream.

I hope it continues to work.

I've also changed my diet. I take apple cider vinegar and I drink a lot of water with lemon in it. I believe the vinegar is cleaning from the inside and I think a total detox is helpful although it will break you out and then it clears up. What can I say? Vinegar vinegar vinegar and water :-) sunflower seeds are good too, I put them on everything.

I think sometimes you have to go back to basics.

it made it worsr for me

my skin got soooo sensitive

and a burning sensation wen i touch my face

try it maybe it will work 4 u

gud luck

I got it when it first became a craze, I used it for over 6 months and no imrpovement.

I remember thinking "IT BURNS, IT BURNS"

how much is it now like $40? 40 x 6 = $240 down the gutter :sigh: I wish I knew what I know now back then.

I used proactiv in June 2005 and as a result suffered cystic acne. I treated the cystic acne with accutane, and although the acne is gone, I have been left with permanent scars and discoloration on my face. Check out my before and after pictures at http://www.propassiv.com .

I used proactiv in June 2005 and as a result suffered cystic acne. I treated the cystic acne with accutane, and although the acne is gone, I have been left with permanent scars and discoloration on my face. Check out my before and after pictures at http://www.propassiv.com .

Proactive = cleanser, moisturizer, BP

Kern's regimen = cleanser, moisturizer, BP

what dermatologist told me to do = cleanser, moisturizer, BP

YUCK Proactive SUCKS!!! sorry to say hahah... not only does it make acne worse in some cases but BP can prematurely age you... that's why I stopped using BP all together... be careful guys!!!!

just dries your face out believe me i used it two weeks no difference at all until my face dried out and started to flake :doubt: OVERRATED! dont buy any of that stuff personally just talk to your doc

i was on accutane last year. a few months ago i started getting minor breakouts again so i ordered proactive after hearing that topical treatments that didn't work before accutane usually help after. well, wrong! it turned the minor breakous into cystic breakouts and my skin was so irritated and dry ( i was using oil of olay moisturizer too). needless to say i am now back on accutane. hooray :doubt:

I used proactiv for 1 1/2 years. It worked great up until the 18 month mark then I had the breakout of the century. I'm thinking my body just got used to using the 2.5% BP. I cancelled, went to the derm now I'm trying Klaron, duac & doxy(none of which is helping :( ) Proactiv has been sending me brochures about an extra strength version they offer containing a higher % of BP, don't know if it's worth trying but I may be tempted since I'm not a big fan of accutane. Good luck!