Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

Please recommend me a moisturizer...

its winter and my skin is getting drier (tho my t-zone still gets oily). i currently use sheisedo oil-free but its too watery and not intensive enough. i bought some natural moisturizer that has avocado oil and other ingredients, some of which are slightly comedogenic so i dunno if i should use it. i used to use neutrogena intensive day cream last year... might go back to that.. didnt have many problems with that but then again, my acne was so much milder then.

any recommendations? i am actually looking for a moisturizer + cream...

don't say jojoba, cuz i already use that for night time. its too greasy to use for the daytime

it's hard to tell if you're looking for something light, or something really heavy... but it sounds like you have some similar issues as i do, and i would say Complex 15 lotion (not cream) all the way!!! (see signature.)

here's a thread that explains why i love it

and here's the most recent post in the same thread by someone else who recently started this lotion (i'm pasting just so you don't have to scroll thru & hunt for it. :P)

anyway, whatever you decide to try, hope it works for ya! :)

it's hard to tell if you're looking for something light, or something really heavy... but it sounds like you have some similar issues as i do, and i would say Complex 15 lotion (not cream) all the way!!! (see signature.)

here's a thread that explains why i love it

and here's the most recent post in the same thread by someone else who recently started this lotion (i'm pasting just so you don't have to scroll thru & hunt for it. :P)

anyway, whatever you decide to try, hope it works for ya! :)

I actually use the Complex 15 face cream, which is a similar formula but in a smaller tube rather than a big body lotion bottle. I started using the cream over the lotion only because CVS just carried the cream, but I must say that I am thrilled with it. Oh, and don't let the word cream fool you, it's not creamy in the least, and is actually one of the runniest lotions I've ever used. Very non-greasy, goes on completely clear, but packs a serious moisturizing punch. I use it only on my dry spots (around mouth and chin, between brows, sides of nose) to conserve it, and then I use my normal moisturizer on my whole face after that. I think you'd be fine with either the cream or the lotion as I understand there's not much of a difference between the two kinds, though some time I'd like to get a hold of the lotion and see for myself if that's true. I suspect the cream might be a bit more moisturizing than the lotion, but probably not significantly. I know you can get the cream at CVS and I know you can get either online at drugstore.com, amazon.com, etc. I haven't seen Complex 15 stuff anywhere else besides CVS, though, sadly, but it's possible you might find it at other drugstores or large chains.

where would i stick FOTE in my regimen? i use ACV on some mornings so i would use it after that? just like i would as a moisturizer right?? ihave a bottle of the FOTE gel and i have been wanting to experiment with it! :)

right now i am using Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer. Its okay. I am on a mission to find a better one though. I am looking at getting that Sea Breeze brand? Sea Breeze Moisturizer. I go on this site when i look up ingredients in cleansers and moisturizers Awesome Site.

yeah i discovered that site a few days ago! after buying a moisturizer from a health food store.. i looked up the ingredients. some of them rated 2 for comedogenity... do you think thats okay?? erk... i have only used it twice cuz im afraid of breaking out. (especially since my new mmu w/ bismuth broke me out!! luckily i can return it..)

i should just buy all the ingredients that rate "0" and mix them up to make my own fabulous moisterizer. haha!

i used lily of the desert aloe vera gel

it says "99%" in big bold letters... lol.

has some other stuff in it like ascorbic acid, retinyl palmitate, etc... i dont think any of it is bad... but i will try to find 100% aloe ver gel...

although i have been meaning to buy an aloe plant use the fresh juice from the leaf... i heard that is really good for red marks.

Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel works great for me!! Make sure you use a tiny amount about a dime size. Don't over use it also make sure you rub it in well for it to be fully absorbed.

As for stickyness that's only for other brands I tried Lily of the Desert plus Forever Living brand they are too sticky for my face.

FOTE has the best Aloe Vera Gel I have ever used.

i used lily of the desert aloe vera gel

it says "99%" in big bold letters... lol.

has some other stuff in it like ascorbic acid, retinyl palmitate, etc... i dont think any of it is bad... but i will try to find 100% aloe ver gel...

although i have been meaning to buy an aloe plant use the fresh juice from the leaf... i heard that is really good for red marks.

Yes, I am very oily and I still moisturize.. I read somewhere that it was still very important to moisturize no matter what lol. I just use a light moisturizer =]

its winter and my skin is getting drier (tho my t-zone still gets oily). i currently use sheisedo oil-free but its too watery and not intensive enough. i bought some natural moisturizer that has avocado oil and other ingredients, some of which are slightly comedogenic so i dunno if i should use it. i used to use neutrogena intensive day cream last year... might go back to that.. didnt have many problems with that but then again, my acne was so much milder then.

don't say jojoba, cuz i already use that for night time. its too greasy to use for the daytime

I HIGHLY reccommend Olay Sensitve Moisture Therapy Lotion or Cream-- VERY easy to get a hold of, and it's cheap, and it works! It's oil-free/fragrance/colorant free, so there's nothing there to make you react to it.

maybe ill try complex 15..ive been looking for a go to moisturizer ever since eucerin decided to snip their inventory. right now im using clean&clear oil-free oxygenating ultra-light moisturizer with spf 15. (what a mouthful)

its okay, i dont like the fact that its light blue in color (like the packaging) because thats just stupid and unneccesary un-natural product and dyes. it rates about a 7/10 for me because it does moisturize pretty well, and its pretty light weight as promised. the only thing is it kinda burns sometimes, theres no AHA in it, but there must be some other ingredient...

edit: as for body, i looove palmer's cocoa butter. its so thick and smells nice (to me). also, its supposed to "soothe marks" and "tone skin". hmm.

Oh darn, sometimes it's just a pain in the behind to live en Denmark! I can't get Complex 15 nor the Olay one here :(

And I'm looking for a good moisturizer... Am running out.

LOL, clear dream, you're such a pimp for complex 15 now. And I thought I was bad talking about it. But honestly, it's a really good moisturizer and I can't recommend a better one out there.

For those who wants a light daily lotion with spf, try Cetaphil daily moisturizing lotion with SPF 15. It's thin like complex 15 and feels very light. However, it still can't match complex 15 in quality. That's my only gripe about complex 15, no sun protection.

And for god's sake, try the ZUM goat's milk soaps. You'll thank me.