Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MGirl

Makeup ingredients

I recently started breaking out (at 31!) and I have never been makeup savvy. Lip gloss and mascara are all I am used to wearing. Now that my face is getting noticeably worse and worse I need something to cover it. I am almost done with a tube of nutragena concealer which covered fine but I am suspicious of the ingredients. I'm curious about which ingredients other members have identified as causing breakouts, scientific names and all.

Thanks.

MGirl

I found that when I stopped using my old powder with talc I didnt break out as much and my pimples were alot smaller.

Hi MGirl. Have you tried mineral makeup?

I'm a very low maintenance kind of girl so I really wouldn't use mineral makeup unless I was going to a special event. Lets just say that i have three boys, a husband who works full time in retail, and I teach four college courses a semester, and I'm aspiring to be a successful writer. While I really appreciate any makeup that makes you look beautiful if I can't smear it on in a few seconds then I won't use it. I mean I have a problem remembering to brush my hair!

Plus I'm poor so I can't afford it, lol.

Do you use anything under your minerals?

A REALLY fats foundation is Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation. I LOVE my colorstay but once my big pustules ubsided and I didn't need *as* much coverage, I went for the quicker, faster powder and it's really great. Doesn't break me out OR irritate my excema.

Aubery Nicole mineral make up covers pretty good and gives soft natural look to the face , unlike liquid make up makes your face look like a mask , and mineral make up is easy and faster..but takes a little practice.

Here is the website if you thought about it and its pretty good to use for skin everyday coz its natural minerals ! www.auberynicole.com

Besides mineral make up , i would say try either..Maybelliene pure make up but its very light and need a good conealer with it , if you want more coverage and liquid , try Almay clearing blemishes line..for sure it wont break you out because its actually for acne prone skin and it covers very good and lasts.