Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laura lou

aloe gel for scars??

i was in a health shop yesterday and i was talking to one of the shop assistants about aleo gel and he was telling me that it works really well for acne scarring because it encourages healing and a new layer of skin!

I got some really shallow scars on my forehead that i'm keen to get rid of...

soo....I was just wondering if anyone here has had any luck with using aloe gel for their scars coz i'm really tempted to give it a try if it works!

thanks!

Guest max_powers585
i was in a health shop yesterday and i was talking to one of the shop assistants about aleo gel and he was telling me that it works really well for acne scarring because it encourages healing and a new layer of skin!

soo....I was just wondering if anyone here has had any luck with using aloe gel for their scars coz i'm really tempted to give it a try if it works!

thanks!

Sorry hun, but if you have actual indented shallow scarring then aloe gel will be useless. Same goes for the most creams out there.

aloe vera is great for red marks

try retin a for for your shallow scars

thankyou!

i will try that retin a soon! Is it prescribed or can i buy it in a shop!

thanks!

thanks!

Laura,

The main ingredient of Aloe Vera is manose-6-phoshpate, which apparently suppresses transforming growth factor beta 1 and 2 which is involved in inflammation, I think. So I guess Aloe vera would be good for any new scar or spot etc.

You can read about manose-6-phosphate at www.renovo.com under a product that is not yet out called 'juvidex'.

Cheers,

Kirk.

I've been using aloe Vera straight from the plant for about 2 weeks or so now. And that stuff is a miracle. I've had red marks for sooo long and they are fading. If I get any new pimples I apply this and they heal within a few days..no red mark whatsoever. Now my skin takes forever to heal and I've had some red spots for over two years. I definitely swear by this stuff it's the best thing so far for red marks that I've ever used and I've used everything. I definitely recommend using it on red marks and active acne for fast healing. :D

Aloe vera is amazing, works miracles....it has a soothing effect on skin that feels dry....& I believe it helps to improve skin condition (since I'm using it everyday)

I love aloe, originally I had several plants in a window box, but my cats kept getting into it. Then started using Lily of the Desert, but they recently changed their formulation - and it made me break out :evil: So the hunt for a new aloe gel was on. For about two months now I've been using mountainroseherbs aloe, VERY pure- 99.7%, with bits of pulp and a greenish tint, HERE Hands down, my HG aloe vera.

I DO NOT recommend FOTE (fruit of the earth) The label is deceiving - 100% Gel, NOT 100% aloe

ingredients:Aloe Vera Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer 940, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea -- yuck.

Triethanolamine = TEA, comedogenic

Tetrasodium EDTA=comedogenic

DMDM Hydantoin & Diazolidinyl Urea = fairly high history of allergic reaction

I've been using aloe Vera straight from the plant for about 2 weeks or so now. And that stuff is a miracle. I've had red marks for sooo long and they are fading. If I get any new pimples I apply this and they heal within a few days..no red mark whatsoever. Now my skin takes forever to heal and I've had some red spots for over two years. I definitely swear by this stuff it's the best thing so far for red marks that I've ever used and I've used everything. I definitely recommend using it on red marks and active acne for fast healing. :D

I love aloe, originally I had several plants in a window box, but my cats kept getting into it. Then started using Lily of the Desert, but they recently changed their formulation - and it made me break out :evil: So the hunt for a new aloe gel was on. For about two months now I've been using mountainroseherbs aloe, VERY pure- 99.7%, with bits of pulp and a greenish tint, HERE Hands down, my HG aloe vera.

I DO NOT recommend FOTE (fruit of the earth) The label is deceiving - 100% Gel, NOT 100% aloe

ingredients:Aloe Vera Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer 940, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea -- yuck.

hi, just thought i'd mention Aubrey organics aloe vera. Its great stuff, just pure aloe vera, Citrus Seed Extract (natural preservative) and Vitamin E.

Best aloe vera i used and is just as good as the stuff straight from the plant. check it out on their site....all their products are worth the money IMO.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cf...=081&cat=16

Hmm, are there any retail locations to purchase that mountain rose aloe gel? I hate ordering stuff like that off the internet because you pay more for shipping than you do for the actual product.

Also, I've been using FOTE aloe gel for a few weeks now and haven't any reaction or breakouts due to it. Maybe I'm just lucky.