Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novalie

Red Hypertrophic Scars....................VBEAM?

I have several hypertrophic (raised) scars on my shoulders/upper back. I have gotten a series of Kenalog injections, which have left some of the scars atrophied (indented), some of them flat, and some of them still raised a bit....but they all have one thing in common: they are RED! I know that it has something to do with the blood vessels underneath because after I go running, the scars look a lot darker, almost purple.

So, I just don't know how to get rid of the redness. I would assume that there are no creams or topicals that would have any effect. I've been using Super Cop 2x from Skin Biology as a topical, but I don't notice any difference with the redness.

So, what is left to do? Would V-Beam have any effect? I don't care how raised or atrophied these scars are, as long as the color goes away. If these scars were white, I would be totally fine!

Please, please, please, offer any advice! I REALLY appreciate it, everyone :-)

How long ago did you get the kenalog shots. The red will probably fade in time. I believe the V beam goes for the red color in the skin more than the IPL. Do a search on here for V Beam and see everyones response.

Also, If you want to get rid of the hypertrophic scars find a Derm who uses 5-FU shots. It is similar to kenalog but works better and doesn't create indented scars.

Good luck

hello novalie my name is alex and let me start off by saying you should NEVER F*CKING get anything injected with kenalog cortisone because it will destroy your life. some people say it works for cysts and junk like that -- i am sure it does, but the thing is, the risks involved are far too great and chances are you will be scarred forever. i had a cyst on my chest injected with kenalog and instead of helping me it left a HUGE hole. i can actually feel the indentation with my GOD DAMN FINGER. :wacko: anyway, the ONLY way for you, i, and people that are in the same shoes as we are is to get the scars excised. excision is the only way -- the cheapest way, considering lasers add up as you get more treatments. [even though you will be left with a small linear scar] if you want more info feel free to leave me a pm and i'll give you more info. remember, excision is the BEST way to fix our problem. i did it and i wish i had done it sooner rather than waiting and thinking that "TIME" and "LASERS" will heal me...

How long ago did you get the kenalog shots. The red will probably fade in time. I believe the V beam goes for the red color in the skin more than the IPL. Do a search on here for V Beam and see everyones response.

Also, If you want to get rid of the hypertrophic scars find a Derm who uses 5-FU shots. It is similar to kenalog but works better and doesn't create indented scars.

Good luck

I've had the hypertrophic scars (on my upper back / shoulders) for 7 years, and I got them injected about a year ago. The color has faded just slightly - still way too red for my liking.

Does the VBeam only address the color, or does it do anything to the size of the scar? Believe me, I would be happy if these scars were just white instead of red! But VBeam is expensive so I want to make sure that it works....

hello novalie my name is alex and let me start off by saying you should NEVER F*CKING get anything injected with kenalog cortisone because it will destroy your life. some people say it works for cysts and junk like that -- i am sure it does, but the thing is, the risks involved are far too great and chances are you will be scarred forever. i had a cyst on my chest injected with kenalog and instead of helping me it left a HUGE hole. i can actually feel the indentation with my GOD DAMN FINGER. :wacko: anyway, the ONLY way for you, i, and people that are in the same shoes as we are is to get the scars excised. excision is the only way -- the cheapest way, considering lasers add up as you get more treatments. [even though you will be left with a small linear scar] if you want more info feel free to leave me a pm and i'll give you more info. remember, excision is the BEST way to fix our problem. i did it and i wish i had done it sooner rather than waiting and thinking that "TIME" and "LASERS" will heal me...

I would love to get these excised, but since they are located on my shoulders and upper back, it would create more problems. Because there is *so* much movement in this area, once I got the stitches, it would just scar up again, possibly worse than before. I just don't think I would want to risk it....what do you think? (and thanks for the reply, Alex!)