Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Guest

I'm just over a month in. im still undecided as to if there is a difference. it seems clear, bar a few problem blemishes but around the time of my period, im always at my clearest, it normally has its monthly breakout after my period, so ill reserve opinion and give it a while longer. i hope i see an inprovement.

It took like 3 or 4 weeks to see improvements, but after that, it made wonders. I'm now 80-90% clear.

Guest Guest

Ok its finaly gotten rid of my cyclist acne but i get heaps of white heads now:S.

i had moderate acne around my chin and forehead and it took 6 weeks to notice that i wasn't getting any new breakouts, not one new pimple. it took 3 months to be completely clear and redmark free (and i have very fair skin).

It never worked for me. I was on it for 2 months. Now I am taking Accutane. Finally going to get rid of acne for good! Yes! Good luck with everything!

hey there, ive been on minocycline for almost a year now, i personally didnt see results for about six to 8 weeks, after that it worked well, it kinda went through good weeks and bad weeks but nothing that was to hard to cope with, you just have to hang in there!

hope all goes well for you!

I was using minocycline for 6 weeks. First 3 weeks 50mg every day, last 3 weeks only 3 times 50 mg a week. No result. My acne get worser than when I started. Now I'm again using minocycline, 50 mg, for about.. 1.5 week now I guess. I see a difference but my acne is still there. I hope my acne will be gone at the end of the 6 weeks.

depends on ur dosage, im on 100mg a day and i am almost done my first month, ive seen improvements but nothing drastic, my doctor said it takes about 3 months for full effects, but i will notice a difference in a month, and so far hes been right.

Started working by the end of Week 1 for me :D...awesome medicine, but you need a high dosage for long-term for it to work, for me atleast. Minocycline didn't cure my acne, it just treated it. Hopefully, Accutane will cure it :)

I have taken Solodyn (time release minocycline) for 11 weeks now and am still breaking out as usual. I don't believe it should take this much time to work. Maybe its time to switch up to something new?

Ive been taking it for almost 4 months now, and my skin has improved VERY much. Could be the mino or it could be the Evoclin or hell both of them. I saw improvements within the first few days but I got a bad breakout a month later but it cleared up and my skin right now is at its all time best

I've been on mino for 11 weeks and while my skin has got clearer i still get breakouts sometimes, even cystic.

Is this normal.

Hi,

I have been taking minocycline for the last one and a half weeks now. There are improvements, nothing drastic. I still get breakouts. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, it should clear. I still have red marks (PIH or Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation). Minocycline does nothing about the marks. Try to take Zinc tablets to soothe them out along with vitamin C cream at night.

Minocycline is kinda slow. Doxycycline just wiped out all my zits in less then a week.

V

I've been on mino for 11 weeks and while my skin has got clearer i still get breakouts sometimes, even cystic.

Is this normal.

Hi,

I have been taking minocycline for the last one and a half weeks now. There are improvements, nothing drastic. I still get breakouts. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, it should clear. I still have red marks (PIH or Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation). Minocycline does nothing about the marks. Try to take Zinc tablets to soothe them out along with vitamin C cream at night.

Minocycline is kinda slow. Doxycycline just wiped out all my zits in less then a week.

V

Is this normal.

Is it okay to take Zinc tablets then? On the minocycline box i have it does say not to take with Zinc, i obviously wont do that, but later on in the day it will be fine to take them then and wont effect the minocycline?

I have taken Solodyn (time release minocycline) for 11 weeks now and am still breaking out as usual. I don't believe it should take this much time to work. Maybe its time to switch up to something new?

Its effectiveness depends on the amount you take daily. I realised 100 mg is not enough, so I take 200 mg daily, one tablet in the morning, one before going to sleep. This is a slow release stuff, It is active for approx 10 hours, during which time It interferes with the metabolism and reproduction of the acne bacteria. It does not kill it though. My doc says that I will have to take It for at least 6 months but probably for years. It does not have side effects fortunately (like doxycycline, that is really detrimental to your health and mood). The first week I took 3-4 tablets (300-400mg) per day to speed up the process and It worked. (though the leaflet said, if I take more than 100mg, I should phone the ambulance!!) But I survived, no strange side effects, maybe a slight breathing disorder but nothing major. I dont want to encourage anybody to take more than the recommended dosage, but It seems to be for me that the docs are too optimistic. From what I read from other people, It seems to be that 200 mg (2x100mg) per day Is the ideal amount. One at 10 in the morning, one at 10 in the evening, to cover the 24hr period. Good luck!