Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CMB333

Is Aloe Vera Good for Red marks?

Is Aloe Vera Good for Red marks?

where can i get aloe vera from my mom has looked 4 it 4 me but cant find it

how are u guys using it?? just on individual marks or whole patches?? maybe that has something to do with how well it works :confused:

I just apply it to my redmarks. I can't really put it on my whole face because it's too sticky and drying. Well technically it's not drying at all, it's moisturizing, but I think the fact that it creates sort of a film on your face makes you feel dry.

I put it on the red mark areas too over night, it looks like it is making a difference over time..

I bought my Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel in a pump sized bottle from WALMART, I did have to go to the sunscreen section to find it though :cool:

I've been using aloe vera straight from the plant for maybe a week now? Well I got this pretty bad pimple near my eye and it was bright bright red...so I put aloe on and it's pretty much gone right now. It completely healed it..and usually my red marks last forever. When I say forever, I mean it...I have redmarks from over two years still. But I've had a few pimples appear over the last week and the aloe really does help to soothe them and fade the redmarks. I'm not even kidding, I'm so happy that it's working I wasn't sure if it would but I can see it immediately. I would suggest using it straight from the plant and nothing else because they may or may not be diluted with chemicals but I'm really not sure...

I just started using the Fruit of the earth 100% aloe vera gel, and its really been helping in fading my red marks. Haven't used it for more than 4 or 5 days, and it helps in fading the marks. My red marks aren't as noticeable, but still there. they must be in the process of healing. I apply the gel over large areas and apply general amounts. About 5-10 minutes after applying it, certain parts of my skin where there are breakouts etc get very itchy etc which gives me the impression its healing. I think it just boosts and speeds up the healing process of blemishes and marks.

I put some aloe vera on my face last night, today my whiteheads have shrunk a little. I have actually stopped putting moisture and replaced that with aloe vera, because whenever I put moisturiser, my face feels oilyyy and prone to whiteheads etc. I find if I just cleanse and tone my face ends up kinda drying out a touch, but not the point where it forces me 2 break out. I put large, generous patches of aloe vera on problematic areas and let it work its wonders overnight.

I've tried Aloe Vera on my red marks and it didn't seem to do much.

However, I've noticed that if I use it on an active pimple, the red mark left will be significantly reduced.

Supposedly, you're to cleanse your face, pat dry, then apply a thin layer of the gel onto your face. After it dries, I would think that you could continuously apply as needed. Overall, aloe vera gel (at least the 100% kinds) is supposed to help speed up the healing of red marks. I've had experience with pure aloe vera (straight from the plant) eliminating reddish/brown marks completely within 3 hours, but with application every 5 minutes (yeah, it was a hastle).

Aloe vera gel should work no different, as most are 100% aloe vera.

3 hours? That sounds a bit iffy to me. Im thinking maybe 3 weeks to completely heal, not 3 hours lol. I find the fresh gel from the plant is much stronger and is more irritating (i.e. itchy, u can feel its working lol)

I used aloe vera, switched to Jamieson Vitamine E Cream. But if Aloe Vera was doing anything it was working very slooowly. But it does make ur skin really soft.

Besides having red marks and few pimples here and there I have the softer skin then my clear skinned friends

Guest Mankind

I think I might give this a try.

My skin can get a little dry from time to time also.

Has anyone ever tried all natural 100% Aloe from the plant and noticed it works faster/better than 'processed' stuff?

One of my friends works at a Garden Centre and maybe I could get one