Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am amazed at the results. I believe it has been 3 days and although visible results are not seen, I can feel my skin getting smoother and pimples disappearing. Have not had any new ones either =D !!!

The area around my mouth does feel a bit dry though so I am not going to put any more lotion there since I do not break out there.

Agree, after 1 week - I am also amazed at the results. They even took photos at work this week and I was like - oh, no, not photos. But it actually turned out pretty good. I noticed I don't like my glasses more than I noticed my acne.

I am loving just using it once a day, and then just the cleanser in the morning. I love easy routines.

And no SCRUBS - yeah. And no MASKS - yeah.

in general, my results are going pretty well. Im still getting breakouts here and there, but not as frequent as before starting on clearogen, and when I do, the breakouts clear quicker. Im thinking of using an exfoliating scrub instead of my cleanser, it feels as if my skin is clogged with dead skin cells. I read on another thread that our skin sheds 50,000 cells a minute. Wow. Will keep everyone updated on my progress.

This is now end of week 2 i believe.

in general, my results are going pretty well. Im still getting breakouts here and there, but not as frequent as before starting on clearogen, and when I do, the breakouts clear quicker. Im thinking of using an exfoliating scrub instead of my cleanser, it feels as if my skin is clogged with dead skin cells. I read on another thread that our skin sheds 50,000 cells a minute. Wow. Will keep everyone updated on my progress.

This is now end of week 2 i believe.

Haha I am glad you liked my post :D When I read that, I was like omg, yeah, I have to exfoliate!

just order from the clearogen website, i did... the only other place that has it is folica.com which ive heard doesnt have good service.

just order from the clearogen website, i did... the only other place that has it is folica.com which ive heard doesnt have good service.

Did you get it shipped to Canada? I wonder if you're charged any customs.

omg, yes, folica.com is awful. I e-mailed them asking them to estimate the time it would usually take for unavailable items to come in stock again, and they didn't respond, which resulted in this huge accident for me which cost me a lot of money--all 'cause they couldn't take the time to reply. Later I e-mailed them a comment on their incompetent customer service, and they didn't respond to that, either. I've given them a lot of time to respond, but they're probably just ignoring me on purpose.

Jerks. :evil:

On the bright side, I've been using Clearogen (the kit I ordered off the Clearogen website, which I didn't encounter any problems with, unlike folica.com) since March 15th, and I haven't had any new breakouts at all! :) My current breakouts are very going away, slowly, but they're going away, so that's good.

Do you think that using the Clearogen system twice daily instead of once would yield faster results? :think:

2 WEEK UPDATE:

Well, like almost everyone else trying it, after the first few days I improved a lot in terms of inflammation and reduced number of new pimples. However I'd say I really haven't improved much further since then and my skin is about the same level of oilyness. It is silly to expect to be completely clear or something after a few weeks so I'm just going to be patient and hope for more improvement. That said, my skin is still looking a lot better than it previously was.

I've been using the whole Clearogen system at night. In the morning I was using just the cleanser which was too drying, so then I started applying Neutrogena Moisture Combination skin which I like a lot better than Cetaphil, much less greasy, but I'd rather not to have to apply anything additional in the morning. The past few days I've switched to Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin in the morning which I'm liking. Its much less drying and I hardly have to apply any moisturizer if any at all.

omg, yes, folica.com is awful. I e-mailed them asking them to estimate the time it would usually take for unavailable items to come in stock again, and they didn't respond, which resulted in this huge accident for me which cost me a lot of money--all 'cause they couldn't take the time to reply. Later I e-mailed them a comment on their incompetent customer service, and they didn't respond to that, either. I've given them a lot of time to respond, but they're probably just ignoring me on purpose.

Jerks. :evil:

On the bright side, I've been using Clearogen (the kit I ordered off the Clearogen website, which I didn't encounter any problems with, unlike folica.com) since March 15th, and I haven't had any new breakouts at all! :) My current breakouts are very going away, slowly, but they're going away, so that's good.

Do you think that using the Clearogen system twice daily instead of once would yield faster results? :think:

Well, I replied to this, but my post got lost I think... But I think applying it twice per day would make it more potent but you'd increase the risk of overdrying/irritating your skin. That's what I like so much about this product, is that its not irritating at all to me unlike many of the other BP products I've used. Sometimes less is more. If you try it twice a day, let us know how it works. Good to hear the positive results so far!

My acne is healing faster than ever before! I can barely feel any pimples on my cheeks and no new ones appearing which is extremely good for me since i've been eating whatever i feel like eating such as junk food and drinking milk with cereal too (moderate manner tho) lol

No improvements in oil production on the skin but it's only been 5 days so I cannot be expecting a miracle but in 5 days I have seen significant improvement in the skin acne wise, I am almost acne-free except for marks :(

This product is a complete non-sense.

If DHT is causing acne, why would people on this forum complain about getting acne ever since they started DHT blocking med, called "Propecia" ?

thats weird my bro takes propecia and his face is unbelievably awesome

Are you saying that your bro had acne before taking Propecia and got cleared since taking the med (Propecia)?

If DHT is causing acne, why would people on this forum complain about getting acne ever since they started DHT blocking med, called "Propecia" ?

Well this statement is a bit naive. First of all, Clearogen does not contain Propecia, it contains saw palmetto and efa's to block the dht. Although they may have the same goal, they're not the same substance. There have been studies showing that saw palmetto blocks both type 1 and type 2 of 5 alpha reductase whereas fernistride (ingredient in Propecia) has been shown to only block type 2, and also that saw palmetto inhibits testestorone more effectively that fernistride.

Second, Clearogen is applied topically, Propecia internally correct? With any drugs there are going to be side effects, perhaps those taking Propecia did have reduced DHT but the drug messed up other systems internally that increased inflammatory responses, etc. and hence acne.

Finally, for these people that developed acne after taking Propecia, did the Propecia at least have any effect on their hair, reduced hairloss or growth? If not perhaps, Propecia just simply doesn't work them.

You brought up a good point, but took quite a jump in logic. With all that said, regardless, what's the point of so blantly dismissing a product without even trying it out especially if others are having positive results? However, I believe any results people are seeing in the first weeks have to be due to the SA and time-released BP rather than the anti-DHT ingredients since those are supposed to take longer to have an effect.

I am hoping that in the next 30 days I see some oil reduction because oily face just makes the marks look worse!!!! If I am 100% clear in the next 30-60 days, I am going to start doing some home dermabrasion kit to help clear up the marks faster.

We all have to find a good dermabrasion kit together to help all of our marks heal =)

This product definitely works no doubt.

Hi All,

First post, but I have been following you all for a couple of weeks. Just received my Clearogen on Friday so it's still very early. So far, I like the feel, and the convenience of just one toner and lotion application at night. Can't claim any improvement yet.

Here's the deal-

I just sent a message to the Clearogen site because I am concerned about the difference in the ingredient lists between the web site and the bottles themselves. Are we really getting what they are telling us we are??

Here is the message I sent. Let's see if I get a reply or better yet if they post it on the Ask the Experts page.

Dear Dr. Khadavi,

I am confused by the way the ingredients for the three products are listed on the bottles that I just received, as compared to how they are listed and described on the website.

Under your web site heading of Research is the following statement:

Clearogen's Anti-DHT Ingredients

The Anti-DHT ingredients in Clearogen are natural compounds proven to inhibit 5-Alpha-Reductase (the enzyme that produces DHT), and block the androgen receptors. These active ingredients include Gamma Linolenic acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic acid (ALA), Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Saw Palmetto Extract, Beta-Sitosterol, Green Tea Catechins, Dodecyl Gallate, and Octyl Gallate. Clearogen is the only product that contains these ingredients in one easy to use topical formula.

These nine ingredients are also listed on your web site under the product descriptions as being included in the toner and lotion.

However, the products that I recently ordered and received do not list these ingredients on the bottles.

In fact, the toner lists none of the ingredients above, and the lotion only lists three; Beta-Sitosterol, Linoleic Acid, and Green Tree Extracts (Catechins.)

Please explain which ingredients are actually in the products you are selling. The explanation of the science seems to ring true and there are many people out their hoping this is the solution for them. But it is concerning when the actual products we receive differ greatly in their ingredient descriptions on the bottle and on your web site.

I hope to receive a reply,

Thank you,

I will keep you posted......

I think you'll clear up soon, AshB. Hang in there!

So I got Clearogen delivered this afternoon, and I just used the whole system now except for the cleanser since I used another cleanser when I was in the shower.

I'm hoping that huge zit on my forehead goes away or reduces in size tomorrow morning! *crosses fingers*

By the way, has anyone ever noticed how weird the lotion smells? It doesn't really bother me, but it just reminds me of something... like shoe boxes. :doubt:

Thanks for that Calla Lily, things are looking better. My whole face is now pink instead of blood red and clearing slowly. My skin has become very flaky today, even though I have used an extra moisturizer everyday since I started, I guess it is really drying things up! :)

Thanks for that Calla Lily, things are looking better. My whole face is now pink instead of blood red and clearing slowly. My skin has become very flaky today, even though I have used an extra moisturizer everyday since I started, I guess it is really drying things up! :)

Oh, I had some redness earlier this morning (I know picking is bad, but only pick the ones that are "pop-able") and I put aloe vera gel on the red spots, and it really helped reduced redness.

What moisturizer(s) do you use currently? I noticed Clearogen was kind of drying as well, so my olay moisturizer once a day doesn't really cut it for me anymore. I'm definitely not going to be using Clearogen two times a day since I don't want to zap all the moisture from my skin! This morning I put on a bit of Cetaphil cream, but I'm running out and I'm thinking of buying CeraVe and/or Lac Hydrin 5 (for red marks) in a bit.

Well this statement is a bit naive. First of all, Clearogen does not contain Propecia, it contains saw palmetto and efa's to block the dht. Although they may have the same goal, they're not the same substance. There have been studies showing that saw palmetto blocks both type 1 and type 2 of 5 alpha reductase whereas fernistride (ingredient in Propecia) has been shown to only block type 2, and also that saw palmetto inhibits testestorone more effectively that fernistride.

Second, Clearogen is applied topically, Propecia internally correct? With any drugs there are going to be side effects, perhaps those taking Propecia did have reduced DHT but the drug messed up other systems internally that increased inflammatory responses, etc. and hence acne.

Finally, for these people that developed acne after taking Propecia, did the Propecia at least have any effect on their hair, reduced hairloss or growth? If not perhaps, Propecia just simply doesn't work them.

You brought up a good point, but took quite a jump in logic. With all that said, regardless, what's the point of so blantly dismissing a product without even trying it out especially if others are having positive results? However, I believe any results people are seeing in the first weeks have to be due to the SA and time-released BP rather than the anti-DHT ingredients since those are supposed to take longer to have an effect.

There is no scientific proof that Saw Palmetto blocks both type1 and type2 of dht, and you're the one who took quite a jump in logic by reading some unproven stuff that are all over the internet. Also, those who experienced acne by taking Propecia of course had some effect on their hair.

B4 criticizing someone, learn about yourself, first!

There is no scientific proof that Saw Palmetto blocks both type1 and type2 of dht, and you're the one who took quite a jump in logic by reading some unproven stuff that are all over the internet. Also, those who experienced acne by taking Propecia of course had some effect on their hair.

*Sigh*... Actually, the saw palmetto info is from published studies. You can check the Research section of the Clearogen website for a start. True, any empirical study for any scientific inquiry can never ultimately "prove" anything, but strongly suggest, but that's a matter of semantics. Umm no, its not type 1 or type 2 dht. Type 1, type 2 refers to the enzyme that converts testosterone to dht. Regardless, this product is working for me and others so far. Come back when you have a stronger argument or clearer motive...

Hi All,

First post, but I have been following you all for a couple of weeks. Just received my Clearogen on Friday so it's still very early. So far, I like the feel, and the convenience of just one toner and lotion application at night. Can't claim any improvement yet.

Here's the deal-

I just sent a message to the Clearogen site because I am concerned about the difference in the ingredient lists between the web site and the bottles themselves. Are we really getting what they are telling us we are??

Here is the message I sent. Let's see if I get a reply or better yet if they post it on the Ask the Experts page.

Dear Dr. Khadavi,

I am confused by the way the ingredients for the three products are listed on the bottles that I just received, as compared to how they are listed and described on the website.

Under your web site heading of Research is the following statement:

Clearogen's Anti-DHT Ingredients

The Anti-DHT ingredients in Clearogen are natural compounds proven to inhibit 5-Alpha-Reductase (the enzyme that produces DHT), and block the androgen receptors. These active ingredients include Gamma Linolenic acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic acid (ALA), Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Saw Palmetto Extract, Beta-Sitosterol, Green Tea Catechins, Dodecyl Gallate, and Octyl Gallate. Clearogen is the only product that contains these ingredients in one easy to use topical formula.

These nine ingredients are also listed on your web site under the product descriptions as being included in the toner and lotion.

However, the products that I recently ordered and received do not list these ingredients on the bottles.

In fact, the toner lists none of the ingredients above, and the lotion only lists three; Beta-Sitosterol, Linoleic Acid, and Green Tree Extracts (Catechins.)

Please explain which ingredients are actually in the products you are selling. The explanation of the science seems to ring true and there are many people out their hoping this is the solution for them. But it is concerning when the actual products we receive differ greatly in their ingredient descriptions on the bottle and on your web site.

I hope to receive a reply,

Thank you,

I will keep you posted......

I think apparently they claimed they have a misprint on the ingredients list before? Who knows... It will be interesting what their response is, keep us informed!

*Sigh*... Actually, the saw palmetto info is from published studies. You can check the Research section of the Clearogen website for a start. True, any empirical study for any scientific inquiry can never ultimately "prove" anything, but strongly suggest, but that's a matter of semantics. Umm no, its not type 1 or type 2 dht. Type 1, type 2 refers to the enzyme that converts testosterone to dht. Regardless, this product is working for me and others so far. Come back when you have a stronger argument or clearer motive...

If Saw Palmetto had that strong effect, why would people take prescritipn medication for hairloss.

OMG, do you actually believe what's said on Clearogen website? You kind of people make it so easy to rip-off.

You've been using Clearogen for what...2 weeks and you say it's Clearogen that's making your face better? There are sooo many things you're taking right now: Paleo Diet, Fish oil, Zinc, Multi-vitamin, Probiotic. It's not even scientific to conclude that Clearogen is doing something to you.

As far as I know, Saw Palmetto's effect on dht is not proven. Some studies say there was no difference with placebo. Also, what makes you think applying Saw Palmetto topically has any effect on skin? [MOD EDIT]

[MOD EDIT]

And give me links that have published studies on Saw Palmetto. Hopefully the site is not some commercial site trying to rip you kind of people.

*Sigh*

thats weird my bro takes propecia and his face is unbelievably awesome

Are you saying that your bro had acne before taking Propecia and got cleared since taking the med (Propecia)?

no he used to have acne... but uses it to prevent early stages of hair loss.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

update: well, i think maybe the biochemistry of my skin is changing. i think the anti-dht ingredients are kicking in now. ive had quite a big breakout.. but hopefully that just means all the deep blemishes are surfacing. Well my face has improved even that little bit over the course of the day. I hope this stuff really ends up being the last acne product i use..