Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I saw this thread and thought this clearogen product seems like it would be a good investment. My brother has horrible acne.....I mean, its like nasty horrible. I feel so bad for the kid so I bought him the clearogen kit and express shipped it to him. He got it on Tuesday and so its been 2 days. He says his face feels really dry...but yet it doesnt look dry. He also said his face itches real bad from it. SO? What do you guys think? Should he stop using Clearogen? Or should he continue using it for a couple more days???? Let me know guys!!!

Well, we've all just started using it, so none of us are experts. If he has really bad acne, like severe acne, he should maybe see a derm unless he's already been that route. What else has he used?

How often does he apply it? How much does he apply? Like the directions say, you should probably start off slow especially if his skin isn't used to BP, so use it less often (every other day) and/or significantly less of it. Also, make sure he rinses really well after applying the cleanser. More than anything, your best bet is to contact the company, Clearogen and ask them.

Any updates guys? How is it feeling, does it feel a bit harsher or is the skin getting used to it? I hope it works, keep us updated :)

Any updates guys? How is it feeling, does it feel a bit harsher or is the skin getting used to it? I hope it works, keep us updated :)

Yeah, still going good. Fingers crossed. No new pimples today. Its been 4.5 days now. Pretty much anything that was heavily inflammed before really is healing. I just have so many damn previously inflamed blemishes though that are left. They're not really red marks, but not really pimples, just sort of what you get stuck with for weeks after a big pimple recedes. I assume these will take much longer to improve, but is so nice not seeing any new ones sneak up! My skin has been slightly less oily also, but I think its because I'm being more consistant with the fish oil pills the past few days (2.4g combined EPA+DHA). Or maybe its because the effects of good dieting are finally kickin in? I do know though things didn't really start improving until the Clearogen though.

I just hope that the BP from the Clearogen will kick start things and clear me and then the anti-DHT ingredients + fish oil + low glycemic/low inflammation foods will take over after 6 months or something and I won't have to do anything topical other than cleanse, that would be a dream.

Well, we've all just started using it, so none of us are experts. If he has really bad acne, like severe acne, he should maybe see a derm unless he's already been that route. What else has he used?

How often does he apply it? How much does he apply? Like the directions say, you should probably start off slow especially if his skin isn't used to BP, so use it less often (every other day) and/or significantly less of it. Also, make sure he rinses really well after applying the cleanser. More than anything, your best bet is to contact the company, Clearogen and ask them.

Well I dont live with him so I'm not exactly sure what he has tried. I know the last thing was Pro-Activ and he said it worked like crap for him, if anything it made it worse. I think its still too early to tell with Clearogen. I'll have him tough it out another week and see. I'll keep you guys posted and keep my fingers crossed! =)

Yeah, still going good. Fingers crossed. No new pimples today. Its been 4.5 days now. Pretty much anything that was heavily inflammed before really is healing. I just have so many damn previously inflamed blemishes though that are left. They're not really red marks, but not really pimples, just sort of what you get stuck with for weeks after a big pimple recedes. I assume these will take much longer to improve, but is so nice not seeing any new ones sneak up! My skin has been slightly less oily also, but I think its because I'm being more consistant with the fish oil pills the past few days (2.4g combined EPA+DHA). Or maybe its because the effects of good dieting are finally kickin in? I do know though things didn't really start improving until the Clearogen though.

I just hope that the BP from the Clearogen will kick start things and clear me and then the anti-DHT ingredients + fish oil + low glycemic/low inflammation foods will take over after 6 months or something and I won't have to do anything topical other than cleanse, that would be a dream.

I'm really happy for you :) And yes, those rubbish mark from big white heads take weeks to recoop from, but the good news is that since there are no new ones, you'll heal faster, and get less acne!

Also, I have read in places that in 2 months, people clear with no new zits from the fish oil if taken in the right dosages. I am almost on week 3 and I really feel a huge difference on body oil production, I am practically dry on my body!

Definitely keep up the good diet. Because even if we get clear, it won't mean we'll have healthy looking skin. You often see people who are clear but look sickly because they don't get good nutrition, just remember that :) Healthy skin is as important as clear skin.

We'll make it, hang in there.

Do me a favor? I think you should start a blog. I am starting one too in the blog section of this site. I will keep a tab on yours just link me to it when you make it. It would be great to keep checking on it!

I do want to say its seems like a few people have been taking the plunge with this product after reading this thread. I'm sure you're doing this already, but all I ask is please read the info on the clearogen website and anything else about DHT and acne you can find. Make the decision that the product makes sense to you with the ant-DHT and time-released BP, and not because a few of us are posting good results so far. Its been less than 5 days for me. Who knows, things might plateau out or get worse (I've been there before w/ other products). That said, its worth the try, we can always get our money back (but probably have to eat the shipping costs)!

Well I dont live with him so I'm not exactly sure what he has tried. I know the last thing was Pro-Activ and he said it worked like crap for him, if anything it made it worse. I think its still too early to tell with Clearogen. I'll have him tough it out another week and see. I'll keep you guys posted and keep my fingers crossed! =)

Yeah, the main thing is to tell him to go easy on it in the begining if his skin is reacting. This stuff is supposed to take over a month to see significant results anyway. Good luck!

I'm really happy for you :) And yes, those rubbish mark from big white heads take weeks to recoop from, but the good news is that since there are no new ones, you'll heal faster, and get less acne!

Also, I have read in places that in 2 months, people clear with no new zits from the fish oil if taken in the right dosages. I am almost on week 3 and I really feel a huge difference on body oil production, I am practically dry on my body!

Definitely keep up the good diet. Because even if we get clear, it won't mean we'll have healthy looking skin. You often see people who are clear but look sickly because they don't get good nutrition, just remember that :) Healthy skin is as important as clear skin.

We'll make it, hang in there.

Do me a favor? I think you should start a blog. I am starting one too in the blog section of this site. I will keep a tab on yours just link me to it when you make it. It would be great to keep checking on it!

Thanks, yeah I was thinking about starting a log here. I already feel like such a clearogen product whore updating my results like this, but I guess if it does work, its our duty to spread the word. The thing I don't understand is I think the product has to have been out for at least a year, but there hasn't been much written about it until the past month or two. Don't you already have a log or do you mean something different?

Yeah, regardless of my acne, unlike most people I actually really love this paleo diet (except for the price) primarily because of the low glycemic foods. I need less sleep and have more energy and just seem to be more upbeat even when I was going through some terrible breakout days when I went off the antibiotics. On my "open days" where I allow myself to cheat, I feel so damn tired like I have for the past 10+ years.

sebs i think it takes longer than 10 minutes to see a reduction in oil production. I noticed it big time after day 3/4. I wanna write a testimonial for the product, that is, if it keeps working and maintains result, and ultimately, CLEARS ME. hopefully ill get paid for it :P

I probably wasn't specific enough. After I cleanse my skin (before i put bp or moisturize, etc), it looks great at first but then it oils up after a few minutes. What I meant to say was that I noticed that my face oiled up more slowly than it normally did (which probably indicates that this product could work). I'm on day two now, nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I don't expect to see dramatic results for a few weeks but I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks, yeah I was thinking about starting a log here. I already feel like such a clearogen product whore updating my results like this, but I guess if it does work, its our duty to spread the word. The thing I don't understand is I think the product has to have been out for at least a year, but there hasn't been much written about it until the past month or two. Don't you already have a log or do you mean something different?

Yeah, regardless of my acne, unlike most people I actually really love this paleo diet (except for the price) primarily because of the low glycemic foods. I need less sleep and have more energy and just seem to be more upbeat even when I was going through some terrible breakout days when I went off the antibiotics. On my "open days" where I allow myself to cheat, I feel so damn tired like I have for the past 10+ years.

Yes definitely, if it works, we should spread it. I know that when, and if, I do become clear, I will still be here spreading the word about whatever works.

I had a blog, but I will start a fresh, new one, since the old one is nothing like I do now, and works less than what I do now for sure.

Yes, the paleo diet is great, in terms of what it is. I like everything wholesome, in general, and fruits as well. Very nice! The low glycemic foods really helps. I agree with you, when I do eat white rice in good amounts, or foods that translate to a insulin spike, I get very very tired fast, not a good feeling at all!

I will start a blog once I receive my shipment, contact me if you want a blog of your own.

Does Priority Overnight shipping mean it will arrive by next 1-2 days or does it still take 5-10 business days ?

Looks like mine will be here in a couple of hours

Estimated delivery

Mar 8, 2007 by 12:00 PM

So I will be starting tonight :)

Looks like mine will be here in a couple of hours

Estimated delivery

Mar 8, 2007 by 12:00 PM

So I will be starting tonight :)

Where did you get this date? I never recieved an e-mail from them and nothing has been posted on my credit card since I placed my order. I am worried something isn't right.

ash thats from the fedex online tracking system, you check your order status through the link in the email they sent u after u purchase it, and then click on the link with the tracking number.

further updates on my condition: the majority of my face is looking great, no dominating blemishes, except my chin, where the cleraogen and my extremely stubborn breakouts are fighting each other lol. But i think the cleraogen will prevail.

Im thinking about doing an exfoliation or cleansing mask tonight....hmmmmmm

I just ordered Clearogen off Folica.com (free shipping and free gift on orders $75 or more, yay!). :dance:

Hopefully it works for me! :pray:

ash thats from the fedex online tracking system, you check your order status through the link in the email they sent u after u purchase it, and then click on the link with the tracking number.

I didn't get an e-mail. Now I know something isn't right. I try to call them but the number is always busy!

I didn't get an e-mail. Now I know something isn't right. I try to call them but the number is always busy!

thats strange. I received a few emails from them. Maybe check ur junk email inbox or if u use outlook ur bulk email.

calla lily im happy ur joining the crew! did u order the whole kit or just the acne lotion?

Well, I have to give you the good with bad. So far, I've been pleased with Clearogen after almost a week. However, last night I went to bed with a pimple starting to brew above my lip (actually this is a return pimple, had one in this exact same spot before). Sorry for the gorry details but by the morning, it was a mountain of white pus which all broke while cleansing. At least its not that that inflamed as the ones I normally get around my lips. Just in time for the weekend, that's f---in' great! I think the past couple days I've been a little too sloppy with the application applying too much lotion and not gently/slowly enough.

I have to agree with danzel, I'm still the worse around my mouth and chin area, but even that is an improvement from a week ago before the clearogen. Well, I wasn't expecting a perfectly smooth ride, I just hope it will be worth it after two months.

Well I decided to jump on the clearogen bandwagon. I ordered the lotion last night. I tried making a home made version, but I decided to leave it up to the professionals. Plus I found out that I need the bp, the tea tree oil just isn't strong enough. Yeah, I wouldn't expect dramatic results right away from clearogen, I would be really surprised if it cleared you up right from the start. But I would guess you would see a good difference in a month and huge difference by 2 months.

Another day of failed delivery with Fedex... they couldn't get the address right!!! I think now it will arrive on Monday! Darn :(

Well I decided to jump on the clearogen bandwagon. I ordered the lotion last night. I tried making a home made version, but I decided to leave it up to the professionals. Plus I found out that I need the bp, the tea tree oil just isn't strong enough. Yeah, I wouldn't expect dramatic results right away from clearogen, I would be really surprised if it cleared you up right from the start. But I would guess you would see a good difference in a month and huge difference by 2 months.

Yeah, the problem with home solutions is we're really just guessing with proportions of ingredients and also probably need to add something to help everything penetrate the skin easier.

Another day of failed delivery with Fedex... they couldn't get the address right!!! I think now it will arrive on Monday! Darn :(

Damn, that sucks, is the FedEx hub near you that you can have them hold the package next time and you just pick it up?

calla lily im happy ur joining the crew! did u order the whole kit or just the acne lotion?

I bought the entire kit. Apparently it's so popular at Folica.com that it's temporarily out of stock and my order is on now backorder. Bleh!

So what kind of treatments did you all use before this? Just wondering. I was previously using DDF, but that didn't really work out (and that stuff costed me nearly $300! :evil: ); it helped a little bit, but it didn't completely clear my acne, so here I am...

Damn, that sucks, is the FedEx hub near you that you can have them hold the package next time and you just pick it up?

I might pick it up tomorrow, I am going to give them a call and see if that's possible or if they can deliver it for me on monday...