Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xero

Xero's 2007 Log

Hey guys,

I've decided to start a new log, as it's a new year. I have a new goal: acne-free and scar-free by the Summer. Why? I have a trip to France and Denmark to see my relatives, outside of my immediate family - who I haven't seen in years. I just can't show up scarred and full of acne. My acne has been okay during the time I didn't post. Since then, I've realized B5 is the only thing that works for my skin. However, my parents don't allow me to use it.

I just scheduled an appointment with my hospital for tommorow. I'm hoping to get prescribed Tazorac, as it seems a good option for both my acne and scars. Currently, I'm taking 5 pills of B5 a day. I only have one box of it left, and I won't be able to get any more.

Okay, I wasn't able to get to my appointment. They said I needed to bring my files and things from my old hospital..

I got my parents to allow me to use B5. That's a pretty big step forward. I might be deciding use my Retin-A. I have a couple of tubes.

I've started using Retin-A nightly. I broke out a little yesterday, because of Retin-A. I used Clindamycin to combat it a bit.

Since I'm running out of Clindamycin, I looked into OTC products. I just went to Walgreen's a couple minutes ago to pick up a product that looked interesting to me. I'm planning to use it in the afternoon, as it contains Sulfur; The ingredient in Proactiv Refining Mask, my pimple-zapper.

:dance: I really like this Clearasil product. It's tinted, so I thought it'd be awful since my skin color is completely different; but it looks fantastic! After you rub it in, the color blends with your skin - it's great as a foundation, but the product is tiny. It conceals blemishes to a pretty good extent. Overall, this is the best topical I've ever used!

My skin is looking great today. My scars are less visible - I don't know if that is because I used Bio-Oil or if it is because I just started using Retin-A. My body acne is also clearing up, probably due to B5.

:dance: I really like this Clearasil product. It's tinted, so I thought it'd be awful since my skin color is completely different; but it looks fantastic! After you rub it in, the color blends with your skin - it's great as a foundation, but the product is tiny. It conceals blemishes to a pretty good extent. Overall, this is the best topical I've ever used!

My skin is looking great today. My scars are less visible - I don't know if that is because I used Bio-Oil or if it is because I just started using Retin-A. My body acne is also clearing up, probably due to B5.

You should definitely try B5. It's the only thing that's cleared up my acne.

I have a couple painful bumps today...damn Retin-A. I put a glob of Clearasil on it. My skin is looking somewhat better. It looks like Retin-A is filling in my scars.

I'm wondering whether or not I should use apple cider vinegar. A lot of people have said they had good results with it. Honestly, I'm really confused. Retin-A has to be used long-term..I don't know if I should stop it to use this.

I'm going to think it over...Maybe I will start using it after 3 months of using Retin-A...if Retin-A doesn't get rid of my scars.

I've decided to start the ACV method. Hopefully, I'll buy it tommorow. I'll use it in the afternoon...I think. Retin-A will be applied at night.

Day 4 of ACV

Scars look different. I'm not sure if it's for the better, but the scars have changed in appearance.

Day 8 of ACV

I think I'm starting to see results. People have commented on how my scars are fading.

I'm running out of B5. I don't even have enough for tommorow. I have to lower my dosage until my shipment of Pantethine comes in. I've read that Pantethine is more effective than B5 and you don't have to take as much.

Day 14 of ACV

My scars look better, but not that much. I don't notice a big difference from Day 8.

My Pantethine pills arrived. I'm thrilled that I only have to take two pills a day, although it is recommended to take three. I'm trying to tan my skin to help conceal flaws, as pale skin shows it all.

Day 25 of ACV

My forehead (the only treatment area - known to not EVER peel) is starting to peel the slightest bit. It looks like my scars are becoming more superficial. Hopefully in some months, my scars will be completely gone.