Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

Your view VS others? :/

Guest agentx

Hey i was just wondering ... that most of the people are worried to death about thier scarring / skin condition even if most of the other people with clear skin hardly notice it. They seem to think its just not perfect while WE think its bad as hell...

how do we REALLY know how bad our scarring etc is.

Like in my case, my friends sometimes make jokes about my skin, but then i think if the ARE joking about it ... it couldnt be THAT bad right? cuz if it was that bad ... they are good friends and they wont be joking about it would they?

Makes sense anyone? lol

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

No doubt- my scarring IS bad. I think only probably two or three people here (whose picture i've seen) have worse scaring that I do, not to say that they look worse as a person. I'm just comparing scars.

For sure we're too hard on ourself. Hopefully without sounding too conceited, I don't think I look bad or ugly at all, although I do think I can look better with clear skin. As for me I have other things to worry about, sometimes not tall enough, or not being a certain race for where I live (not that there's anything wrong with mine), etc...you name it.

I can handle a little joke here and there, but after a while, I don't like it. My friends for 12 years + joke about EVERYTHING, but there's something about putting down each other based on certain insecurities, that's off limits.

Guest agentx

hhaah yea obi ... there always is a limit. Like a few days back ... some 20 friends were sitting talking at someone`s house. and this friend of mine ... who i just know from a month back comes in. And meets everyone and when he comes to meet me ... he says somethin like " WHO INVITED THIS PERSON" ...

Dunno why but i took it so bad that i stood up ... gave him a punch and left the party.

Afterwards i went to say sorry, he only meant it as a joke but i felt like everyone else in the room was beautiful and he came in and picked me as the ugly duckling and started picking on me. I just felt like shit.

I dunno why but my self confidence is like 1 out of 100 right now. Duno how to fix that up. Even though my skin is like 90% better then 6 months ago.

DAMN this beauty thing. sad.gif

Even when my friends are joking ... i feel as if i AM ugly and they really ARE telling the truth. But then i think if I call someone who`s allright ugly, he`ll just laugh cuz he knows its a joke.

baH!

maybe your friends arent joking they are just assholes. 99% of the time its true. think about it. would you date a fat girl? a really fat ugly beast. no. so we are assholes too. we just think we arent shallow

It is hard to know how much people do or don't notice acne and scars. I defintely notice...but then as a past acne sufferer I am pretty attuned to skin really.

But the honest truth is that I don't often connect acne with ugliness. I suppose I see 2 major types of ugliness...the most common > the ugly person...the mean, cruel person whose physical looks get overwritten by their unkind nature...far less common the "ugly" face...assymetry, odd bone structure etc etc. Most people are pretty good looking in the scheme of things, particularly with dental work and medical care, acne or no acne.

AgentX...confidence is easy to errode and hard to build up. It takes time, a leap of faith and a lot of social immersion. wink.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow- AgentX- Sorry for bad experience, but I'm sorry to say, you gotta try not to resort to punching him too though...I've been in WORSE situation that that but usually I manage to just shrug it off.

I personally think there's no such thing as people NOT noticing your scars. The real question is should it MATTER to them or us?

Although I could *never* mock them seeing someone with severe acne is gross to me. And I've been through that.

As for scars they always detract from someone's appearance especially women but I don't think they're that big of a deal unless they're rolling and deep.

I don't know about you guys, but I would probably rather date a pretty girl with acne than a pretty girl without. Sounds kind of wierd, and hey it is, but it just gives me something to connect with more. I don't want like severe cystic, but some mild acne wouldn't bother me at all.

Guest agentx

lol @ Add color ehehe .... clearing well i`d like to add any color other then dark red :-k

You know what bothers me... Alot of people say I'm handsome or whatever but I can't see it.. I wish I could see what they're seeing because my honest opinion.... I think I am butt ugly. Oh well.... at least other people get a kick out of seeing me.