Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

z52267901.jpg

z52267742.jpg

z66302649.jpg

(You can really see anything in the last picture, but that one was fairly large as well and in the first two I had just got done picking at it so it's a bit swollen.)

My acne is generally mild (while I'm using proactiv :confused: ) except I get these huge painful pimples, as seen above. Usually on my chin, nose or forehead. Most of the time I have at least one. I'm using Proactiv now which seems to keep my acne under control for the most part (I'm sure everyone knows that proactivs not all its cracked up to be, but for now it's all i've got) Prooactiv, however doens't stop this type of pimple at all. So what I'm asking is, 1. Is this Cystic Acne? and 2. Could a Derm do anything for it? and 3. Would a Derm be able to give me Accutane (sp? sorry) for this type of thing? oh and if so, what are the side effects of Acctutane, I always hear people saying the side effects for it are awful.

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Uh, I suggest no. Accutane is for like if you have hundreds of Cysts (huge, hurt like hell, pimps). You I would reccomend Acnefree, or if you like proactiv stay on it.

Uh, I suggest no. Accutane is for like if you have hundreds of Cysts (huge, hurt like hell, pimps). You I would reccomend Acnefree, or if you like proactiv stay on it.

The proactiv obviously isn't working. So thats out.

See a derm and give a topical retinoid like Differin a try. Since Proactiv does help you to some extent, you might also want to ask for Duac which is a great combo product - topical antibiotic and BP combo. If you get topicals, start real slow with your application frequency to avoid irritation. Your derm could also inject cysts to reduce the inflammation, although there is a risk it leave an indentation. I wouldn't consider you an Accutane candidate based on my personal view of risk/reward for mild cases, but some derms are very liberal and would prescribe for you.

Hello!

My acne was just like yours and I suffered from big swellings like that all the time.

I went on B5 and it got rid of them.

Also, I used BP on them and it dried them right up.

www.b5clearskin.com

Oxy on the spot

Those 2 items cleared my face in 6 months.

Accutane should be a last resort. Your acne is mild, i would love to have skin like yours! I agree that differin would be good for you. I used to have terrible cystic acne and also have very sensitive skin, differin really helped, now I rarely ever get cysts. you can get it from a derm or the doctor.

One thing might be to stop picking at them, for sure! I know it's incredibly hard not to especially when we get the idea in our heads that if we could just get that pus out, something positive would happen...but yeah...don't pick would be one thing.

I know this may not sound genuine to you, but right now your acne is not bad . Just keep using products and soap / cleansers and you'll notice your face will progressively get worse.

Did you have the big ones before using bp? If not, then stop using BP right away. Picking also makes the cysts worse.

I'd suggest stop using soap, use water only (it will feel gross at first because your not used to it , but eventually your face will feel great , not dry or oily).

I'd also suggest getting some SLS free toothpaste (or toothpowder) and some SLS free shampoo just to rule out if its the shampoo or toothpaste that are causing your breakouts. Or, you could use the NO POO method of washing your hair. There is a whole website devoted to it. SLS and detergents and frangrances can cause acne.

Good LUck to you.