Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zerothyme

Cystic acne

I have a combo of big hard zits that sometimes stay on my face for months and little tiny white ones that lay dormant ready to turn into a big ugly monster. Does the Regimine help those? And, what's with those big hard zits that lurk forever and don't always come to a head? It's only on my chin for 20 years now and for some reason, I got one on my cheek and my forehead. I'm so paranoid that it means my face will be overrun with acne. NOTHING helps my acne and I get very very depressed. I actually haven't made much of my life because I'm always waiting for the acne to go away first. My family and friends are tired of me being upset over it and think I should just accept the acne and somehow go on. I don't know how to do that. Does anyone know how to?

Hi and welcome!

Those sound like nodules or cysts.

I think your best bet is to see a dermatologist. Have you ever been to one?

What all have you tried in the past? What are you currently using?

You can certainly try Dan's regimen if you want to, and see if it helps. It works best on mild to moderate acne, although we have had some people with more severe acne get good results over time with it.

But honestly, it sounds like a derm might be your best option right now.

Hi Brandy and thank you for your response. I've been seeing a dermatologist for 3 years and I tried v bean, antibiotics, retin-a, azelaic acid, ClindaMax lotion, Duac......everything. Years ago I was on Accutane but my insurance ran out so I was only on it for a month and a half. My acne is cystic only on my chin but like I said, my forehead and cheek got attacked last week. I am currently getting chemical peels every 3 weeks. I've had 3 mild to agressive superficial peels with ok results. I guess it takes time? I'm also exp[erimenting with Spironolactone, an anti-androgen, to block testosterone that may be responsible for producing excess oil but I'm only on a miniscule dose. I had to plead with my doctor to allow me to try the drug and I'm going in this week to have my blood tested for the green light to try a higher dose. I hope this is the answer because I'm sinking worse into depression than I ever have. My skin seems to be worse than I can remember. How is it possible that there is no way to control this? I don't have insurance and my Doctor has told me he withheld info about Spironolactone because he didn't think I could afford it. The blood test was under $100 and the script itself is $13. I wonder if there are other treatments that I'm not being told about. I will try the Regimine but please tell me now if it's just a waste of time, I don't think I have anymore time to waste. My skin is being assaulted and permanantly ruined. Thank you.

oh you poor thing, I feel for you. It sounds like you've been through alot.

I don't think the regimen would be a waste of time, but it may take you longer to see results than those with milder acne.

Read through the success stories and check out the gallery pics and see what you think.

Success stories: http://www.acne.org/success.php

DKR gallery: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=87691 I want you to look at "Celebration". She had what I would call severe acne when she began the regimen. It took her many months but she got it under control with Dan's regimen.

i know exactly how you feel zerothyme..I used to constantly get cystic acne on my chin also before the regimen.. Definately give Dan's regimen a try. I started Dan's regimen again in Feb 06 and it cleared me up quick but on my 4th month or so, I broke out with 9 cystic acne at the same time. 5 of them were on my chin. i was so depressed cuz my chin looked deformed.. well i cleared up about a month later and have been 100% clear since. I have not had any cystic acne since then.. Give Dan's regimen a chance for a few months. My advice is definately follow the regimen exactly as it was designed. That means stay away from those chemical peels and all. Just 3 simples steps daily. Trust me. It's worth it.

i know exactly how you feel zerothyme..I used to constantly get cystic acne on my chin also before the regimen.. Definately give Dan's regimen a try. I started Dan's regimen again in Feb 06 and it cleared me up quick but on my 4th month or so, I broke out with 9 cystic acne at the same time. 5 of them were on my chin. i was so depressed cuz my chin looked deformed.. well i cleared up about a month later and have been 100% clear since. I have not had any cystic acne since then.. Give Dan's regimen a chance for a few months. My advice is definately follow the regimen exactly as it was designed. That means stay away from those chemical peels and all. Just 3 simples steps daily. Trust me. It's worth it.

^ yea, even peels can be a source of irritation.

If you are going to go with the Regimen, don't add in any other factors, like peels and such, until you are clear from active acne. Peels aren't generally effective on active acne anyway. Let's see if we can get your acne cleared first, then you can worry about the scars later.

Good luck and do keep us posted on your progress!

oh you poor thing, I feel for you. It sounds like you've been through alot.

I don't think the regimen would be a waste of time, but it may take you longer to see results than those with milder acne.

Read through the success stories and check out the gallery pics and see what you think.

Success stories: http://www.acne.org/success.php

DKR gallery: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=87691 I want you to look at "Celebration". She had what I would call severe acne when she began the regimen. It took her many months but she got it under control with Dan's regimen.

If you are going to go with the Regimen, don't add in any other factors, like peels and such, until you are clear from active acne. Peels aren't generally effective on active acne anyway. Let's see if we can get your acne cleared first, then you can worry about the scars later.

Hi,

If you need product recommendations, let us know where you live and we can recommend brands that you can find locally.

Thanks, I'm gonna cancel the appointment.....a BIG step for me. I'll keep you posted.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily cancel it. Was the appointment just to get a peel? Or was the derm going to assess your skin and give you recommendations? That might be useful. If you go ahead with the peel, wait a few days to start the Regimen. Let your skin heal from the peeling before you go full steam ahead with the regimen.

your welcome....

well there are alot of variations of dan's regimen, but I just do the one dan designed.

1. gentle cleanser

2. Dan's bp gel (best one)

3. moisterize

that's all I do. no need to add anything else but definatley do what Brandy suggests. she knows her stuff..

BTW..Brandy..kept up the good work.

Thanks, I'm gonna cancel the appointment.....a BIG step for me. I'll keep you posted.

That's up to you. Peels usually aren't for active acne, but for helping with red marks and scars. The choice is yours really.

Just wait a few days after the peel to start the Regimen. If you forego the peel, you can go ahead and continue on with the Regimen.