Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stoked

Prescrip. Med journal

Ok so here's the deal. By the way, Im a guy- 18 years of age in college. So I've been on Retin-A,Clindamycin(Sp?), and Minocycline for a couple months now. At one point about 8 months ago, my acne was at a moderate stage with breakouts occuring regularly. Anyway. when i went to see my doctor she put me back on minocycline twice a day.(as i was off of it at that time). It really helped as i went from moderate acne w/ some scars to a clear face with minimal scars as of lately. However last time i went to get my prescription filled i noticed they had reduced my minocycline prescription to only once a day.(without even informing me evil.gif ). so i didnt really see a change in my skin with the minocycline reduction alothough it seemed to smooth out my skin and reduce some of the old scars.

so anyway within the last week ive had one of the worst breakouts of my life. i had 0 pimples on my left cheek and forehead, like 2 on my chin, and about 3 or 4 on my right cheek. so anyway throughout the whole week pimples have been forming again. and in my case i dont get just those small little whiteheads. i get the ones you cant let go. those large ones where you know other people can see them from 10 feet away. i even get cystic ones in many cases. so anyway as of right now i have 2 large popped and red pimples on my left cheek. the same 1 i had on my chin + a new one that i applied a load of retin a to and seem to be healing quite nicely. but oh boy,the right side is horrible. i have about 10 pimples on the right side. the arent whiteheads either. they are just red blotches, that seem to cant decide between turning into a cyst or not. i did run out of mino. but luckily i can refill it tomorrow, hopefully back to twice a day.

My regimen now is :

Morning

1.)shower

2.)clindamycin all over face

3.) Minocycline pill

Night

1.)Shower

2.) Retin-A all over

i also try to drink lots of water which i noticed makes my skin look smoother and less irratated. I know the problem may be the reduction of minocycline down to once a day, but i did see a improvement even on one-a -day. anyway i feel so much better when i can vent my frustrations to people who know what im going through. ill try to keep you guys updated on the progress. i might even take pictures, so I.m. me if you are interested. Laterz

damnit!! will it ever enddd??!!!!! wow so today i woke up and first thing i went to the mirror. left side looked better. the two pimples i had popped seemed to reduce to just little red blotches.chin had one tiny whitehead that i easily took care of and it is hardly even noticeable now. but OMG, the right side sad.gif two rather large pimples that seemed to have been dormant over the past couple days all of a sudden had large white heads on them. so i got a shower, pulled out the trusty needle, and popped those bitches. but damn they are just sooo red. theres just right there in the middle of my right cheek. i dont even want to go to my two classes today because im so embarassed, but i have to becasue i have a test in one of them. but anyway after getting out of the shower i also noticed my skin was flaky all over. so i put on some clindamycin, which i usually do, and i will procede to put on mosturizer if its still all flaky. Man i really feel down. I also found out im going to go see my mom's side of the family over christmas holidays. I havent seen them in 4 years, and the last time they saw me i had a perfect complexion. Man, everyone in that family has great skin, and here come's me with like 15 big red spots on my face. I'm not even looking forward to it at all, which is a first cause they are a fun group.

on a positive note, i can refill my minocycline prescription today, so hopefully over the thanksgiving break it can work on my face.

It also came across my mind today that since i'm getting my mino. prescription filled today that i am going to run out on Christmas day exactly. THAT IS ONLY GONNA BE HALFWAY THROUGH MY VISIT! shock.gif Plus everyones gonna be taking pictures and shit, it's gonna be horrible. So if anybody out there has any advice as to how to keep pimples at bay for at least three days, please tell me. i'm thinking of taking along some Nuetrogena-On-The-Spot stuff cuz that usually seems to work, but since i'm on retin-a and clindamycin it will only be detrimental.

Also does anybody know any solutions to help fade old red marks. not neccisarily scars, but like those red blotches you get after a pimple that arent very noticeable but they hang around forever and still give you an uneven skin tone. preferabbly some OTC or home remedies. thanks and please let me know of any ideas

by the way, i'll try to have pics sometime within the next week. i might post them or i might just have people I.M. me if the want to see. i am quite the handsome man ladies wink.gif i currently do have a before pic from about 2 weeks ago. My screen name is in my profile

Day 5

Alright so it's thanksgiving, two days since my last post i believe. anyway i'm feeling a little better about my face. my left side has cleared up a little, and i dont have any new pimples, just a few old red spots that will fade in time. chin is ok, but i do have the smallest of whiteheads right under my nose, but im not worried about it. right side has also cleared a little, but i have 2 whiteheads. they're not large or anything and since im on a 5 day break from school, im just gonna let them go and just put the retin-a on em' like usual. hopefully without popping them they'll go away quickly and wont be a problem when school starts again.

Day 8

So it's sunday. Havent updated in three days because my skins been steadily improving. 2 new zits in the past 3 days and they are both small. 1 popped while taking a shower, and the other is getting smaller and smaller after i put retin-a on it. if only there was a way to get rid of the damn red scars. I definetly think having a stress-free 5 day break helped alot. stress is a bitch for my acne. i'm sure that it is the main cause of it, because when i dont have stree for a while my skin clears up nicely. anyway with school starting back tomorrow, i'm sure ill break out some more. especailly with finals ocming up, my face will go crazy but ahh we'll see.

If anybody has advice on how to fade scars, i would really appreciate it.

i do things almost the same way you do it. Shower in the morning, minocyline, and clindamycin, only i apply it in the evening. I try drinking lots of water too, which seems to help me a bit to, but not all that much. How much mg of mino you take each day? i take 50 now, i had 100, and i fell back a little but the docter said it was better this way..dont see how but guess he'll know....

good luck with getting clear!!

yeah im on 100 mg now, but my face has dramatically improved over the last week for some odd reason which i can only point to the mino as the cause. now i'm just left with those blasted scars.

reason doctors dont like you on a lot on mino is it builds up toxins in your blood that over time can hurt you liver and some other shit that i dont remember....or at least thats what my old derm told me.

i just get frustrated to hear that people pop their pimples cause when i stopped doing that i have like no new red marks and i discover whatever whitehead ro zit was there will dissappeare within a day or 2 if u stay with the regimen or ur regimen and dont touch ur face

yeah actually here's a quick update.

haven't been picking at any of the pimples i had and they all dissapeared pretty fast! i only have one active pimple on my entire face! even my skin has seemed to smooth out a little. i have noticed some peeling along the jaw line and under the nose, but i can take care of that with some moistureizer. very happy so far with face. if only i could get rid of the damn red scars!! there not that bad really, just aggravating.

i have a link to a picture, in case you guys want it, but i dont really feel comfortable posting it here. so i.m. me if are interested. [email protected]

anyway thats about it for now. i think the winter weather is helping because your skin dries out but i dont know.

My situation is not the worsest but still.. I think in my case it is about confidence and stresses.Ones somebody peast me off i ran to the mirror and here we go... One month ago i get my 2 mikrodermabr. I was happy becose sudden everithink dissapear for 2 week, after it start litlle by litlle upear not realy showing bumps on my forehead, i try my self do not tuch it. And i tryed tretinoin, that i have from my last appointment from derm.Now i am for 2.5 weak on it. It is too much for my skin. Tomorrow i get againe an appointment for mikrodermabr. Dont know how i am gona survave that one but i am so piest off, insted go arrownd and just be happy person i seat here and drive my self crasy, check neurotikaly every 5 min on the mirror if it is gone..I have it alredy for 7-8 years. It i s terrible. I think that beside dermatolog i need a psyhiatrist alredy.

all right, i dont know how long it's been since my last post, but here's an update.

Skin is doing pretty well. i havent gotten any new pimples except for one at the very bottom of my chin which is in a wierd spot, but anyway im not going to pop it or anything. hopefully by just applying creams it will go away soon. overall i'd say my skin is beggining to look smoother again, like it was during the summer. it is less than two weeks till i leave up north to see the family for the holidays so i'm on a mission to have my face as good as possible by then. ive got finals this week, so i'm sure i'll break out some from the stress, but oh well. next week should be relatively stress free and give me the chane to make some improvements. I'm also going to hunt around on the scar treatments forum because i really wanna get rid of some of these old scars i have. i hear this lemon thing works pretty well, so i might try that. basically, the scars are the only thing holding my face back right now. and they are by no means bad, hell you cant even notice them, unless your like 12 inches from my face, but once their gone i'll feel relieved.i'm in the process of finding a good image hosting site, and once i do i'll have some pictures up.

yep just as i figured. someone hand me a gun! damnit two days ago my face was doing awesome. i had only 1 pimple on my entire face, and my scars were seeming to fade away. now after 2 stressful days, my face looks like a pimple factory. the left side and my forehead are still good as they usually are. the right side however is fucking crazy. i got like 5 pimples on it and their all big and red, almost cystic if you ask me, but i dont want to pop them. i also have one down at the corner of my mouth that i popped cuz it was annoying. and i still have one at the very bottom of my chin that im resisting to touch, but that one seems to be going away, so i'm not as worried about it. but god damnit the right side sucks. its all due to stress too, i know it. i have a week and a half to have a clearer face for the family during the holidays and i'll probably be barely getting rid of these by then. argggghhhhhhh

k so it's saturday and im holed up in my house thanks to a giant 2 headed pimple down on the right corner of my mouth. the other couple pimples i mentioned in my last post seemed to have calmed down, although there are still red marks from where they were at. i also got a small whitehead down on the left side of my chin, but i'm not gonna touch it since it'll pop when i shave tonight. i popped that huge mouth pimple twice already today! it just keeps filling up with that white shit. i know i shouldnt be popping pimples, and i really have calmed down doing it recently. now that all that stress from finals week is over i can relax, which in turn should help with my skin. a week from now until i leave for x-mas trip, so my skin better get better. [-o<

damn so it's been a while since i last updated my log. Well i had a pretty bad breakout since my last post. During my trip up to PA to see my family, i broke out in like 5 cystic pimples 1 on each corner of my mouth 1 on my lower left side of chin and 2 smaller ones on each cheek. Well this made my holidays in front of my family a big emotional mess cause i was so worried about my face.

Anyway it was really cold and windy during my vacation and my skin started to really dry up and peel, so i figured a large cause of my breakouts were the windburn and irritation of the cold with the retin-a(which by the way im on the gel now instead of the cream).So i decided to pick up a bottle of the Dermasil Severe Dry skin moistureizer while i was up there to help get my skin to a healthy state. So heres what my current regimen is

Morning:

1.)Clindamycin

2.)Dermacil Moisturizer

Night:

1.)Dermacil Moisturizer

2.) Retin-A gel

3.)Minocycline 100mg

I tried putting the moisturizer on after the retin-a the first night and found out that doesnt work too well as the moisturizer doesnt really absorb well follwing a retin-a application. So now i put that on first at night and then follow up with the rest of the stuff. I am also going to try and moisturize throughout the day since i'm on my holiday break and have the oppurtunity to do so.

Since starting with the moisturizer i have noticed i dont break out as frequently as i used to. Where as i used to get maybe 1-2 small whiteheads a week i now have only gotten 1 small whitehead on my left cheek since starting the dermacil moisturizer, which was last monday night i believe. I ate alot of sugar, dairy, and fatty stuff over the last week and i had run out my my minocycline pills on chirstmas eve so i kinda figured i'd get a new pimple anyway. I had gotten those refilled yesterday so i should be ready to make slight improvements But i think it's safe to say moisturizing can't hurt so i will keep it up until the cold, dry weather is over. I also recharged the batteries in my digital camera so i will have pics up within the next few days i promise.(they will be rather large as still havent figured out how to resize pictures yet)