Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kodybanks

Is it supposed to get this bad?

I've had really mild acne for awile now, and I thought I'd try the regimen. I'm currently using the Purpose Bar, Neutrogena BP, and Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizer. It's been about 4 days (on the regimen) and I went from having a few pimples to absolutely pimple explosion. My entire forehead is absolutely covered in acne (few whiteheads) and my cheeks and chin are getting worse. Is this normal? If so, what's causing it and how long will it last? My complexion wasn't really that bad before the regimen, and now it's horrible. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...or even an explanation. I hope this is only part of the process, but I need to know if something isn't right so I can stop immediately. Thanks.

i can only assume its normal, why? the bp brings the dirt, oils, blackheads and bacteria to the surface of the skin; ive noticed this when i applied bp to my nose area. i have to say it was great when i saw all the black heads come to the surface, i could literally wipe them off with a towel.

keep applying the bp cream to flush out all the crap from under the skin. i would suggest adding a blob of bp on the pimple itself before you go to sleep.

if things get worse, read Dan's popping techinques.

I'm happy to say that my forehead is looking much better, and my face is clearing up a little bit. Still a few little blackheads, but most of them are fading away. My skin also looks much better than it did before I started the regimen. I haven't really experienced the excessive drying and cracking that most people have talked about, and I'm praying that I don't. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Make sure you give the regimen a fair chance. Atleast a month. It does sound like it was just bringing up all of what would eventually come to the surface anyway. Even if you are not drying out, I would still recommend using atleast a moisturizer or sunscreen with moisturizer, because we are in the winter months and that is hard enough on our skin and even though it is winter, you still need the sunscreen because bp does make you more sun sensitive. Just don't give up yet.

the bring to surface is the nice way of putting it.

in reality

the bp does this at first because it irritates your skin

and your skin responds by excreting more oil and that pushes it out the blackheads and um.. the whiteheads .. well. u get te picture..

hey, tapatio? given that hundreds of people have written thanking dan about how the regimen has really helped them get clear of acne, and given the fact that some people who thought they would never be clear and had given up hope managed to get clear using this "skin torture" what would you advise for helping acne?

kodybanks, my daughter started the regemin in mid-July, with fairly bad acne, (considering accutane) and a week later her face was MUCH worse. It was so sad. But she kept with it, and a week after that there was noticable improvement. Now she just has a few blemishes, that clear up quickly. The regimen has truely been a miracle. (thanks Dan...)

I would suggest keeping a "photo diary" so you can see your progress. We took weekly pictures and it is good to be able to look back at how bad it really was, when she starts to break out now. Her face is SO much clearer and smoother now.

If only we could get rid of the red spots...