Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

Phenol Peel

Is there any1 on this site ever had a phenol peel done?

A phenol peel is the deepest peel you can have done.

Sam -

Be very careful of this type of treatment. My understanding is that it can leave you with severe permanent hypopigmentation. I would try other methods such as subscision, fillers, excisions, etc. first. Phenol peels are very severe forms of treatment.

Dan

It's a little bit outdated....google it extensively. Most sites explain that many patients will never have a normal skin colour again and that they will have to stay out of the sun forever...look into something like fraxel.

Sam, look in the "EXODERM" threads, which is just a fancy name for a phenol peel. There are mostly negative stories, but someone posted last month that WITH SILICONE injections he liked the outcome. Apparently the doctor "overcorrected" during his procedure causing several dents & then used silicone to fix it. I'd be pissed about that, but whatever.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I had this done a little over a year ago - an exoderm with chemabrasion - and cannot tell any difference. The two people who did it at the same time as I are much worse off.

If you decide to go this route, make sure you have the abrasion part as the second step or it's just a deep acid peel. The abrasion is supposed to knock out the scars & the peel takes care of wrinkles, etc. Permanent pigment problems can occur and so can additonal scarring.

Phenol is very strong stuff. I remember that it was used on me while I was having an ingrown nail removed to kill the nail matrix cells!