Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline / Tetralysal 300

MemberMember
(@user21768)

Posted : 01/13/2007 7:56 pm

I've recently starting taking these antibiotics, 3 weeks in so far and some improvement. No side effects. I'm taking one or two tablets a day (each tablet is 408mg) before I go to bed.

I thought it'd be interesting to share a discussion with other people taking it.

What dose are you on?

How long have you been on the course?

Any side effects?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/15/2007 5:01 pm

I've used it several times... treatment takes about 3 months. Then you pause for one month. Do another 3 months. And so on... its good to use with benoylperoxide or azelaic acid or differin at same time... Limecycline was great for me, but the first time i used it it took about 2.5 months before all the cysts were gone...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/18/2007 5:56 am

[i have been taking it for about 3-4 days really worried because i just want them to go but o well. does anyone no if they will go competelly and who discribed you to them because i had to see a dermitoylgist

MemberMember
(@user21768)

Posted : 01/18/2007 12:27 pm

[i have been taking it for about 3-4 days really worried because i just want them to go but o well. does anyone no if they will go competelly and who discribed you to them because i had to see a dermitoylgist

You need to give it about a month to see that its really starting to do its job. My skin seems to be improving every day with it almost now. I took 2 tablets a day for a week and that seemed to speed up the process.

MemberMember
(@olliekl)

Posted : 02/29/2008 10:32 am

hello everyone

Been on doxycycline for 2months, it took a lot of the redness away quickly and the acne reduced. The lumps which i had under the skin has all gone, its nearly all smooth. Went to my doc today, he gave me lymecycline for 2 months. Im hoping this will do the trick.

For doxy to work, it takes about 4 weeks to start working, i would say 5-6 weeks you start to see your skin change, not as red, less breakouts, breakouts may last longer, bad breakouts now and then, it happends.

Give me your views on "lymecycline" and is it stronger than doxy?

Thanks

--------------------

Let's fight it together.

MemberMember
(@user21768)

Posted : 03/11/2008 3:55 pm

I stopped taking Lymecycline a long time ago, and i've been taking doxycycline for the past 3 months, it is much better.

Lymecycline has to be taken on an empty stomach so it never really got going for me, wheras doxycycline can be taken with food. Why did your doctor take you off doxycycline?!!

On a side note, Lymecycline has this horrible yellow powder inside the capsules.. I cut one open into the sink and the smell was terrible. I wouldn't like that in body tbh.

MemberMember
(@rj_14)

Posted : 03/16/2008 6:09 am

Im on 408mg, one pill a day.

Ive been on it for 4 months, but my derm has prescribed it for another 3 . Personally I think he is just putting off Roaccutane (For the second time) as the lymecycline is basically holding my acne at bay. I dont actually have that much spots but Roaccutane was the only thing that has actually cleared me; at least for a while. Lymecycline, Minocin etc dont seem to work.

No side affects for me, just dry skin in the morning after a night of PanOxyl

MemberMember
(@charl)

Posted : 03/16/2008 7:11 am

Just a warning to you all, I was on lymecycline on and off for about 18 months. It worked really well on my acne when I was on it, but taking antibiotics for that long completely killed off all my friendly bacteria in my gut. I ended up with resistant bacteria and fungi growing in their place which spread up into my stomach and into my blood and was really ill. I had to stop the lymecyline and take antifungals for 6 months just to get healthy again!

MemberMember
(@glinky)

Posted : 11/06/2008 12:45 pm

Hi,

I've been on Lymecycline since January with no side effects. My skin has cleared up completely. My doctor has renewed each prescription and not asked to see me so I have continued to take the medicine. After nine years of problem skin (I'm in my late 30s - it happened very late for me!) I'm reluctant to give them up but am aware that long term use might not be the most sensible thing.

Should I continue or consider stopping them at least for a period of time?

I am away for four weeks soon and my current prescription will run out while I'm gone. I wondered whether to see what happens. Is this wise?

Welcome any thoughts.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@thechangingman)

Posted : 11/06/2008 4:02 pm

It's a quandary glinky, I'd advise renewing the prescrip before you go away though as stopping completely overnight will likely cause a big flare up.

It's been suggested that slowly reducing dosage/frequency is the best way to come off antibiotics without a breakout but there's still no guarantee the acne wont come back. If you worried about 'good' bacteria there are certain pro-biotic yogurt drinks which are said to help.

MemberMember
(@aknimegaz)

Posted : 11/18/2008 7:51 pm

I've just been put on these, along with Differin cream. I was on 70mg of 'Tane until June and it TRULY worked but on finishing my 6 month course, some redness/irritation returned (though no cysts, and the yellowheads seem to die before they develop, leaving me scabby but free of pustules...!)

The Differin cream is shat - I tried it for three days, and started getting painful swellings the like I have not witnessed since my pre-Tane days. To completely confirm my fears, I stopped applying it for a bit (suffering no swellings, just dry flakiness) then tried it again and - hey presto - the swellings begin again. :(

So, no more Differin for me.

What I'm finding with the Lymocycline (408mg once a day since last Friday) is that they wage a heavy war on my stomach. I feel horrible stomach churns pretty much all the time, like grease-coated plastic windmills in my gut, and I - without wishing to get too graphic - shit about 4-6 times a day.

I'm just hoping this gastric side effect gradually dwindles as I keep on taking them (I'm on a three-month course, btw).

But, yeah, apart from that, I'm at least 60% better than I was pre-Tane. Red-faced but lumpy no more. :)

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 11/22/2008 8:38 am

Hi all,

I've been on it for about a month now. I've done everything under the sun till date and have decided to go back on antibiotics coz the cysts re-appeared and i'm too scared to go on my third accutane round...... . it's really frustrating, now my acne has spread to places i didn't used to get before, like my temples. i'm literally covered. it's awful. they are red and big and quite painful!

*sigh* when's it going to end.

oh, i also had to stop taking diane 35, coz I developed a lump...which I will be going to get checked again soon.

wow, sorry for the long rant there!! as i said, i've been taking it for a month now, and so far, not much change. I guess I have to wait another month. The derm put me on it for 3 months. After which I am SURE it's going to come back with a vengeance, as that's what happens with antibiotics usually. F'ing acne!!

Anyway, wish you guys good luck with it!!

MemberMember
(@bulldog09)

Posted : 12/26/2008 8:30 am

I've recently starting taking these antibiotics, 3 weeks in so far and some improvement. No side effects. I'm taking one or two tablets a day (each tablet is 408mg) before I go to bed.

I thought it'd be interesting to share a discussion with other people taking it.

What dose are you on?

How long have you been on the course?

Any side effects?

i have also started on these tablets about a week ago, so far i cant say theyve been effective. I got told to only take one a day as my acne is relitivaly mild, but i think im gonna start using two lol. Im also on panoxyl 2.5, i dunno about this, it does get rid of spots, but laves my skin VERY dry, and leaves reddish makrs behind, sometimes i think i would prefer having the spots!

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 12/26/2008 1:20 pm

i dont want to get your hopes down guys, but for me i was on them for 3 months and it didnt do a thing :( I quit them today

MemberMember
(@pinky23)

Posted : 01/29/2009 1:20 pm

I have been on Lymecycline (408 mg once a day) for about 5 months. I found it started having a positive effect on my cystic acne after about 2 months. (I really thought it wasnt working and almost gave up hope)

I think its great stuff, my skin is kept under control and everyone i work with can't believe how much my skin has cleared up!

Unlike being on the pill where i put on weight and got depressed I have found it to have no negative side effects.

I just dont ever want to come off it!!!

KitP liked
MemberMember
(@ruthie0123)

Posted : 03/09/2009 11:26 am

I've been taking lymecycline since November 08. My starting dose was one capsule daily however I was seeing little improvement with that dose so my doctor upped it to two capsules daily last month and the condition of my skin has improved greatly. I also use isotrex at night which has been great for preventing blackheads, and does seem to make the zits i do have go quicker and make the scars from previous ones look a little more acceptable. My advice would be to persevere for at least a couple of months and to take the capsules regularly (very important!), and ask about the possibility of using lymecycline along with a topical retinoid if you don't have too sensitive skin!

MemberMember
(@jokoloko)

Posted : 03/09/2009 6:24 pm

i've been on tetralysal for just under 3 months.

i had moderate acne.

occurred on forehead, chin and cheeks. but did not grow on moustache or beard line. (im only 17 so i have a slight stubble)

it does work. it will reduce acne even if you dont wash your face.

people who say it dont work are those who sit there, using lots of irritating products on their face at the same time as lymecycline.

a mild cleanser once a day would do you big favour.

take one a day, once you get up from bed, glass of water, empty stomach, you will notice results.

first month, you wont notice immediate effects but something has changed.

if you notice hardly any spots/cysts have developed.

anything new or still there is either pre-existed inflammations irritated to the point where they seem like flesh wounds or outbreaks which occurred at early/before prescription and have just appeared.

it worked for me, i'm nearly at 3 months, skin is completely smooth.

phosphene and KitP liked
MemberMember
(@esteemedrabbit)

Posted : 03/12/2009 9:54 am

Praises for Tetralysal Lymecycline. Currently taking 300mg before retiring every other day. I took it for 15 consecutive days, then after having no adverse effects, my derm decided to put me on it for the next 10 weeks with a dose of 300mg, every other day.

My review? IT DOES A GOOD JOB ON FOLLICULITIS, CYSTIC BREAKOUTS. Lurrrve the stuff.

MemberMember
(@switowski)

Posted : 03/18/2009 10:03 pm

Thanks for the advice so far, I'm going to start taking Lymecycline after I have given blood (don't want to feel selfish )

Does anyone combine their treatment with some sort of BP cream? I'm currently using quinoderm, sorta doing the trick but after using it for close to a year and seeing little progress, I got impatient.

Also, have your attitudes to alcohol changed when taking lymecycline? I'm still a student and have many binge drinking experiences to look forward to, don't want to be held back socially!

MemberMember
(@joe1985)

Posted : 03/27/2009 6:39 am

Im also on Tetralysal and it took months for it to start working but now its cleared up most of my acne, however i dont think its gonna clear everything up. The only thing thats ever done that is accutane, of course the catch 22 of that is they aint gonna put me on accutane if im mostly cleared so guess i may just have to stay mostly cleared for the mo!

MemberMember
(@crista)

Posted : 04/12/2009 7:45 pm

Hey guys. I ve been taking tetralysal for almost 2 weeks now and my skin has cleared up completely. Before I was taking it I usually had about 3 cysts in total on my face....usually on my cheeks and chin and they wouldn't go away. A while ago I used zynerit but then my skin got used to it so it didn't work properly anymore. I wanted to take roaccutane so I decided to see a doctor, but then when I got there he said that he would rather try tetralysal first to see how it would work. I saw how my skin cleared up from the first days and now it's getting better and better. I still have red scars from my previous cysts but woth foundation all that is covered and I have beautiful baby skin. I love it!!!! I am really scared thought that when I stop taking it...the acne might come back. I saw some of you take it on an empty stomach. I don't do that. And I only take it once a day whenever I remebmer and it has great effect.

Good luck with it!!!

phosphene liked
MemberMember
(@bliss8)

Posted : 04/14/2009 10:16 am

Hello all. I was just looking through websites to seek reviews about this product due to curiosity of others experiences whilst using this product, and this website in particular has been good use.

I'm 16 years old and have had acne probably from the age of 11. It's only recently that i thought i had to do something about it, as i normally have just brushed it off by saying 'it will disappear' so i went to the doctors and was prescribed 3 months worth. I only have 2 weeks to go but i am going to ask for a repeat presription, which my doctor said i should ask for if the product was working.

When first taking Tetralysal i noticed an instance smoothness to the skin, though i knew total- clear up wouldn't happen instantly. It appeared that my body was starting to get used to the product, and now my face is a lot clearer though i still have a few pimples. I have also had a few breakouts but my advise is to carry on taking the product! i take it every morning, usually not eating for an hour after. I've had a few side effects however, for instance headaches and the feeling of sickness, but if they persist it's best to see your doctor.

Good luck to all, and the best advise to be given is to keep at it, antibiotics do take time.

MemberMember
(@stereophonic)

Posted : 04/20/2009 1:58 pm

god,tetralysal was rubbish for me had no effect on my skin in the slightest

MemberMember
(@itskestrel)

Posted : 05/21/2009 2:16 pm

hey =]

im newish to tetralysal 300, have been using for around 3 weeks with one capsule daily... and im not sure its doing much for my acne : (

so i was wondering if anyone could tell me whether increasing my dosage to two capsules a day would either help or be incredibly unhealthy?

thanks =D

MemberMember
(@sarahmo)

Posted : 06/11/2009 2:14 pm

I've been takin tetralysal for about 8 weeks. Was taking two capsules every day and saw an improvement really fast, redness went down,cysts were gone - i had loads which lasted ages and were so, so painful. I was only supposed to take 2 per day for a month so down to one, however, since then my face is sore again, red and more spots back.

Going to go back the doctor but I think I need to keep taking two. Very dissapointed my skins gone backwards!

I'm 28 and its the first time a gp hasn't just turned me away without a thought. I wish I'd known about these before, all those years ago!

My sister is 37 and still suffers and I really don't want to be like that .