Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MON3Y

Car Mirror

ive been reading some topics about mirros and hear that car mirrors are worst? is this true.. and also mot people said youre true self is revealed in natural sunlight? well if that is so aint the car mirror natural sunlight becouse youre outside looking in a mirror?and thats how people really see you if it is then HOLY S***!

Short answer: YES!

I always want to cry when I look myself into the car mirror!

Are you F***** SERIUOS????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO youre telling ME EVERY TIME I LOOK IN THE MIRROR IN MY HOUSE I LOOK NOTHING LIKE THAT?

Lazy, I asked someone before, and she said YES!

She told me that my skin looks as bas as that shown in the car mirror!

I wanna cry now!

Car mirrors? Did you people ever Tried mirrors with hudge amount of light above it? THAT IS SCARY :D

Wow!.............................................................................................................................

You Just kILLED my CONFIDENCE.. F***!

My SKIN MUST LOOK LIKE S*** THEN ..

No it isn't as bad as that.....because I notice my friends skin in natural light and think hmmm you don't look too great out here such as in the car/outside etc but when i see them in a pub/bar/club/indoors in their house their skin looks much better. Your skin does look as bad as the car mirror when your in the car but in most situations your skin looks better than you think. Soft lighting in pubs/bars works wonders and usually in a house not sat too near a window looks better.

which car mirror? the rearview mirror or the side mirrors? and thats not what you truly look like, your real face is revealed in natural sunlight not mirrors.

people see you as you see your reflection in that lighting. if you inside your bathroom, you look like the reflection in your bathroom. if your outside, you look like the reflection you see in the car with light shining through. just because you look one way in one lighting, doesnt mean you look like that everywhere.

i do believe that you only truely see what you look like in natural light. every other man-made light either hides our imperfections or brings them out. so i usually judge my appereance in natural light...which is why im so depressed all the time

which car mirror? the rearview mirror or the side mirrors? and thats not what you truly look like, your real face is revealed in natural sunlight not mirrors.

its not like when you look into a mirror your looking at some portrait of yourself. the mirror is just reflecting the natural sunlight. it just turns the light around so you literally are seeing what you look like in natural light.

the only difference is that mirrors have imperfections just like our faces. every microscopic bumb or "scar" in the mirror throws off the lighting just a tad, and car mirrors arent the highest quality. sometimes it helps to account for this when veiwing yourself lol

Flourescent lighting is the worst! Especially if you're working in an office because it brings everything out PLUS its directly on top of you which means that it will create shadows and make any scars look really deep.

Yellow lighting that is coming from the sides (not directly on top) makes your skin look the best, or complete darkness too :(

I avoid all car mirrors like the plague! I duno what im gona be like when i get my licence...i won't wanna look in the mirror without bringing on the tears!

Haha even when my skin is clear my cars mirror makes it look bad, trust me its just the lighting in there... the car mirror could probably reveal every imperfection on ANYONE's face to like a milimeter, I just dont look in it too much something I learned a while ago... Take a picture of yourself in a regular mirror or have someone take a pic of you in regular lighting, promise you it won't be like that,

omg i kno what yas mean aye!

....yesterday i was lookin in the side mirrors of mums car and i was like "omg!!" and i instantly got all angry at myself...i look frickin horrible :mad:

....yesterday i was lookin in the side mirrors of mums car and i was like "omg!!" and i instantly got all angry at myself...i look frickin horrible :mad:

^^^ same.. :confused:

same for me

I can get lost in my rearview mirror. I can stare at myself for at least half an hour looking at my face.

It's one of the reasons I don't eat my lunch in my car anymore. It's too distracting!

Dressing room mirrors are the absolute worst!

dats crazy what lighting can do.. so.. if you where in the car in you look in the mirror dats how people see ur skin and if ur in the bathroon and some body was in there thats how they see ur skin and if ur outside the same?

but what if you take a picture inside ur house with the lights on is thats how they see ur skin overall?

Short answer: YES!

I always want to cry when I look myself into the car mirror!

i usually look sexy in the car mirror and redish in the bathroom mirror, sometimes i look sexy in both tho

It's all about the lighting. I've noticed a HUGE difference from my bedroom to my bathroom. And then the mirror in my truck today? Eep.. I almost turned around and called in sick to work to avoid humiliation. :(

I forget what the thread was initally about.. But I remember someone posting a full explanation of how light affects your skin's appearance. It was quite interesting, actually.

theres no such thing as how you 'really look'. you look different in different lightings. so however you see yourself in the car mirror is how others see you in that location with that lighting. however you see yourself in your home mirror is how others see you at home. others see you the same way you look in the mirror at that time and place