Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Had that problem too. Estee Lauder's verite sunblock FINALLY worked for me and then they discontinued it. Tried a lot of other stuff but broke out, felt oily, and FADE which is alcohol based and didn't feel oily stung... Now I just mix a bit of Titanium Dioxide with Oil of Olay Serum or whatever cream I want on my face and use that. It gives a slight whitish tinge, but it works for me cause I'm kinda pale to begin with.

i have super oily skin and tested over 100 or so sunblocks to find the right one...

i really love Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15 from Boscia http://www.boscia.net/catalog/product_deta...&products_id=34

this brand is from Japan... and i think Japan "spf brands" one of the best... they have free shipping right now!

another choice is "Amazing Grapes", spf 15 from www.bibocosmetics.com but they don't sell on line...

i also like Neutrogena Visibly Firm SPF20 although it is not completely oil-free but my skin loves it for some reason...

Make sure whatever sunscreen you are using has adequate UVA and UVB protection! You can read more about sunscreens at www.cosmeticcop.com

BTW: Sage makes a great sunscreen for acne-prone skin, it is pricey though. Paula's choice also has good options for blemish prone skin (Paula's products are at the cosmetic cop link above.) HTH!

Guest Tracy

The BEST suncscreen I have EVER used is called Total Block Clear SPF 65. You can get it at skincarerx.com

http://www.skincarerx.com/ecommerce/index....category=total)

You can also find it online at other sites for a few dollars less, however if you're going to order additional items from skincarerx (mandelic, etc.) than you might as well save on shipping and get it from there also.

I ordered the total block because i had a sample that i used and really liked it, but it is kind of expensive for that 2oz bottle that i just got, tiny thing, I wonder how long this is going to last. :-s

3dpimple

Paula Choice non-greasy sunscreen spf 15 with antioxidants for normal to oily skin is the one my mom love. She has extremely oily skin.

Guest Tracy
I ordered the total block because i had a sample that i used and really liked it, but it is kind of expensive for that 2oz bottle that i just got, tiny thing, I wonder how long this is going to last. :-s  

3dpimple

Thanks everyone smile.gif

I am leaning towards the total block. I want something with zinc bc it's supposed to be really good at blocking all rays, and it's good for acne prone skin.

Would any of you who have the total block mind looking at the ingredients, and posting them here? I know they list some on the site, but I want to be sure that it's a complete list.

I realize it's a hassle, and understand if you don't want to do it, but I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks smile.gif

Guest Tracy

user posted image

TECHNICAL CHEMICAL DESCRIPTION

Protecting the skin from the adverse effects of UVB and UVA is the primary objective, and our micronized particles of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide form the first line of defense. To further increase protection against UVB and UVA, physical blockers known as extenders (particles that extend the effectiveness of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) such as mica and talcum must be included.

Physical blockers fall into three categories; direct physical blockers, indirect physical blockers and polymers. Most direct physical blockers are compounds of metals that occur naturally, however, some are man-made. Indirect physical blockers increase the distribution of direct blockers and polymers increase the length of the pathway that the sun’s rays must travel to reach the skin.

Research has demonstrated that physical blockers offer a defense against multiple wavelengths of light, regardless of their particle size. Metal-based materials act as a “heat sink� reducing the heat effect onto the skin. In addition to their photoprotective attributes, these substances assist in preventing windburns and skin damage from wind driven micro particles of “dirt and grime�.

INGREDIENT FUNCTION

“FDA Approved Actives�

Benzophenone-3 (UVB/ UVA Sunscreens)

Octyl Methoxycinnamate (UVB Sunscreen)

Octocrylene (UVB/UVA Sunscreen SPF Aid)

Titanium Dioxide (UVB/UVA Sunscreen)

Zinc Oxide (UVB/UVA Sunscreen)

“Inactives�

Acrylate /octylpropenamide copolymer

Water repellent film former

Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate Enhances SPF & skin feel

Ascorbyl palmitate Vit “C� derivative (antioxidant) 5-Bromo-5nitro-1, 3 dioxane (&) propylene glycol Preservative

Caramel (burnt sugar) Color toner & SPF aid

Carotene Vit “A� precursor, (antioxidant) & SPF aid Cetearyl alcohol & cetearyl polyglucose skin protectant, emulsifier (binder)

Dimethicone * Emollient, water repellent

Disodium EDTA Color protectant, preservative aid

Iron Oxides Absorb, reflect UVB/UVA-IR; colorant

Isopropyl/isobutyl/butyl parabens Preservative

Linoleamidopropyl dimethylamine Skin adhesive, emulsion aid

Maritime Pine Extract (Pycnogenol®) High potency antioxidant

Octyldodecyl neopentanoate SPF booster and emollient; Patented

Polysorbate 20 Emulsifier (binder)

Propylene glycol Humectant (maintains moisture)

Purified water Refined water

Selenium yeast derivative Cell protectant & SPF aid

Simethicone Antifoam & water repellant

Sorbitan laurate Emulsifier

Talc Dispersion aid (for solids)

Tocopherol Vit “E� (antioxidant) Tocopheryl acetate Vit “E� (antioxidant), SPF aid & free-radical absorber/scavenger.

* Total Block CLEAR SPF 65