Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does anyone else find it difficult to talk to a crush one on one? I find that after years of having acne, and lowering my self confidence, I see so many other girls who can just have a normal conversation with guys and now I, a lover of men am experiencing this problem. I see this beautiful guy only about once a day for about 20 minutes, because our schedules are opposite and I don't know what to say. I consider myself a cool person but I never know what to say and small talk isn't really my hting. I just keep thinking that if we were already sexually connected I would not have such a problem and it might be easier to express myself but this person likes me back and people wonder why I make it so awkward for him to talk to me. THis just makes me feel hopeless about him and relationships in general. I also find that I end up NOT wanting the relationship aspect of relationship I guess you could say. Why would I want another friend.. I keep thinking to myself that maybe I just really wanna be intimate with this person. BUT the truth is that underneath it all I feel like I have a very likable personality and that I could manage a relationship, but because I never go for it I've been tleling myself that I'm just too weird for one or could never manage it. I would just be avoidant of this person.

if anyone can relate please post ;) because I find making conversation and actually beginning soem type of relationship very difficult Especially if you hide your acne with makeup 24/7 and have unseen emotional problems.

Guest T-Virus

I've always had trouble talking to people that I have a crush on. Acne just makes it worse and almost impossible :(

I'm the same,had a chick that was into me for ages and didn't even have a proper conversation with her,even though I like her.

I dunno... I think I keep denying to myself that I have a crush on someone, cos I wouldn't cabable of having a relationship.

Maybe there is this guy that I like. I mean - I don't even know! It's strange and very annoying! But I'm so insecure that it wouldn't work out anyways.

It's strange and depressing, really... :think:

But yeah.. I know it all too well.

thats the thing.. It does seem just liek it would NEVER work out but... don't you ever feel liek underneath it all.. you're really just a cool girl.. and that guys would love to hang with you if they knew who you really were. because this is how i feel and I can tell you that the most difficult thin im having now is crossing that barrier between getting to know someone and actually having any sort of meaningful relationship . + I wish I could like take a lesson or something on how thehell to talk to someone properly because i think i've lost all ability through the years of seclusion. also.... if this person knew the pain i go through they prob would think differently of me... I dont think i PUT out a different personality when im in public... because im pretty much myself in terms of the things that I say.. BUT i just dont disclose anything about my problems which basically run my life.

And I always see those stupid girls with those damn good relationships.. and i wihs i could just be that normal.. but sadly what i cannot put my finger on in terms of my own problems.. has disabled me from creating the relationships i want with friends.. family annnd potential lovers..

i really wish i could learn to operate better

i used to notice that too it was weird talking to a girl i had a crush on, but thats cuz i always got a crush on some really pretty girl that i didnt know that well and had nothing in common with. i find it so much easier to be with a girl if i was already friends with her first. like this one girl i used to like, we were good friends first and there was NEVER an awkward pause or anything it was GREAT to be with her.

thats the thing.. It does seem just liek it would NEVER work out but... don't you ever feel liek underneath it all.. you're really just a cool girl.. and that guys would love to hang with you if they knew who you really were. because this is how i feel and I can tell you that the most difficult thin im having now is crossing that barrier between getting to know someone and actually having any sort of meaningful relationship . + I wish I could like take a lesson or something on how thehell to talk to someone properly because i think i've lost all ability through the years of seclusion. also.... if this person knew the pain i go through they prob would think differently of me... I dont think i PUT out a different personality when im in public... because im pretty much myself in terms of the things that I say.. BUT i just dont disclose anything about my problems which basically run my life.

And I always see those stupid girls with those damn good relationships.. and i wihs i could just be that normal.. but sadly what i cannot put my finger on in terms of my own problems.. has disabled me from creating the relationships i want with friends.. family annnd potential lovers..

i really wish i could learn to operate better

yeah I think its about taking risks... and to think maybe well.. some relationships jst dont or didnt work out but.. i try to think you know... just because one relationship was one way.... doesnt mean they all are the same.. I try to be open.. and push myself to try new things al the time and to not be scared... its just hard.. and for someone like myself its always just like... relaitonships seem so impossible because in my mind i am so beyond.... normalcy

Guest T-Virus

I don't feel worthy of being in a relationship with anyone.

*chokes on tears and dies*

does anyone else find it difficult to talk to a crush one on one? I find that after years of having acne, and lowering my self confidence, I see so many other girls who can just have a normal conversation with guys and now I, a lover of men am experiencing this problem. I see this beautiful guy only about once a day for about 20 minutes, because our schedules are opposite and I don't know what to say. I consider myself a cool person but I never know what to say and small talk isn't really my thing. I just keep thinking that if we were already sexually connected I would not have such a problem and it might be easier to express myself but this person likes me back and people wonder why I make it so awkward for him to talk to me. THis just makes me feel hopeless about him and relationships in general. I also find that I end up NOT wanting the relationship aspect of relationship I guess you could say. Why would I want another friend.. I keep thinking to myself that maybe I just really wanna be intimate with this person. BUT the truth is that underneath it all I feel like I have a very likable personality and that I could manage a relationship, but because I never go for it I've been tleling myself that I'm just too weird for one or could never manage it. I would just be avoidant of this person.

if anyone can relate please post ;) because I find making conversation and actually beginning some type of relationship very difficult Especially if you hide your acne with makeup 24/7 and have unseen emotional problems.

Making conversation I don't have a problem with, but the awkward silence before or after the fact gets me everytime.

To the point where I'm back on the road and just swearing at myself.

I find talking to most people hard.

I never know what to say.

If I had a crush and tried to talk to them I would sound like an idiot. Lucky for me I'm married.

how to avoid awkwardness i think is one hting and the other thing might be how to initate conversation or small conversation that leads to better and more serious talk. i really just dont get those little relationships that somehow work for people.... maybe they are all just ridiculous or i am perhaps

also as of now.. it feels like people with clear skin and no physical appearence issues are like another species to me.. and therefore i guess they relate to each other differently..

Guest T-Virus
I don't feel worthy of being in a relationship with anyone.

*chokes on tears and dies*

Self pity is actually pretty attractive to most people.

does anyone else find it difficult to talk to a crush one on one? I find that after years of having acne, and lowering my self confidence, I see so many other girls who can just have a normal conversation with guys and now I, a lover of men am experiencing this problem. I see this beautiful guy only about once a day for about 20 minutes, because our schedules are opposite and I don't know what to say. I consider myself a cool person but I never know what to say and small talk isn't really my hting. I just keep thinking that if we were already sexually connected I would not have such a problem and it might be easier to express myself but this person likes me back and people wonder why I make it so awkward for him to talk to me. THis just makes me feel hopeless about him and relationships in general. I also find that I end up NOT wanting the relationship aspect of relationship I guess you could say. Why would I want another friend.. I keep thinking to myself that maybe I just really wanna be intimate with this person. BUT the truth is that underneath it all I feel like I have a very likable personality and that I could manage a relationship, but because I never go for it I've been tleling myself that I'm just too weird for one or could never manage it. I would just be avoidant of this person.

if anyone can relate please post ;) because I find making conversation and actually beginning soem type of relationship very difficult Especially if you hide your acne with makeup 24/7 and have unseen emotional problems.