Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CJ1986

A New Efficient Fraxel Thread

Basically I'm thinking of booking myself in for a few Fraxel treatments but trying to read that Fraxel thread is ridiculous. So here's a new thread with a few rules:

1) You can only post if you've had the treatment.

2) If you have please only post once, (Unless you're having more treatments done)

3) In your post please say:

a) When you had it,

b) How many treatments you had,

c) did you have a positive/negative result,

d) how positive/negative

e) was it worth the money

and finally f) anything else you think people might want to know.

Cheers

sciton is expensive too, and less effective. you cant get results from 1 full face fraxel and 2 on the cheeks and temples. again, fraxel isnt the magic bullet, we're not "there yet" with the laser. you dont have to read the 70 page thread to know that its good if you must have less downtime and take less of a risk but expect improvement, not a miracle from fraxel.

yeah thats what im doing - you obviously know everything, apologies for lousing up your day with meaningless generalizations

just because people see results with fraxel in 2 treatments doesnt mean you will. just like any other treatment, different people respond differently. dr tina says right there, "we recommend between 4-5 for optimal results" so you telling this person that fraxel did squat for YOU and you also didnt have more than a couple of treatments doesnt hold much water as an effective argument against the fraxel laser. obviously many people have had good results, those results dependent upon the number of treatments and the severity of scarring and how the person responds. this pro fractional laser is brand new, most people havent heard of it yet or done it. it will take time to see what the results will be and how well it will work on severe scarring and deep ice picks etc. the older sciton (and by older i mean 2 years ago) didnt deliver amazing results and i know because ive seen cases, photographs, and had consultations for that laser. its also expensive. if the profractional laser by sciton is going to be more amazing than fraxel, better than dermabrasion, better than needling, and the best thing yet, believe me, we will soon know that.

results not worth the price. had a series of 4 for 4 grand total. i'm sure it's cheaper nowadays. still i think the hype with this laser when it first came out is typical with any new technology. look at smoothbeam when it first came out..same thing. it does get rid of discolorations, but for mild to moderate indented scars, you might want to look at other treatment options. i do agree with many doctors' assessments that correcting acne scars is a multi-modal approach

I've had 5 fraxels (the last one was only a week ago)

My skin is still red and very flakey so it's difficult to notice the improvement at the moment.

On the whole I would say that my rolling and boxscars are 60% improved.

It does nothing for my ice picks - I've had some of those excised.

I paid £1,000 for 4 treatments and the 5th one was free.

Asian- 28 years old

I have had 5 treatments so far from July 2006 up to now, spaced 3-8 weeks apart. Next session is scheduled to be on Feb 5th.

I am planning on having up to 1 more, but up to 3 if it is a must, we'll see. I think 8 will be the absolute max because of money.

I like the Fraxel. It is not perfect, but it has improved my scars tremondously. You can still see them mind you, but its definately less pocky. There has also been improvement in tone, smoothness, and blotchiness.

I am payin 600.00 for cheeks only in Bay Area, Ca.

Hmm I want everyone to know it is a slow process! I freaked out after the 3rd or 4th treatment. I was questioning the laser and my doctor, because I saw little improvement, but I stuck it out. I am glad that I did. I think I saw the most improvement after my 5th, which was on Dec 19th, a little less then a month ago.

I notice a lot doctors offering packages of 4, but honestly I think in a lot of cases you need more than 4 fraxel treatments. Everyone responds differently, so the 4th treatment could just be the beginning.

yeah thats what im doing - you obviously know everything, apologies for lousing up your day with meaningless generalizations

just because people see results with fraxel in 2 treatments doesnt mean you will. just like any other treatment, different people respond differently. dr tina says right there, "we recommend between 4-5 for optimal results" so you telling this person that fraxel did squat for YOU and you also didnt have more than a couple of treatments doesnt hold much water as an effective argument against the fraxel laser. obviously many people have had good results, those results dependent upon the number of treatments and the severity of scarring and how the person responds. this pro fractional laser is brand new, most people havent heard of it yet or done it. it will take time to see what the results will be and how well it will work on severe scarring and deep ice picks etc. the older sciton (and by older i mean 2 years ago) didnt deliver amazing results and i know because ive seen cases, photographs, and had consultations for that laser. its also expensive. if the profractional laser by sciton is going to be more amazing than fraxel, better than dermabrasion, better than needling, and the best thing yet, believe me, we will soon know that.

Thanks for clearing that up Frenchy, Ive only been doing scar revision since 1977, Ill go waste another several hundred dollars for another two fraxels just to make you happy. I never said Sciton was better or worse than Siberian Elk Urine merely pointed out for those interested in fractional resurfacing the expanded options available.

Thanks everyone who's posted so far.

But lets try and stick to the rules. The last Fraxel thread got ruined because loads of people posting, "Oh that's great, I'm pleased for you," type posts. Lets keep it on the money so people can just click on. Get a load of experiences then back off again.

Cheers.

Fraxel does leave slight demarcation lines between treated and non treated areas nothing like the demarcation from dermabrasion at least it did for me. The demarcation though slight is evidence fraxel does indeed do something to treated skin, what that something is I dont really know. Perhaps demarcation is due to slightly different thickness, maybe fraxel does actually make skin a little bit thinner by shaving off ever so slight amounts. One would need countless fraxels to remove enough skin to reduce scar depth if this were the case so I doubt the alleged improvement people get is due to this phenomenon unless they had extremely superfical scarring to begin with.

image000rh4.jpg

leni821, thanks for your post. I feel the same way as you. I jut finished my 4th fraxel and am scheduled to have my 5th on the 24th. I was pretty unhappy before my 4th tretment and felt like telling off the doctor.......a mixture of my skin breaking out due to PMS and it looked red and irritated but today I woke up and my skin looks amazingly better.

My rolling/ boxcar type scars are lifting quite a bit but they are still visible just softer. The pores on my nose are a LOT smaller and people have been telling me my skin looks a lot better even if I don't quite see it yet.

I too will probably have one or two more treatments in May or June if my doctor thinks I would benefit from it.

a) When you had it ( posted in my signature)

b) How many treatments you had (ditto)

c) did you have a positive/negative result ( so far a few postive results, everyday it seems to improve)

d) how positive/negative ( i see around a 30% improvement(just a random guess) in 4 of my rolling boxcar scars on my cheeks and my temples look a lot better too, I still have random scars all over my face that I am hoping to see some improvement)

e) was it worth the money (not sure yet I will wait to say for sure until May 07, it's pretty expensive)

Fraxel does leave slight demarcation lines between treated and non treated areas nothing like the demarcation from dermabrasion at least it did for me. The demarcation though slight is evidence fraxel does indeed do something to treated skin, what that something is I dont really know. Perhaps demarcation is due to slightly different thickness, maybe fraxel does actually make skin a little bit thinner by shaving off ever so slight amounts. One would need countless fraxels to remove enough skin to reduce scar depth if this were the case so I doubt the alleged improvement people get is due to this phenomenon unless they had extremely superfical scarring to begin with.

Hi there, today I went to another doc, while hes not really into acne or the scars and discoloration that is left from acne, he was surprised how red my marks are even after over 2 years since the acne was gone. Like the other docs, they all say that my scarring is very very shallow. However this doc today was not into fraxel, however he told me instead to try the genesis laser from cutera. He also recommanded I do either 5 to 6 vitalize peels or one round of cosmalen peel, both of these will take care of the red marks.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your post Billyboy. I'm sure people who're thinking of having fraxel will really enjoy using your information. Especially if they have the time to read 180 pages. Shame you couldn't just answer the questions for people who find sitting on this board depressing in itself. Nevermind, I've decideed to try fraxel anyway.

Cheers.