Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, i have mild to moderate acne but have a lot of scars and scar very easily...im on minocycline right now cuz i know inorder to try deal witht he scars i first need to stop all the acne...the mino is working somehwta not nearly as much as i would like it too...well i also have pretty oily skin, i wash my face every 6 hours on the hour so basically 4 times a day...i was thinking of using tazorac along wiht mino...has ne past tazorac users seen effective resluts? also does anyone know of any kind of medication that stops oily skin...ive heard accutane actually stops oil production in the glnads causing less oily skin...does anyone of this is true and has that been the experience for any of you guys?

I think washing your face 4 times a day is not a good idea, i would do only twice.Do a search here on vitamin B5 and jojoba oil that it seems some people are using to dimish the production of oil on the face.

3dpimple

I have the exact same problem. I had very bad acne and slight scarring/hyperpigmentation and very very oily skin. So I went to the derm in June and he prescribed the following,

Minocycline 100mg/2 times a day

Desquam-E emollient gel : morning : for the oilyness

Triamcinolone Acetonide : afternoon : for the hyperpigmentation/scars

Tazorac gel 0.1% : night : for the active acne and blackheads

After using this regimine for the last 5 months, my skin isnt oily and I have probably 2-3 active pimples at any given time but the hyperpigmentation is still very bad. I'd suggest you'd goto the derm and suggest the medications I was on and see what your derm says, I't cant hurt.

Good Luck

thank you for replying....hey bastek13, how often do you wash your face now daily? and how long did it take for u too notice considerable less olyness in the skin...if i go about like ne theing more than 7-8 hours my face is pretty oily...

Well back in the day I'd wash face with just water probably about 10 times a day no exageration, the oil would just fucking pour out of my pores.

But now I only wash my face once a day when I shower and just throw some cold water on that shit before I goto sleep. Oil is totally gone its awesome but the hyperpigmentation is terrible so I'm working on it.

what is hyperpigmentation??? And does it go away??? I think i have that cuz when my pimples go away they leave like a red spot which later turns kinda brownish and stays for like ever!!! eventually it gets lighter and disapears...does that sound something like hyperpigmentation????? i hope it goes away!

like the previous poster said, try washing your face only twice a day. washing more than that will most likely strip your skin and cause more oil to compensate. are you using any meds besides the mino? If not try using a gentle, soap free cleanser then put a BP lotion on or something. This will help treat the acne and also decrease the oil.

hey bastek so betweeneach application of those medications you dont washt he previous one off...like whats is ur daily facial care liek do u wake up take shower then put the firt med on then wait till afternoon (what time) and put the second one on and so forth...?