Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onyxraven

AN/choicebrush/Joppa Kabuki

I've never used that one. Did it put the makeup on? i have heard it was really soft. was thinking about getting it, but if it's not working right, i may have to just pass.

i got the AN chiseled brush in a kit and it was to soft or something..not compact enough for me so i dont use it b/c its not putting makeup on fo rme

Yeah, it's super super super soft but it doesn't feel compact enough. It might be nice to use for finishing powder. I felt like I used too much in order to actually "see" it, so it's kinda cakey in some areas. I'll keep using it to try and get the hang of it, but I don't know...

Maybe I'll order a signature kabuki, they're supposed to be very compact. This bums me out, I was really looking forward to my new brush :(.

That said, I think I found my AN shade...fairest light neutral, who would have thought? I guess it is winter though, and my face has been a little redder than usual due to using Retin-A.

I posted this a while back but instead of finding the thread I'll post again. I love the AN Kabuki but it is really soft. I take a hair tie and put it just at the base of the hairs and it compacts the brush and the makeup goes on REALLY well. I'd rather do that than buy a firmer brush that makes me itch and sheds. One thing I can say is that the AN brushes I have (I have the Kabuki, Powder and Blush) have not shed at all. My old BE brush literally fell apart after a good while from all the shedding. Try the tie and see if it works better for you.

the softness was one of my concerns about buying that brush, too.

if anyone is interested, and willing to pay a little more ($25), Sephora's bronzer brush is THE most compact brush i've ever seen/felt. so compact that i was worried that the bristles would be so smooshed together/hard, that they'd irritate my skin. it fans out a lot after washing, though, if you sort of fluff it with your fingers. i wouldn't say it has the softest bristles in the world, but a) i've definitely felt scratchier, and b) some of us (evidently, and myself included), aren't looking for soft. it gets much more manageable for minerals/"softer" after washing, though. :)

it got rave reviews at makeupalley.com, including by a ton of people who use it for mineral makeup. here's what it looks like (and click if you want, for the link):

P55367_hero.jpg

i guess i bought this during my need-a-compact-kabuki phase after having struggled with Joppa's Chiseled Powder Brush for several weeks. that Joppa brush may be great for blush or finishing powder, but for me, it was useless in applying minerals. lol... i was trying to sell it a while back, but there were no takers.

Love this Brush not only is it super soft. Doesn't shed a hair and I had it over 3 months. I also wash it everytime I use it! $10 is well worth it!

I do find if you use less minerals is much better since its a kabuki and it gives more of a heavier coverage! I use it both for mineral foundation and finishing silk applications!

I agree with iceboi. I do seem to use less powder with my AN brush then with the BE brush I was using prior. And the coverage is really good. I think it may be something you need to get used to, because it is so soft. I don't wash mine everytime, (probably should) but at least 2x a week and it's so durable and comes back each time just as soft....no shedding at all, which every other brush I've used did, until they pretty much fell apart.

the softness was one of my concerns about buying that brush, too.

if anyone is interested, and willing to pay a little more ($25), Sephora's bronzer brush is THE most compact brush i've ever seen/felt. so compact that i was worried that the bristles would be so smooshed together/hard, that they'd irritate my skin. it fans out a lot after washing, though, if you sort of fluff it with your fingers. i wouldn't say it has the softest bristles in the world, but a) i've definitely felt scratchier, and b) some of us (evidently, and myself included), aren't looking for soft. it gets much more manageable for minerals/"softer" after washing, though. :)

it got rave reviews at makeupalley.com, including by a ton of people who use it for mineral makeup. here's what it looks like (and click if you want, for the link):

P55367_hero.jpg

i guess i bought this during my need-a-compact-kabuki phase after having struggled with Joppa's Chiseled Powder Brush for several weeks. that Joppa brush may be great for blush or finishing powder, but for me, it was useless in applying minerals. lol... i was trying to sell it a while back, but there were no takers.

My Choicebrush kabuki is really soft, but I think it applies mineral makeup foundation really well. Maybe try washing yours first?

ahhh .. yet another brush I may have to get.. stop this addiction!

:lol: oops.... what have i done?

you totally looked that up on MUA, i know it.

it got rave reviews at makeupalley.com, including by a ton of people who use it for mineral makeup.