Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

dkr bp or nutrogena?

i may order one of these ,which will cause less redness?

There is no way to predict that. It mostly depends on your skin. If you have never used BP before or if you have sensitive skin, probably either one is likely to cause redness. A bit of redness/dryness is normal when beginning BP treatment anyway.

Dan's gel is more economical, it is a much larger tube. N on-the-spot is less than one ounce. Dan's gel is 4 ounces.

Kel,

My advice to you is start with Dan's BP gel. Here's my reasons. I started with Neutrogena OTS cream and followed the regimin precisely. I had immediatly experienced flakiness / redness which comes with adjusting to the BP, but during the 4th - 6th week I became extremely flaky. I'd gently try and dab it with a tissue, and more would show themselves and I'd end up with flakes all over my shirt and in my hair.

That led me to buying Dans BP gel and I notices immediately that it rubbed in easier, there was no gobbing, and my flaking minimized. I've been using it for 1 week now and my face feels smoother too. Also, I was buying a tube nearly every week costing $6.00 a pop. If you're going to invest, I'd suggest you go for Dan's.

As far as the difference in redness, I can't answer that, so take my advice for what it's worth.

---------

Dan's cleanser

wait 15 min

Dan's BP

wait 15 min

Cetaphil Moisturizer

I'd recommend the CSR (Dan's) BP. It goes on MUCH easier, which really made a huge difference in the amount of skin irritation.

Either will work fine, just don't use 1/2 oz per use like he shows in the video. That is a crazy amount of product.

I like Dan's BP gel best because it's quick to absorb and you won't rub your face and irritate it so much.