Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rodey

Why should I trust Dan Kern?

First off, I would like to say, I'm not calling out Dan, nor am I trying to insult him in anyway. I really want to trust the guy, but I do have some doubts. He comes across as a genuine guy who is trying to help others with their acne problems.

However, isn't that always the case?

What seperates Dan from the people promoting Proactiv? Like Vanessa Williams, Jessica Simpson, etc?

I have tried pretty much everything on my skin and it has got better, but I still get too many breakouts for my liking and my complexion isn't what I desire it to be.

Dan is now putting out his own cleanser, benzoyl peroxide product and moisturizer. Other than the price being lower, how is that any different from other companies?

Tell me why I should buy Dan's products and follow his regimen. Why should I trust Dan Kern?

I have been on the reg a year. I dont know Dan personally but I will tell you my experience and opinion. I was of course skeptical at 1st but I wanted to try because I knew BP %10 had worked for me kinda before just like him. I still kinda read through everything and anylized weather I thought it was just another scam. These are the reasons I feel I can trust Dan

I read his stuff and the way it is worded seems very genuine. His story seems very real.

when I came to this site Dan was NOT even selling his own stuff yet. he was simply sharing a method using Neutrogena on the spot.

He only started selling his BP to get a more economical and affordable 2.5% BP out there to us.

One time on a thread I was reading a person on the thread was defending Dan in an accusation that he was just out for money by saying "Dan does not make a profit" Dan came to that thread and corrected they by saying "No that is not right, I DO make a profit and IM not out to lie about that."

That to me screams honesty and there is nothing wrong what so ever with Dan making a profit. just because he is does not mean he is a scammer.

If you message Dan he will take time to respond do you (might take a while but he does)

on his bottle of BP it even gives you instructions to cut open the bottle when it is about empty to get every bit of it out to not waiste money.. no other company would take the time to do that and would rather you waste it and buy more from them.

Dan will sometimes suggest people use the neutrogena on the spot of they dont like the consistancy of his BP.

I could prob think of more but Im done.. Hope this helps.

First off, I would like to say, I'm not calling out Dan, nor am I trying to insult him in anyway. I really want to trust the guy, but I do have some doubts. He comes across as a genuine guy who is trying to help others with their acne problems.

What seperates Dan from the people promoting Proactiv? Like Vanessa Williams, Jessica Simpson, etc?

I have tried pretty much everything on my skin and it has got better, but I still get too many breakouts for my liking and my complexion isn't what I desire it to be.

Dan is now putting out his own cleanser, benzoyl peroxide product and moisturizer. Other than the price being lower, how is that any different from other companies?

Tell me why I should buy Dan's products and follow his regimen. Why should I trust Dan Kern?

The proof is in the pudding.

Give the regimen a try using store-bought products, see for yourself.

When I was brand new here, the success stories are what convinced me to give it a try. http://www.acne.org/success.php

That very day I went to Walmart and I bought Purpose wash, Neutrogena on-the-spot, and Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, and you know what? It worked!

You should trust Dan simply because he is sharing what is working for him and you dont have to buy any of his products to do the regimen he created... so hes not just saying all this stuff to sell his products since you can easily go to the store and get other brands instead =] (Which is what I do)

I agree with Brandy, what sold me was how many people said it worked for them. Even more than that was actually seeing the progression of people complaining about their skin and using the DKR as a last resort, and then later raving about the great results they've had. That and Dan is just a regular guy, who is also incredibly intelligent, diligent, and wants the best for everyone at this site, not for his wallett. The administrators, such as Brandy, are super helpful with almost every question, I don't think I've ever seen a question go completely unanswered. This site is great and, though I'm knew, I know it will help me defeat my acne.

so far, everyone's given great reasons.

i consider myself: a) a skeptic, and b) an excellent judge of character. i would like to add to the mix that from what i've seen and read of (and by) Dan, i believe he's a genuine and authentic guy who really wants to help people. yes, he makes a profit off acne.org -- but everyone needs to make a living. unlike a lot of other people's, his living seems to have been cultivated out of a real desire to share something that changed his life for the better.

the first day i found acne.org, i read Dan's story thoroughly. i combed the site, going thru product ratings, before-and-after pics, success stories, "what not to do" list, you name it. what intrigued me the most was the apparent legitimacy of it all: i found no red flags, nothing that seemed manipulative or money-hungry. that's rare.

though to be totally honest, i remained skeptical until the day i received my benzoyl peroxide in the mail! i thought that because i'd ordered it online from a company i'd never heard of, maybe i was the sucker the fell for the scams of the anonymous internet company. (which is why i ordered just 1 tube to start :P). but the gel arrived quickly. after i started using it, and (especially) becoming increasingly involved w/the message boards... i felt much better.

now i'm not saying the regimen is the be-all end-all cure for acne, or that it will be everyone's answer -- it certainly wasn't mine. technically it cleared me, but my skin had a bad reaction to it. i stopped, and won't ever use BP again. BUT that's not to say that the regimen won't work for you, or that Dan isn't a good, sincere guy with a system that has dramatically improved a lot of people's lives.

i think it's a good idea to view any new acne treatment with a healthy dose of skepticism, and i'm glad you started this thread. maybe you'll try out the regimen and it will work. maybe you'll try it and it won't. maybe you'll say screw the whole thing, and try Proactiv, or another product. :P but if nothing else, you've happened upon a site where you'll learn a ton about acne (check out all the forums; there's sooo much being discussed around here), and find a community of people who understand what you're going thru and can help with tips and support. thats why i love this place!

and as for why you should trust me? well, i have no good reason for that. :lol: go with your gut. :)

the questions is not why you should trust Dan? its what are the risks and benefits of the products? or the regimen?

Risks

1. might not work

2. dry skin for a bit

3. little redness

Benefits

1. might work

2. clear skin

3. clear skin = boost of confidence

4. more confidence = more dates

5. more dates = better sex life

6. better sex life = happiness

Now to me it was a no brainer. the benefits out weighted the risks. now, it's up to you.

I found out about the regimen off Dan ages before there was even word of his products coming out. I genuinely believe he saw something that was in demand and produced it. Not 'took advantage of that demand', not 'exploited that demand'. Given us customized products which will work the best from his own experience.

Also: how many Acne Product Bosses do you know that talk to the individual users on their forum... or how many of them even had/have acne?!?

I believe Dan to be a great guy.

how did dan start out with the clear skin products? he had to of told the companies that he was having a website that he could promote there line on. The companies wouldnt go through all the work to perfect the bp and lotion and cleanser if they werent getting a benefit out of it. I do think Bp works to a certain extent but suffering dry skin in the process of having clear skin. I just would like to see ''real'' pictures of him with acne. Because he has supposedly suffered from acne, it gives us an incentive to believe him and connect with him on the basis that we all have or are going through the similiar experience. But if dan had this site but never said he had acne but was trying to sell products noone would buy them. its just hard for me to trust ppl without prove

Who cares if he makes money? He should; he makes a good product. I don't need to see photos of him, I've seen photos of plenty of other people before & after the regimen.

People who don't like BP get all bitter about the regimen, but for some of us 2.5% BP is all that works & he makes the best one out there. It's refreshing to me that someone can make money off their product that is sincerely meant to help people, not just take their money for some gimmick.

The proof is in the pudding.

Give the regimen a try using store-bought products, see for yourself.

When I was brand new here, the success stories are what convinced me to give it a try. http://www.acne.org/success.php

That very day I went to Walmart and I bought Purpose wash, Neutrogena on-the-spot, and Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, and you know what? It worked!

its not that effective alot of individuals do not have any success with Bp. i know 3 of my friends and family that it does not work for. It gave me minimal results. I just dont like people trying to promote there product by saying it is 99 % effective when many people on this site that have used it show it is not

Because Dan is God. :)

Nah, just kidding. I put my trust in Dan Kern's program because he devoted an entire website for the complete exploration of any and all acne treatments, not just his own products.He has, in the time I've been here, experimented with at least two other acne treatments other than his own (Jessifoliation, and the Paleo diet).

I've never seen anyone else take that approach to treating acne because other companies aren't about treating acne - they are about selling thier product. Dan is obviously not just about selling his own product, or else the entirity of this website would not exist. The majority of the forums on this website have NOTHING to do with the Dan Kern Regimen, and give people the chance to truly learn and find out what works for them.

I saw that, and I trust that.

its not that effective alot of individuals do not have any success with Bp. i know 3 of my friends and family that it does not work for. It gave me minimal results. I just dont like people trying to promote there product by saying it is 99 % effective when many people on this site that have used it show it is not

I'd like to add my $0.02...

I visited this site a few months back, and it seemed to have a genuine interest in helping people. The forums were fairly "unmoderated" - criticism was left on the board, or so it seemed. Everyone here seemed to be interested in truly solving the problem of Acne through shared information and collaboration. I liked this, a lot.

So, I tried the regimen. I started with off-the-shelf products, then tried Dan's. His products are very good, you can tell he really cares about the results. The regimen works - it did for me at least.

I'm now what I consider to be very clear - 1 new pimple in the last 2 weeks. The regimen is what I attribute this to.

I've found that the CSR cleanser is a bit too drying for my skin, but the BP gel is just fantastic. I'll be a long time customer.

Why should you trust Dan Kern? I asked myself the same question. I trusted my instincts, gave it a shot, and am BEYOND happy I did. Give it a shot, hopefully the regimen works for you. Best of luck...

His "regime" certainly isn't in the least bit "his own." But benzoyl peroxide is probably one of the best acne fighters out there, if not the best. The cleanser and moisturizer could be any but BP is one of the best acne fighting ingredients as is salicylic acid.