Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dcychanhk

improvement on pore size and skin tone

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Dcy,

Where is this blue peel stuff? Where can we get it?

Guest Tracy

Obi....I think it's the OBAGI Blue Peel. Do a Google on it.....you'll find lots of info.

I honestly would stay away from the blue peel. I believe you have to use the expensive obagi products first which I found to be horrible because one of them gave me blackheads-all over!!!! The blue peels say it will remove large pores/minor acne scarring but from the fellow patients that had the peel all they said they got out of it was looking like a smurf. For 1-2 mths there skin was soft and smooth but no improvement in acne scarring or large pores.

I never wasted my money after seeing the poor results and I later stopped the usage of all obagi products.

Guest Tracy

I've also heard some negative things about the Blue Peel. But then again, I've also heard some lighter skinned individuals have had wonderful results. It's like we always say: different things work for different people. I wouldn't try this peel, however, because my skin is prone to post inflammatory hyperpig. I'd be afraid to try such an aggressive peel. But here's some VERY BASIC info:

The OBAGI Blue Peel is a new innovation for restoring healthier and more beautiful skin. Unlike Glycolic Acid and Alpha Hydroxy peels, the OBAGI Blue Peel uses a slow-acting TCA (trichloroacetic acid) solution applied to the skin to remove dead skin cells and stimulate the production of new skin cells. Since TCA is not absorbed through the skin, there are no internal toxic effects. The slow action of the OBAGI Blue Peel solution enables your surgeon to control the peel process and its depth. It tightens the skin, reduces wrinkling and renews a more youthful appearance. An OBAGI Blue Peel can effectively improve a wide variety of skin conditions including fine lines and wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, shallow acne scars, sun-damaged skin and freckling.

It (conveniently) does not mention the expensive Obagi products or tubes of Retin A that you must use pre-peel. Like I mentioned earlier, I think whomevers interested in this Blue Peel should do a Google on it and alot of research as in any other treatment you may be interested in.

I read once that pore size is both genetic and directly tied to the size of the person's oil glands, and that their size cannot be permanently altered. I hate to believe that, but it sounds like it might be true.

Guest Tracy

I'm not absolutely certain because different things work for different people.

DCY: As far as I'm concerned, the Pure Deming Gel works best on pores, skin tone, and tightening and plumping the skin. Along with peels, this stuff is fantastic. I've been a product junkie for years and I believe that the Pure Deming Gel and peels are two of the best products for pores and tone.

I don't know if you are a boy or a girl, but I hate my pores too and have been looking into this. For the longest time, people would say there is just nothing we could do for pores. Nowadays my derm say they he has seen IPL and cooltouch help some people after many treatments but in other people there is no change.

One thing that can cause large pores is if you have too much testosterone. Some transvestites have reported finer skin after taking spirolactone to block testosterone. They also said their pores became smaller after they had laser surgery to remove facial hair.

I had an Obagi peel about 9 years ago; it was not the "blue" peel they are touting now, but basically the same TCA peel. I used the expensive Obagi products also. It did nothing for my pores and virtually nothing for my scars. I also was left with some white hypopigmented areas that looked awful. I definitely would not recommend this treatment! It was a waste of a lot of money.

hols

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
DCY:  As far as I'm concerned, the Pure Deming Gel works best on pores, skin tone, and tightening and plumping the skin.  Along with peels, this stuff is fantastic.  I've been a product junkie for years and I believe that the Pure Deming Gel and peels are two of the best products for pores and tone.

oh. it sounds interesting to me. i thought 100% TCA could reduce pore size ,too as i see no difference between a pore and a shallow scar treated with TCA . In addition to that, i believe TCA( maybe we should dilute it to 25 % ) can possibly erase pigment , freckles and stuffs. Have anyone tried ordering a 50 % TCA on e bay ? did it whiten your skin ? Alright .where can i get pure derming gel ? Is it expensive stuff?

actually most of our pores don't just come naturally . I think it has sth to do with our acnes . I just looked at myself in the mirror , most of those pores are actually scars ( I don't consider them to be scars because most ppl just think they are pores ) So do u think pure derming gel works on shallow scars ,too haha ^^