Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damn.forehead

Persistent forehead bumps

I 2 am also an accutane veteran and a current regimen user. alot of regimen users get these bumps. Im not sure if it is from how the BP works and stops the acne from becoming huge zits. Could be from the drying of the BP or a buildup Im not sure. maybe its not the BP at all either way its a need for exfoliation. I DO NOT think you should use a scrub at all. You mentioned the green cream and that might work well! I myself have seemed to keep these bumps under control with 10% AHA (Alpha Hydroxy enhanced lotion)

I see you order some BHA that is Salicylic acid if you didnt know. I personally do not like BHA it has never worked well with me and just to let you know it is not recommended to be used with BP. over irritating.

There is my 2 cents.

OH! and make sure you arent using a hair spray, gel or pomade on yoru bangs or around your forehead that could be causing it. I think that may have agrivated mine when it was at its worst possibly.

I 2 am also an accutane veteran and a current regimen user. alot of regimen users get these bumps. Im not sure if it is from how the BP works and stops the acne from becoming huge zits. Could be from the drying of the BP or a buildup Im not sure. maybe its not the BP at all either way its a need for exfoliation. I DO NOT think you should use a scrub at all. You mentioned the green cream and that might work well! I myself have seemed to keep these bumps under control with 10% AHA (Alpha Hydroxy enhanced lotion)

I see you order some BHA that is Salicylic acid if you didnt know. I personally do not like BHA it has never worked well with me and just to let you know it is not recommended to be used with BP. over irritating.

There is my 2 cents.

OH! and make sure you arent using a hair spray, gel or pomade on yoru bangs or around your forehead that could be causing it. I think that may have agrivated mine when it was at its worst possibly.

Hey, thanks for the advice! I have also ordered some AHA "souffle" which I'm going to try also (obviously I'm not going to try all these things at once, but I'll phase them in one at a time). I'm actually trying the AHA first, since it's the thing that arrived in the mail first (the Paula's Choice BHA stuff I ordered a few weeks ago and it still hasn't come!). I also never had much luck with salicylic acid in the past, but I'm going to give the Paula's Choice stuff a go anyway, since apparently the formulations in drug stores (which is all I'd tried before) aren't that good.

I don't use any hair products and I don't have any bangs. I try to keep my hair out of my face. I only wash it every other day, though, because otherwise it gets too dry...

Hmm ... so I've been using the Paula's Choice bha at night and the aha souffle in the morning for about 2-3 weeks. No progress on the acne, but my skin has been looking pretty nice otherwise. Gonna keep on going with this combination and then at some point try adding in Green Cream, to go on at night after the bha. Maybe that will help. Trying to be patient. Ugh.

Hmm ... so I've been using the Paula's Choice bha at night and the aha souffle in the morning for about 2-3 weeks. No progress on the acne, but my skin has been looking pretty nice otherwise. Gonna keep on going with this combination and then at some point try adding in Green Cream, to go on at night after the bha. Maybe that will help. Trying to be patient. Ugh.

Hey! I read through the post decently well so hopefully IM not repeading. This is all my opinion. I had/have these bumps too. I didnt have quite that many but I had a patch for a while. Now I only get a few here and there. 1st off Im not sure why anyone is suggesting Accutane again for these things thats crazy I dont even think the derm would do it. I agree they are closed comedones and not that melia stuff.

There is my 2 cents.

I would stop using the AHA just for now. My advice would be use the Paula's choice morning and evening, see if that speeds up the process. The AHA will exfoliate, but not inside the pore like the bha, just the very top layer of skin.