Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Tracy

MAC Studio Fix - Need Advice

Guest Tracy

Has this makeup broken anyone out?? I currently use a mixture of Botany 101 & Geografx mineral makeup, but the coverage is just not good enough to hide my red marks and hyperpig. I really want to try MAC Studio Fix, but I rarely break out anymore. I'd hate to purchase it and then discover it clogs pores, etc., yet I hear the coverage is amazing.

Can anyone share their experience with this makeup? Thanks.

I have MAC Studio Tech. It's pricey-- about $38. Only problem I have with it is, even though my skin is smooth, it flakes when I put it on, so lately, I've been skipping foundation altogether and just going to work with moisterizer. I just read the ingrediants and it seems to be made with a lot of oil....still, never made me breakout. I never look at makeup ingrediants, but makeup has never broken me out.

I know you were asking about Studio Fix, but I thought I'd tell you what I know...

Guest june

hey tracy......it didn't make me break out at all, the color was pretty good, i just didn't like the way it felt on my skin......it was to matte for me and i have dry skin which made it look pretty bad.....powder and foundation combo best for oily skin, large to med pores.....it does contain silica and talc which gives a smoother finish.....non-comedogenic, and long wearing.....i'm a laura mercier gal myself...:)

tracy, I tried MAC several years back. I remember it does my face oily after couple of hours, and also I developed skin colored bumps whenever I use it. I now use a mineral makeup and haven't had any problems.

I use Mac Studio Fix over a tiny bit of concealer in problem areas, even though many derms have told me to stay away from Mac. I like the way it looks unless my skin gets too dry and then yeah it looks cakey or flakey. So if you skin is soft enough, it would probably look good.

Jenn4-dex...interesting....dermatologists told you to stay away from MAC...thats pretty serious...they said its oil based??

can you please tell me what they suggested?

i never asked the derm what recommends.

MAC Studio Fix doesn't break me out. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure if something is going to break you out is to try it.

I've been using MAC studio fix, MAC blush, and eye shadow for over 8 years....never break me out at all.

but...everyone is different...I guess.

The derms didn't say why they don't recommend Mac, I didn't really ask. I had cystic acne and I really don't think the Mac had anything to do with that. I use it now again and my acne is under control, so I would go ahead and try it and see if you like it. You can order it on EBAY for like less than 1/2 the price but get your color matched at the counter first. I don't think makeup has all that much to do with acne, but of course I am sure it is better to wear nothing at all. I think it's just better to wear something that doesn't make your skin all greasy by the middle of the day. Good luck!

Guest Tracy

Well I just want something with more coverage than what I'm using now. I also don't want whatever I try to clog my pores. I think I'll go to a MAC counter and get a color match and then purchase it off of E-bay.....this way if it DOES break me out it wont be such a hardship $-wise.

Thanks everyone.

To be quite honest, I'm not really a fan of any Mac Face Makeup, it's either too oily or too cakey or the colors are off. I've also tried Lancome and Clinique to no avail. I now use Chanel Double Perfection Compact and its great! The only problem is that the darn compact costs 50 dollars...but i think its well worth it. It doesn't make me break out and it makes my skin look amazing. Everytime I wear it I feel confident that the powder will cover my flaws and stay put without caking or becoming oily.

I havent personally tried it, but i heard it's just as good as Chanel and costs significantly less is Dior SKin. Has anyone tried it?

Good Luck to all!

Janie

P.S. Chanel is really good about taking things back, even after several months, as long as you have not consumed over 50% of the product.