Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshua

SA + Differn = ????

im using SA wash in the morning and differin at night, im breaking out, ive been using different for about 2-3 weeks, is this the intial breakout? its pretty bad! or is it the combo of the two? i dont use BP cuz it doesnt get along with my skin well. but is this combo alright? is it gonna just exasterbate it worse? or????

I would assume this is the 'intial breakout.' Keep going with it.. Differin and other retinods can take several weeks to really show what they can do. Since BP is irritating to you, have you ever tried Sulfur? In any case, SA is fine too. Good luck and just stick through it =)

I was put on Eryacne and it didn't seem to work for me, so after a few months I was prescribed Differin. It took quite some time for me to to get a relatively 'pimple free' face but my face is definitely better than it was. I now get a few pimples, which is annoying, but it's better than it was. I have noticed a marked difference since I cut out mayonnaise (I used to have ALOT), chocolate and caffeinated soft drinks - so I'm not sure what was the biggest factor in helping to reduce the acne. I can't remember an initial breakout but most acne products seem to have them, so I'd say it would be similar with Differin. I never used any other products with the Differin.

dont worry SA and differen are fine together. in fact they probably compliment each other. at least that's what i've read.

I used Differin and SA together. Differin is great stuff, the first couple weeks my skin got really red (especially in the cheeks) and I had a couple bad zits, but by about 8 weeks I was nearly clear.