Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NJGUY

I'm a stuck with this the rest of my life?

Hello :dance: , I'm 21 years old, do not want to make this a long post so will keep it as blunt as possible,

Had acne since 15, at 18 it got severe very bad not exaggerating like most people do but it was horrible, went on accutane 80g twice 2 pills a day at one point, somewhat cleared me up after a year, but then came back worse after i was off the tane for about 6 months, went back on it a year and half later and it never seemed to help much, so stopped it did not want to suffer from all those side effects, which i think I'm suffering from some now.

I'm stuck with the worst acne scars possible, no surgery can help me or if i can will have to spend ALOT of money, when i was 17 i couldn't afford to visit a derm, but had try various products, otc creams and stuff b5- nothing seemed to work as my life seemed to slowly drift away, no friends no social events, nothing the same to this very day.

Soon as a turned 18 went and got myself a job, my goal was to work for a year save every penny and clear my acne then head to college, but that didn't go as planned. work money wasn't enough to keep up with the derm bills accutane, blood tests ect, i did not have insurance so that killed me, i had no other choice but to start charging all of this on credit card i recently got. After 2 accutane courses, so many derm visits,all the pills, creams, shots, treatments you name it, i have tried it, and nothing really worked. Words cant describe what i have been through the past 5 years, now 21 haven't gotten anything accomplished, 16,000 in credit card debt, :wall: (that's all attempt to clear my acne) total is 19,000.too top everything off i am still breaking out pretty bad, severely scared all over my face, still haven't cleared my acne.

I ask god and myself all the time, why so bad? i know it happens to most of us but why was i hit so bad? and like this for this long, and am i going to have this for the rest of my life?? Growing up i was always a healthy good looking kid or so i was told, first 3 years of high school years were great best years of my life, you know popular kid, knew everyone, went everywhere, irresistible with the ladies, not to brag lol, but everything was great, had my life planned out and what i wanted to do with it.But that all had changed dramatically, past 4 years i have been basically hiding out, no contact with friends, even family at times, scared really and giving up hope everyday,Honestly i know some of you if not all can relate to myself that's why I'm posting this. i have no chance with my acne scars they are severe acne scar huge indents,boxscars,icepicks,rolling scars,keloids, everything, still have red marks for the past 3 years, but my acne is still there, nothing has seemed to work.

At this point not sure what can help me, it really sucks when you see other people your age going out having fun, doing something but you? nothing, don't get me wrong i have tried hard with school and everything but just cant,its so hard and no one seems to understand!! I remember having cysts and HUGE white head filled pimples the size of a dime on my face several of them, Not wanting to even go outside to get the mail. i have no idea what to do, I'm i stuck with this for the rest of my life? am i going to be a loser living with my parents at the age of 35 with no wife and kids, whats going to happen to me? that's the route i see myself heading if this problem is not corrected and it continues,replies or questions are welcome thanks for reading my post and god bless.

Acne is not to blame for your lack of a fun and invigorating social life. Acne is not to blame if you turn out to be a lonely 35-year-old man living with your parents. And acne definitely isn't to blame for you feeling so sorry for yourself. You only have one life and it sounds like you've wasted a good chunk of it dealing with your frustration and sadness. I don't know you and I can't understand what you've been through but I do know that living the way you do will only set you further apart from your friends and family. My sisters fiance Rob has BAD acne scars from when he was a kid about 15 , and he just had his 35th birthday last month. Since he was a kid he has always been the life of the party. Everyone loves Rob because he's confident, smart, really funny and outgoing. He works out, he is incredibly gifted at sports, he's got a hot chick(my sis) and an adorable son. He has lived a great life and has never let his scars affect him in the least. He is a total inspiration for me and should be for other people who sit around and pout. Don't ask god why your skin is bad, ask him why there is disease, poverty, war, famine, and people with lives that are shit compared to yours. Now stand up and get busy because you've only one life and this is it!

I suppose you need to keep trying to find a treatment that will work for you.

I really wish I had some great advice but I havent suffered the way you have so I have no clue what to say.

You have to somehow push on with life and be hopeful that you'll meet someone who likes you for you and can see past acne.

There's a lot more to you than your acne.

Acne is not to blame for your lack of a fun and invigorating social life. Acne is not to blame if you turn out to be a lonely 35-year-old man living with your parents. And acne definitely isn't to blame for you feeling so sorry for yourself. You only have one life and it sounds like you've wasted a good chunk of it dealing with your frustration and sadness. I don't know you and I can't understand what you've been through but I do know that living the way you do will only set you further apart from your friends and family. My sisters fiance Rob has BAD acne scars from when he was a kid about 15 , and he just had his 35th birthday last month. Since he was a kid he has always been the life of the party. Everyone loves Rob because he's confident, smart, really funny and outgoing. He works out, he is incredibly gifted at sports, he's got a hot chick(my sis) and an adorable son. He has lived a great life and has never let his scars affect him in the least. He is a total inspiration for me and should be for other people who sit around and pout. Don't ask god why your skin is bad, ask him why there is disease, poverty, war, famine, and people with lives that are shit compared to yours. Now stand up and get busy because you've only one life and this is it!

you still pretty young at 21, you never know whats around the corner for real, so hang in there. ive had mild moderate/sometimes severe since i was 18 now im 26 and it has come and gone over the years now its probably at its worst. I know what you mean just staying in losing contact with friends and like you i used to be everywhere as well had the interest of the ladies and now, its honestly been eight years since ive had a girlfriend well i did get back with my high school ex for a couple months about three years ago so it wasnt a straight eight years but pretty much so, now ive got health insurance and its paying for all my meds, now i have a little more hope.

Everyones experiance with acne is goona be different and how it affects them mentally and their relationships, its the luck of the draw, but i want to say remind you that this really isnt your fault and really think about that, it will help.You did nothing to bring this upon yourself.

maybe there is something wrong with your acne that accutane cant fix this happens to a small percentage of people who constantly relapse, there may something wrong with their liver or some other gland, ive heard of people seeing endocrineologists to get tests maybe you could try this. get more help from your family, its hard but may be necessary, they love you and im sure they would understand.

Maybe it would be best to declare bankruptcy to clear your self of the debt as long as you are not going to buy a car or a house in your name in the next 5-7 years, what do you care? you just cleared of 16000.00 of debt. and the process may cost like 350.00 to have a lawyer do it, but i dont really know. Just having that off your mind will ease some of your stress.

Then from there i think you could get health insurance, ive got blue cross blue shield and ive managed to get them to cover all my acne costs.

the plan only costs me 52.00 a month and EVERY drug is covered but dependig on which route you take with your acne solution you may want different coverage so costs for you may be different. Watch what you tell them though or they will deny you coverage for the first year, to avoid this just dont tell them about any of your treatments going back for the past year, you may not want to mention you ever had it at all your medical records are private unless you give someone permission to access them, just ont give them any permission and deny it.

Dont know if any of this helps but it was woth a shot.

Hello :dance: , I'm 21 years old, do not want to make this a long post so will keep it as blunt as possible,

Had acne since 15, at 18 it got severe very bad not exaggerating like most people do but it was horrible, went on accutane 80g twice 2 pills a day at one point, somewhat cleared me up after a year, but then came back worse after i was off the tane for about 6 months, went back on it a year and half later and it never seemed to help much, so stopped it did not want to suffer from all those side effects, which i think I'm suffering from some now.

I'm stuck with the worst acne scars possible, no surgery can help me or if i can will have to spend ALOT of money, when i was 17 i couldn't afford to visit a derm, but had try various products, otc creams and stuff b5- nothing seemed to work as my life seemed to slowly drift away, no friends no social events, nothing the same to this very day.

Soon as a turned 18 went and got myself a job, my goal was to work for a year save every penny and clear my acne then head to college, but that didn't go as planned. work money wasn't enough to keep up with the derm bills accutane, blood tests ect, i did not have insurance so that killed me, i had no other choice but to start charging all of this on credit card i recently got. After 2 accutane courses, so many derm visits,all the pills, creams, shots, treatments you name it, i have tried it, and nothing really worked. Words cant describe what i have been through the past 5 years, now 21 haven't gotten anything accomplished, 16,000 in credit card debt, :wall: (that's all attempt to clear my acne) total is 19,000.too top everything off i am still breaking out pretty bad, severely scared all over my face, still haven't cleared my acne.

I ask god and myself all the time, why so bad? i know it happens to most of us but why was i hit so bad? and like this for this long, and am i going to have this for the rest of my life?? Growing up i was always a healthy good looking kid or so i was told, first 3 years of high school years were great best years of my life, you know popular kid, knew everyone, went everywhere, irresistible with the ladies, not to brag lol, but everything was great, had my life planned out and what i wanted to do with it.But that all had changed dramatically, past 4 years i have been basically hiding out, no contact with friends, even family at times, scared really and giving up hope everyday,Honestly i know some of you if not all can relate to myself that's why I'm posting this. i have no chance with my acne scars they are severe acne scar huge indents,boxscars,icepicks,rolling scars,keloids, everything, still have red marks for the past 3 years, but my acne is still there, nothing has seemed to work.

At this point not sure what can help me, it really sucks when you see other people your age going out having fun, doing something but you? nothing, don't get me wrong i have tried hard with school and everything but just cant,its so hard and no one seems to understand!! I remember having cysts and HUGE white head filled pimples the size of a dime on my face several of them, Not wanting to even go outside to get the mail. i have no idea what to do, I'm i stuck with this for the rest of my life? am i going to be a loser living with my parents at the age of 35 with no wife and kids, whats going to happen to me? that's the route i see myself heading if this problem is not corrected and it continues,replies or questions are welcome thanks for reading my post and god bless.

You know yourself you are the only one that can change your life....your out of school now, people are different. I have one friend with severe acne and no one ever makes fun of it etc, we are all in our 20's now and past that kind of thing. He never seems to hold him back and he nevermentions it....I don't know what his confidence trick is but you don't want a life wasted and theres no miracle cure so please dont hibernate for the next year, make 2007 differen!

I am also 21 and have recently come to accept the fact that I will probably be single for the rest of my life, for similiar reasons as you. It does really suck when that reality sets in but all you can do is accept it and move on. I know that is much easier said than done but the way I saw it was that I didn't have a choice, I'm not about to kill myself so I pushed on. I choose to look at some of the positive aspects of being single such as the freedom that comes with not being tied down having to support children. I will be able to spend my money on myself. At the moment I work at a supermarket so im not exactly rolling in the big bucks but I do plan on getting a better paying Job hopefully something in the construction feild. Even if im only making $50,000 a year ill still be able to save up for a down payment on a house in a decent neighborhhood and buy a high end car shit like that. Oh yes and im not gonna want to go for the rest of my life without sex so at the moment im entertaining the idea of hiring prostitutes once or twice a week. I know that may sound grimy but i think it will help keep my sanity. Best of luck to you

Guest Ryan_V

Dude i can relate. Fortunately though i havent been hit with scarring, and hopefully will not. But i can feel you, with how it seems like youve lost your life from this. It sucks being an attractive guy, and then it all turning on you huh?

All i can say to you is, dont give up. Whatever you do. dont give up man. Keep fighting and looking for a solution. Stay persistant. Persistance is the key.

Dude I'm right there with you. Every day the first thought that comes to my mind when I wake up is "....FUCK." Just today my derm ordered me to take a break off of my accutane course because i was ditching school (I'm really giving serious consideration to dropping out.... I'm a senior in highschool with 1 semester left), crying spells, etc. I too was a good looking kid and back in middle school / the beginning of highschool I really had it made. I was considered the lucky guy. Anyway not that I'm bragging because things have gradually gotten worse and worse and these scars I have I seriously can't deal with. I'm not sure what happened but all I know is that there is nothing i can do about it and I'm alive. And you know what? I still go out and have a good time with my friends because i know they dont give a shit. They still call me to hang out, we party a lot (beer pong is a fantastic game) and im sure that you too can find people that will look past your faults and accept you for who you are. Anyhow I wish you good luck as I too am still trying to find a way so that when i look in the mirror i don't feel like shattering it.

Hope all is well soon.