Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bentkarnes

a stronger bp aquagel???

since i am a student, i cant really afford $60 extra a month for facial products so i decided to get the cheaper stuff. Its called PanOxyl , it comes in 3 times the size for only 1 dollar more and shopers drug mart in canada. however, the lowest % they have is 5. is it smart to do this? i used the 'on the spot' 2.5% for about 2.5 weeks ad everything was fine, but this auqugel goes on MUCH better and works MUCH better with moisterizer. But is it worth going to 5%? of course i am starting to get really dry skin again, lots of flaking, the weather isnt helping either i bet. ANYWAY, is it ok to go to 5% bp aquagel for my face??? or should i stick to 2.5%???

no it didn't. It is much easier on my skin than the on the spot (less irritation, flakiness and dryness).

having said that, if u are new to BP u have to start slowly, apply only a thin layer for a week or so. If your skin is used to the 2.5 BP than u should be ok

Blundey - Umm..5% less irratating than 2.5%? don't think so, hehe

I'm sure 5% BP will be okay, depending on your skin-type. In the "Acne Cure," the author recommends 2.5-5% BP. I'd say go for it, unless your skin is super sensitive. You may want to work yourself up, by only applying it at night for the first week.

it is less irritating because unlike the on-the-spot, it does not contain bentonite. furthermore, it is a water based gel, not a cream (u dont have to rub the sucker in so vigorously to absorb)

I'm using Panoxyl Aquagel 5% and it's working a lot better than the On-the-Spot I used to use. I only use it once a day, in the evening. In the morning, I only wash and moisturize. I find that if I use it twice a day, it's way too drying for my skin, which becomes very red and hurts and dries up like a desert. But since it's 5%, I can use it only at night and have it clear my acne, then the during the day I can let my poor skin rest a bit. I only have a pimple once in a while, whereas I used to have moderate acne up until two months ago! Now, if I could only get rid of those red marks...

Guest fatman_uk

Panoxyl less drying than On-The Spot, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Never thought i'd hear someone say THAT. biggrin.gif

-Gaz

DANG! LOL!

I m not saying that panoxil is less drying. I've never used that brand.

I AM saying I use a 5% BP gel (made by kaiser permanente) that is FAR less drying than the neutrogena crap.

bentkarnes, PanOxyl do bp in 2.5% in the UK:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/product_26...53_PAN140F.html

try to find out if it's available in Canada as well. Personally, I've incorporated 5% into my regime as a spot treatment after applying 2.5% all over as a preventative measure. It's working very well so far except that the areas where I use 5% are extremely dry and flaky.

Guest fatman_uk
DANG!   LOL!

I m not saying that panoxil is less drying. I've never used that brand.  

I AM saying I use a 5% BP gel (made by kaiser permanente) that is FAR less drying than the neutrogena crap.