Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne12390

Girls are not attracted to acne scars

Whatever douchebag started this thread needs to get a reality check, hot girls date guys with acne and scars all the time, it's the other way around thats the problem. I have girlfriends who date guys with acne and nobody thinks twice about it but when a girl with acne or scars dates an attractive guy with nice skin everyone notices, even myself. I think guys with scars are hotter especially if they carry themselves well because in most cases they're more intriguing people. But honestly I think a ton of guys on here would think twice about dating a girl with bad skin. So quit feeling sorry for yourself and quit stereotyping women

I would date a guy who had acne scarring in a heartbeat. And I guess i'm pretty attractive.

The thing is........what about GIRLS with acne scarring??? (such as myself) Would you date them???

Lets face it, their is a MUCH more likely chance for a great girl to date a scarred guy than a great guy dating a scarred girl. : (

The current object of my affection has acne scars and honestly I didn't even notice until he mentioned that he had suffered from a skin problem. Sho' nuff - there are scars over his cheeks but I hadn't noticed because of his other great qualities. Even with his scarring he is still gorgeous to me and from what I can tell many other women too. All my female friends think he is great. So really, its about the whole package.

BTW - to the guy that is gonna ask out 10 girls to rebuild his confidence - thats the fastest way to lose it. Asking at 10 people indiscriminately smacks of desperation and there are few things less attractive than a desperate guy.

Yeah, my mom's friend was very pretty (and still is) when she was young & she married her husband when he was MORE than fat. He's had gastric bypass & lost weight, but for most of their marriage he was obese & she still loved him & they are a happy couple. He also a really confident, nice, smart, and well groomed man.

Ok, well my friend's grandma married an obese man of about 1,000 pounds, and he orders her around and at one time (one time as far as she knows) had oral sex with another woman. So what's your point? Obese people are people. Some are good, some are bad...

I always think guys with acne and acne scars are never getting a pretty girl. But i saw one girl who was pretty damn hot with clear skin dating a guy with severe, and i said severe acne all over his face. He was kissing her a lot and seem confident too, so i guess she falled for his confident or maybe he was funny and blah blah cuz i saw them in the mall.

One other guy i saw was the owner of a club with bad acne scars on his cheeks and some on his forehead , he doesn't look really good but very manly looking. And his gf is hot too, don't get it wrong. Her ex was rich and buying her stuff, paying everything for her, she didn't have to work at all but i guess she falled for this one guy not because of money but because for who he is.

I don't know, you should just be yourself and do all the shit u like, flirt, be funny and someone will look past the acne scars.

This is how I look at my very bad scars.....I know they are bad BUT I still carry on life close to the way I would even if I didnt have them. Its wierd because when I go to school I dont even think about my face that much and if I do I view it as "not that bad". I avoid mirrors as to they would shoot dowm my view of myself. I also view my scars as something cool like from a movie or something! lol I view myself as a " bad guy" and view myself as an evil BUT cool person....thats just me

LOL I do the same thing! not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm 6 ft 3 and muscular from going to the gym twice a week. My friends say it's so damn intimidating to have me stare at them from certain angles just because of my scars! badass evil cool people ftw!

but even then, who cares? honestly I was talking to my girlfriend about acne scars and attraction, and she told me that physical appearence isn't even half of the attraction-equation: confidence and attitude are much larger factors.

Hey guys, I'm back. First I'd like to respond to these 2 questions..

1) As mentioned before, no matter how you look like, and how big you are, race, etc...

This shouldn't matter, as confidence OUTWEIGHS these characteristics.

So I can be 1000 pounder, and if I make good jokes, have a good personality, I'm sure I'd find a wife pretty easily.

There ya go.

The current object of my affection has acne scars and honestly I didn't even notice until he mentioned that he had suffered from a skin problem. Sho' nuff - there are scars over his cheeks but I hadn't noticed because of his other great qualities. Even with his scarring he is still gorgeous to me and from what I can tell many other women too. All my female friends think he is great. So really, its about the whole package.

BTW - to the guy that is gonna ask out 10 girls to rebuild his confidence - thats the fastest way to lose it. Asking at 10 people indiscriminately smacks of desperation and there are few things less attractive than a desperate guy.

To be honest , i've seen guys with acne scars or just acne that isnt severe but mild-moderate and it didnt bother me alot , i still though of them as hot or cute guys , and strangly..i think it makes them look cuter..iam odd lol.

Edit: but i would like to know would you guys find girls with acne scars or acne attractive ?

Yes I would fine girls with acne scars or acne attractive. To me acne isnt all that bad. If you look good then acne isnt going to make you look ugly. Just think of some celebirty girl or guy thats really hot and imagine acne on them. They still would look very very good just not as good as they would without it.

I've scene guys who looked like a mess get good lookin girls, but not to discourage you, me or any1 else, to be honest I've scene the worst lookin guys with good lookin girls, but i've NEVER scene a guy with acne have a girl.
Theres this guy I liked soooo much and he had acne... and red stuff (thats scarring rite) I have a little of that too but it gets covered up by foundation...

oh im taking this vitamin for your skin and i think it helps with scars

Theres this guy I liked soooo much and he had acne... and red stuff (thats scarring rite) I have a little of that too but it gets covered up by foundation...

oh im taking this vitamin for your skin and i think it helps with scars

vitamin b5?

anyway I won't lie some people are superficial but truthfully not all girls. A girl asked me out and I have extremly bad scarring in fact today I just had some laser done that's how BAD my scarring is. I don't think it's all about the looks, but I'm not lying and saying your looks don't matter at all. but like all things everything depends on the person. There are some that don't care and some that care about your face. let's face it you can't change that. But obviously everyone has something else that makes them stand out to the girl. Maybe you are tall maybe you're muscular. Maybe you are funny. Maybe you and that girl just has a lot in common. WHATEVER it is, there is more than appearance, but for those people that don't have scars I guess it's hard to force them to understand because you never will unless you are in that situation. I used to have good skin and I never understood anything about having bad skin. I didn't know how BAD it was to have people look at you. But some things happen. And the fact is we all wish we were perfect and hot but that ain't happening anytime soon sadly.

acne scars definately keep girls away. i member having nice skin and had sooooo much better luck with women. but now with the acne scars thats not true anymore. sure every now and then ill find someone that seems to see through the scars, or someone that i have a lot in common with....but for the most part, dating is a thing of the past for me....until i get fraxel!! hopefully. also, confidence, and hygeine, and personality play a big role in attracting people, but as soon as your in a room with a bunch of smooth skinned, chiseled featured dudes, you might as well cry out puddles in front of the ladies because confidence isnt going to get you anywhere. this of course only applys to bad scarring, not mild

I would like to add that acne scars become somewhat less of an issue as you get older.

I'm now 28 and suffered from mild to severe acne when I was younger and it seriously affected me with women. It was gutting being a good looking guy with scars. I still get acne a bit.

Anyway, for a 28year old guy with scars you soon end up forgetting about them. Scars just become less of an issue in your life. Im not saying that just to make people feel better its the truth. They have affected me greatly in the past.

They soon get mixed in with the fine lines and what you learn is that confidence is the key with women.

Women look for a guy who's going somewhere in his life. Ambition, confidence, independence . Looks soon go down the pecking order of what they want.

Whatever douchebag started this thread needs to get a reality check, hot girls date guys with acne and scars all the time, it's the other way around thats the problem. I have girlfriends who date guys with acne and nobody thinks twice about it but when a girl with acne or scars dates an attractive guy with nice skin everyone notices, even myself. I think guys with scars are hotter especially if they carry themselves well because in most cases they're more intriguing people. But honestly I think a ton of guys on here would think twice about dating a girl with bad skin. So quit feeling sorry for yourself and quit stereotyping women

Acne and acne scars are off-putting, and degrade your overall "hottness." For example, there's a beautiful Kirsten Dunst look-a-like at my local grocery store. I want to ask her out, but I don't like that she has acne. It's just unacceptable to me, my parents, and my friends. I'm a firm-believer that acne can be controlled, and from the looks of it, she's not doing anything about it (because it's gotten progressively worse over the past couple weeks).

I don't want a girl that practices poor hygiene. Who knows what else she's got. Probably pussy cottage cheese.

Guest dingybobstuart
Acne and acne scars are off-putting, and degrade your overall "hottness." For example, there's a beautiful Kirsten Dunst look-a-like at my local grocery store. I want to ask her out, but I don't like that she has acne. It's just unacceptable to me, my parents, and my friends. I'm a firm-believer that acne can be controlled, and from the looks of it, she's not doing anything about it (because it's gotten progressively worse over the past couple weeks).

I don't want a girl that practices poor hygiene. Who knows what else she's got. Probably pussy cottage cheese.

The internet is easy to use, which is good, but it also means that any dolt can use the internet to express their dolt opinions about the link between acne and "pussy cottage cheese."

Besides, cottage cheese is good for you!

Ok, gross. But speaking of changing the topic... there is a girl at my university who I think is stunning. I remember last year she had quite bad acne, but I still thought she was hot. This year she has visible scarring on her cheeks but it honestly does not detract from her level of attractiveness, at least not to me.

So that's for all the girls who think that their scars make them unattractive. Sorry. You're only unattractive if you're unattractive, not if you have scars. Besides, if a guy doesn't like you because of your scars, then he is unworthy anyways. That's the truth!

As for girls not being into guys with scars, I think thats bull too. I see hot girls and guys with scars lots. I'm not sayin scars don't matter but I think confidence matters about a billion times more. Being mopey is just dopey. Why would anyone want to be with someone who doesn't wouldn't want to be with themself? Doesn't make sense to me.

Haha, easier said than done though. I'm pretty shy to begin with, and acne over the years has done a number on my confidence.

Let me tell you something very odd, yet wonderful. This was waaay back then when my acne was much worst than what I have today, they were horrible and embarassing. Red dots on cheeks, forehead, chin, but I always tried my best not to let them bother me, even though sometimes it really did. Then, one day I was told something really, really surprising. This guy named *John (I'm not giving out his real name) told my friend that he liked me. I was reaaaally surprised because I really doubted any guys would like me that way with my stupid red face. So while hanging out one day with John and a couple of his friends, his friend asked me bluntly "Why do you have so much pimples?" ...I was so embarassed in the inside (!!), but I kept my cool on the outside so I just told him "well, my father use to have them so I guess I caught his genes?" Well, John overheard this and you know what he said to his friend? He said "I think they make her look sexy, unlike you, who can't even carry a mosquito bite without looking stupid." I was so surprised and touched at what he said! I mean, even till this day I still ponder about what I have done to attract a man even with all those dots, and I'm quite positive that confidence has a lot to do with it. And see, there are people out there who look pass your skin.

i hate to sound so pessimistic but lets face reality you guys. No girl in her right mind is willingly accepting of men with holes on their faces. Maybe i am exaggerating somewhat with the holes thing but you get my point. I have horrible acne scarring on my temples as well as my cheeks. The best thing for you to do is just accept the fact you may not ever be in a relationship. Yes, I know the shock of this revelation may disturb you at first but with time you'll gradually come to accept the injustices we are plagued with.

it kills me to know how unfortunate we are because of scars. i know without these damned things on our faces screwing up our lives we could be so happy. WHO THE HELL LIKES SCARS..

well, i gotta keep my head up high despite my feelings and not dwell on the fact this is the hand i was dealt with.

it would be a dream to live in a world where girls weren't so superficial. it's funny to think i had the right to assume these scars wouldn't be a detracting flaw when girls saw me.

before you say "not all girls are superficial" yes.. i agree to some extent. the discrepancy here is the non-superficial girls either are unattractive but have good hearts or might very well have acne scars themselves so they can relate.

the attractive girls date clear skinned men, attractive models, maybe even the average guy with a great personality. Yet the day i come across a beautiful woman dating an acne suffering, scar suffering, blemished prone man is the day hell freezes.

i don't like saying this but sometimes the truth must be told so others understand. of course it would be absolutely fantastic if humans weren't so superficial. unfortunately this isn't the case so we must stay strong. there is more to life than love.

thanks for reading what i have wrote, i had to let this off my chest.

I really didnt read your whole post (i cant...must be ADD...lol) but i think i caught the gist of it. So you think all girls dont like guys with scars?? I mean, it sucks that guys dont have the advantage of covering them up with makeup really, but then again guys can be more judgmental than girls when it comes to that kind of thing. I have liked many guys with acne/acne scars. I can see past the acne (im not talking about just their personality, i mean looks too)...maybe because i myself have acne (although under control now) so i know how it feels.

Ok my point is, scars dont bother me. Unless they take up the whole face like burns and are actual holes. I mean, and im not even saying i wouldnt date someone with massive holes if i really liked them. Im just saying i would be less attracted to guys with severe damage. I am equally as attracted to someone who has clear skin or acne....if you're fine you're fine. lol. acne aint gonna stop that!!

wow i ramble so much.