Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne12390

Girls are not attracted to acne scars

i hate to sound so pessimistic but lets face reality you guys. No girl in her right mind is willingly accepting of men with holes on their faces. Maybe i am exaggerating somewhat with the holes thing but you get my point. I have horrible acne scarring on my temples as well as my cheeks. The best thing for you to do is just accept the fact you may not ever be in a relationship. Yes, I know the shock of this revelation may disturb you at first but with time you'll gradually come to accept the injustices we are plagued with.

it kills me to know how unfortunate we are because of scars. i know without these damned things on our faces screwing up our lives we could be so happy. WHO THE HELL LIKES SCARS..

well, i gotta keep my head up high despite my feelings and not dwell on the fact this is the hand i was dealt with.

it would be a dream to live in a world where girls weren't so superficial. it's funny to think i had the right to assume these scars wouldn't be a detracting flaw when girls saw me.

before you say "not all girls are superficial" yes.. i agree to some extent. the discrepancy here is the non-superficial girls either are unattractive but have good hearts or might very well have acne scars themselves so they can relate.

the attractive girls date clear skinned men, attractive models, maybe even the average guy with a great personality. Yet the day i come across a beautiful woman dating an acne suffering, scar suffering, blemished prone man is the day hell freezes.

i don't like saying this but sometimes the truth must be told so others understand. of course it would be absolutely fantastic if humans weren't so superficial. unfortunately this isn't the case so we must stay strong. there is more to life than love.

thanks for reading what i have wrote, i had to let this off my chest.

ok my thoughts on this are mixed but honest. Im glad to see your a realist, this is how I am too. Even though lately I've been thinking of the good in myself and have been thinking if a girl doesn't accept me its her loss, well thats also bullshit too because alot of girls IMO would rather take a guy who is more of a jerk type because he's the perfect guy to take home to mom and dad or friends.

Lemme tell you not all girls are superficial. I've scene alot of guys who you would feel bad for and think they can't get any girls with good lookin girls who were out of their league, and no these guys weren't rich, they were just confident, and they put me to shame.

But I will be real, I wanna get married and what not and wish to have a family of my own and a son, but I dont apply myself. I dont apply myself for a few reasons, 1 is im not confident, and two is I dont know if I can find some1 who would put up with me. Im too laid back and I haven't yet peeked yet in success, im planning on it and working for it but hasn't happened yet.

I've been thinking lately lets be real, im an underdog and right now chances are better that I'll be single and living in an apartment my whole life. Well this sux and its not what i want, but hey you know what, I'd have more money and enough to enjoy myself if im single.

I will be real, I lack alot of things girl find attractive. no girl wants an underdog, lets face it.

Heres the options, you can get a girl, but i'll be real its harder to get a girl when you have had acne problems.

you can go for a girl who is the nerdy or fat girl type that you know guys aren't going to go for.

Or you can be alone but hey you'll have more money.

I've scene guys who looked like a mess get good lookin girls, but not to discourage you, me or any1 else, to be honest I've scene the worst lookin guys with good lookin girls, but i've NEVER scene a guy with acne have a girl.

On top of other turn offs i have, acne was the knockout blow.

i hate to sound so pessimistic but lets face reality you guys. No girl in her right mind is willingly accepting of men with holes on their faces. Maybe i am exaggerating somewhat with the holes thing but you get my point. I have horrible acne scarring on my temples as well as my cheeks. The best thing for you to do is just accept the fact you may not ever be in a relationship. Yes, I know the shock of this revelation may disturb you at first but with time you'll gradually come to accept the injustices we are plagued with.

it kills me to know how unfortunate we are because of scars. i know without these damned things on our faces screwing up our lives we could be so happy. WHO THE HELL LIKES SCARS..

well, i gotta keep my head up high despite my feelings and not dwell on the fact this is the hand i was dealt with.

it would be a dream to live in a world where girls weren't so superficial. it's funny to think i had the right to assume these scars wouldn't be a detracting flaw when girls saw me.

before you say "not all girls are superficial" yes.. i agree to some extent. the discrepancy here is the non-superficial girls either are unattractive but have good hearts or might very well have acne scars themselves so they can relate.

the attractive girls date clear skinned men, attractive models, maybe even the average guy with a great personality. Yet the day i come across a beautiful woman dating an acne suffering, scar suffering, blemished prone man is the day hell freezes.

i don't like saying this but sometimes the truth must be told so others understand. of course it would be absolutely fantastic if humans weren't so superficial. unfortunately this isn't the case so we must stay strong. there is more to life than love.

Well who's being superficial - who just wants the clear skinned beautiful girl?

On another note, I was going out with a guy who had bad acne scarring, and I fell madly in love with him, couldn't help myself. He was just such a beautiful person.

So the lesson there is - work on your soul - and girls will fall in love with you regardless!

Oh yeah and I shoud add he now has another girlfriend will probably marry her and me letting him go is the biggest regret of my life.

Guys like that are rare - acne or no acne!

you haven't seen a scarred face like mine then. People think about all mild stuff, come have a look at mine and tell me you arne't put off a little bit.

agree with whats bin said here, at moment i dont see myself ever being in a relationship with anyone with the way things are going :|. Met with a girl off myspace who seemed nice, but since i met in person, no responce, says it all really :( im really really not happy with my life at the moment, im really trying to improve it but i feel im getting no where, i hate how i look.
agree with whats bin said here, at moment i dont see myself ever being in a relationship with anyone with the way things are going :|. Met with a girl off myspace who seemed nice, but since i met in person, no responce, says it all really :( im really really not happy with my life at the moment, im really trying to improve it but i feel im getting no where, i hate how i look.

Sorry to hear that Adam. :(

I really don't think you're unattractive or something, on the contrary. And I bet you have a great personality. So screw that girl if she couldn't see the best in you. I'm sure you'll find the right girl for you, who will appreciate you. Just be confident and keep your head up ;)

Lets keep in mind here guys that there is more to you than your scaring. Women do not date your acne scars they date you. There is so many more things, and much more important things about scars than you. If a girl thought you had a great personality, and were a wonderful person how much of an influence do you think the scars would make? You can't control whether certain girls are going to like you, nor can you control how many will be put off by your scars. But if you're true to yourself, and be the person that you want to be without worrying about the acne scars or what others think of you I bet you'll come across women that find you attractive. Or you could just stick to the self fullfilling prophecy that all women find you unattractive and you are unworthy of a relationship.

Lets keep in mind here guys that there is more to you than your scaring. Women do not date your acne scars they date you. There is so many more things, and much more important things about scars than you. If a girl thought you had a great personality, and were a wonderful person how much of an influence do you think the scars would make? You can't control whether certain girls are going to like you, nor can you control how many will be put off by your scars. But if you're true to yourself, and be the person that you want to be without worrying about the acne scars or what others think of you I bet you'll come across women that find you attractive. Or you could just stick to the self fullfilling prophecy that all women find you unattractive and you are unworthy of a relationship.
you haven't seen a scarred face like mine then. People think about all mild stuff, come have a look at mine and tell me you arne't put off a little bit.

Sorry to hear that Adam. :(

I really don't think you're unattractive or something, on the contrary. And I bet you have a great personality. So screw that girl if she couldn't see the best in you. I'm sure you'll find the right girl for you, who will appreciate you. Just be confident and keep your head up ;)

your right there are more important things then the scaring, but they have to get past it first. Whats the first thing u notice when u see or meet someone? how they look/appear. Most people are gonna be put of by a face full of scaring they would rather talk to someone who was more 'normal' .

i have scarring, and i have a hot girlfriend, as well as a couple of other attractive women who like me at the moment. i guess my scaring was a turn off for some, but ive always been able to date attractive women.

I would date a guy who had acne scarring in a heartbeat. And I guess i'm pretty attractive.

The thing is........what about GIRLS with acne scarring??? (such as myself) Would you date them???

Lets face it, their is a MUCH more likely chance for a great girl to date a scarred guy than a great guy dating a scarred girl. : (

I would date a guy who had acne scarring in a heartbeat. And I guess i'm pretty attractive.

The thing is........what about GIRLS with acne scarring??? (such as myself) Would you date them???

Lets face it, their is a MUCH more likely chance for a great girl to date a scarred guy than a great guy dating a scarred girl. : (

Guest T-Virus

I know a guy who has quite a lot of scarring on his face from a dog attack. And he's a chick magnet :P But I guess it's different with acne scars. In fact I have a picture of him :whistle: But it's a bad quality one so...

Go read some dating books.

You'll see that the beauty of a man, doesn't really matter if you got PLAYER SKILLS.

Dress nicely, shave, drink water, be healthy, do your HAIR.

ACT CONFIDENT, CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY.;

I'll tell you a little story at school, on the last day.

first off, im not the most attractive guy, and I def have some acne scars.

secondly, we were in a group of people just chillin and stuff, and there were 3 gurls.

i noticed that all these boys they were talking to were popular but werent confident

so I decided to take over the conversation, making jokes, giggling, smiling, acting 110% confident.

when i was walking down the hallways, the gurls saw me again, and i can hear them saying who is that guy blah blah, then theyre like his name is " ", and now they always flirt with me.

just saying that it's you who thinks ACNE SCARS are what find men attractive.

the truth is, sure if you look good, it's easy to get gurls.

its equally as easy once you develop and show your confidence.

the first second you talk to the gurl, you must come off as confident, you run the convo.

I'd have to agree with the people that have pointed out that you seem somewhat superficial yourself :whistle: maybe I'm wrong.

You're complaining that all the attractive girls are too superficial to go out with someone with scars and that all the ones who don't mind about your scars are too unattractive for you.. Do you not think that those 'unattractive' girls feel the same hurt that you do about being perceived only by how they look? Maybe you should try getting to know them for who they are, you never know.. maybe you'll realise that they're actually a lot more fun to be around than you might imagine.

Anyway, I disagree that most girls are put off by scarring. Yes, some some select few may shun you because of your skin but they'd be the ones I'd actually pity for being so closed-minded. Fuck them. I believe people that shallow to not even give someone a chance because of their skin are actually in the very small minority.

It's not impossible to get into a relationship if you have scars, no matter how severe. I've seen people with severe scarring who have partners, if they can do it so can you.. If your personality is attractive then people will look past the skin and find you attractive as a person, regardless of whether you have scarring.

There's not one person I know of who would reject someone purely because they have scars. And I for one would actually prefer to be with a guy with less than perfect skin. Give me two versions of the same guy, one clear skinned the other with scars, I'll take the scarred one please.

Most girls just want someone who treats them well. And like exalted said, confidence is key here, not your skin.

Really, the majority of people don't give a damn whether you have scars, but if you let yourself believe that the scars are preventing you from being with anybody and always hold a negative view about getting with someone then people will be put off by the insecurity, not the scars themselves.

Heidi Klum / Seal. There is hope.

yes I know his are from a disease but isn't that what acne is?

Scars are scars - don't count yourself out man!

I can't add more because everyone above me gave such great advice.