Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayC

My finished Accutane Journal....pics added.

babygrand, you seem like a very interesting person and im glad you wrote in my journal. It seems like the people on this message board are my only real friends out there. I still havent seen my friends in almost 7 months now. It's crazy, but whatever.

I must say my skin is doing excellent. This is my 13 week. And i have nothing. My redmarks are fading week by week. I will be clear soon, i know it. Hopefully by the end of March i can catch up with my buddies again with a 100% clear face.

Babygrand you say you have been on accutane before. Couple questions:

What age did you start getting acne?

Was your skin oily or dry?

and how long after accutane did you acne come back?

oh and my beginning stages of accutane were fucking horrible. My face was raped. Whiteheads every morning, huge cysts. It seems like everything after Week 10 is just the healing phase - getting rid of the redmarks. Around Christmas is when I noticed the biggest results.

btw, im gonna read your journal now.

hi guys,

my 1st month on accuatne will end in to in 3 days, (that was 40 mgs every 12 hrs )

now, i can only get my second apointment to see my derm in 7 days,so he can perscribe me my second month dosage....then i have to get my blood test, wich maybe they will get the results after 2 or 3 days...

so in total that about 10 days....

my face is currently clear of any pimples and marks....

so thats a whole 10 days not taken any medication....will this make me break out or...???

until i get my 2nd month meds....

how will this effect me ?

my acne was not that sever but it came every winter , if you want to see my pic look in the gallery section, on the second page " my name is montreal, i think i named the pics "ugly" its the top one ( nasty )

anyway i have to wait becouse i was only able to get my appointment then..so i have about 10 days until i get my new dosage and meds....so thats 10 days not taken anything...will my acne get worse or..??????

i've completed one month of taken 40 mgs...

anyway what about yoruself, how is yoru skin...is this yoru first tiem on accutane ?

Babygrand.....

This is how i started

10mg for one week

20mg for second week

40mg for third week

60mg for 1 month

80mg till end of treatment.

my acne was not that sever but it came every winter /

This is exactly what happened to me after I cleared up. My first time getting acne was winter my freshman year, then it finally cleared up fall of junior year, now it is back in the winter of junior year, causing me to go on accutane. Does anyone know why this happens, breakouts during the winter?

- WEEK 15 -

HOLY SHIT...i havent been to this message board in like 2 weeks. Thats like a freakin record for me. I used to be on here like every 30 minutes.

Well i guess the main reason is that my face has been zitless for quite some time now. Redmarks are fading really well too now. I can go out now and feel good about myself again - its great.

I basically have 2 more months to go. So like begining of May. Looking forward to having a good summer and shit.

Congrats dude.

Are the red marks fading because of time or because of something else you are doing? I am kinda in the same situation as you are but have red marks.

aww thanks whoknows thats really sweet of you to say that! biggrin.gif

I really dont know whats helping to face my redmarks guys. But the products i use are an aloe vera lotion and a tea tree oil facial wash. They could be just fading because its been quite a long time now. I dunno. My best advice to all of you guys and girls is stick to what your doing right now. Dont let people on here tell you on this message board how to treat your skin. Everyone is different. Im using products no one ever mentioned on here, and im clear. So hang in there.

WELL ONE MORE MONTH LEFT. IM SO HAPPY. its been a ruff couple months with the dry skin and garbage, and its finally gonna come to an end in 4 weeks. I have a feeling by that time my red marks will be practically gone, or you will be able to see them if you are up close to me. On top of that once you go of accutane, your overall redness on ur face decreases, therefore then wont look so noticable.

Ever since i started clearing, i hardly use this message board as much as i used to. If you have any questions at all about accutane, i can try and help you out.

I'll update again in a couple weeks.

2 weeks left till im done.

These days coming to the end of my treatment are taking so long. I just cant wait till im off accutane and the overall redness decreases. My face is 100% clear, except for a few redmarks. Im glad i went on Accutane when i did cause now i have my whole summer to relax and stuff. I doubt i will be coming back to this message board anymore. Unless im bored and wanna help some of your guys questions.

my advice for all u you accutane users is to stick to what ur doing from the day you started accutane - like ur routine. I know half way through treament redmarks will begin to annoy you and you will try a bunch of methods to help it out. Just dont change anything and you will be alright.

Pointers....

- MAKE SURE YOU GET THE PROPER DOSAGE. A NICE HIGH ONE BASED ON UR WEIGHT.

- DRINK TONS OF WATER.

- DONT EVER TOUCH UR FACE.

- MAKE HEALTHIER FOOD CHOICES - NO JUNKFOOD.

- CHANGE UR PILLLOW CASE OFTEN.

- DONT OVERWASH YOUR FACE.

- IF YOU HAVE FOREHEAD ACNE, DONT USE GEL. ITS GREASY.

- ALOE VERA LOTION WILL HELP REMOVE SOME REDNESS.

- TRY AND CUT DOWN UR CAFFIENE INTAKE.

- MAKE SURE YOU U ALWAYS ORDER MORE ACCUTANE BEFORE YOU FINISH A PACKET - IT ONLY TAKES 2 DAYS FOR ACCUTANE TO GET OUT OF UR SYSTEM - U MISS A WEEK, AND ITS LIKE STARTING FROM DAY 1.

- AVOID AS MUCH SUN AS POSSIBLE, WHILE UR ON ACCUTANE

- USE CHAPSTICK RELIGIOUSLY

thats all i can think of for now......if anymore come up. i'll edit this thread.

good luck.

about changing the pillow cases....

I decided to try sleeping in my sofa recliner, starting last week. I still have no problem falling asleep, but the biggie is that I no longer have to worry about rolling my head to the side and pressing my face against a pillow. It's just an experiment.... not expecting much to come of it, but that's the logic behind it.

hahah r u serious. thats so freking funny. Dont ur parents think ur weird or anything? Your prolly gonna mess ur back up if you do that. Just go back to sleeping in ur bed. when i say change ur pillow case regularly, i mean like once weekly.

nah i blazed before mine. Only urine tests show up. Dont drink alchol for a couple days before ur test.

Jay - what mg are you currently on during your last month?

(and how much do you weigh)

I am starting my last (hopefully) month today -

My MG went like this: 40 - 40 - 50 - 50 - 60<---

So 60 this final month - and I weigh 60 KG

Im kinda worried about the 10mg increase. I dont really like the idea, but I figure might as well for the last month.

Hey guys my dosage went like this

1st month(weekly increases): 10-20-40-60mg

2nd and 3rd month: 60mg

4th and 5th month: 80mg

I weigh 150lbs.

Babygrand have no clue at all what ur talking about

well i finished accutane a couple days ago and now i have began to stress out about my redmarks. Summer is coming closer and closer and i want them to be off my face as soon as possible. I was talking to OMGITSJUSTIN yesterday and he really really recommended i grab Vitamin A capsules, and squeeze the gel out of them and put it directly over my redmarks at night. It worked unbelievable for him. He just got off accutane 2 weeks ago and started using it and his skin is flawless.

I even started searching this message board for past posts on VITAMIN A. And everyone has had incredible results with it. Without furthur hesitation, i went out today and picked a bottle up. Justin was saying in like a couple a days u will notice a dramatic change. Some people even noticed a change after the first night.

I guess i'll just have to see what happens. i'll keep you guys posted on this.

JayC i think u should give this product called bio oil a try. I myself have bought 1 but not gunna use it yet until i finish my oratane course. I heard alot of sucess stories with this product. www.bio_oil.info i fink is the web. It has vitamin a, e chamomile n sum other stuff. biggrin.gif/

jayc wondered how u went on with those vitamin a stuff. i am almost 100% clear with 1 month of accutane left. i have the odd few red marks and would like to get rid of these quicker if i could!

this vitamin a approach sounds good, I know that over the years taking vitamin a supplements have gotten rid of my scars, but prolly the most effective thing I've ever used is zinc cream. I've tryed all the stuff for scars: aloe vera, supplements, vitamin e cream etc. and they all worked pretty well, however the quickest and most efffective way of getting rid of my scars I've discovered is zinc cream. It's primary use is as a strong suncreen which is great for the beach where it won't come off in the water, but it also promotes healthy skin. I've been using it since being on roaccutane which I'm 1 month into, and I think that its faded some of my scars within days! Its also tan coloured so its not really noticable on ur skin.