Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayC

My finished Accutane Journal....pics added.

Hello, I have a question for ya, I have been on accutane for 5 days now and my face has become very oily/greasy and I seam to be getting more whiteheads then is use to I have like 4 on my face write now, anyways it kind of sucks cause i work i work at a grocey store in alberta and I dont wanna go into work with tons of whiteheads on my face so what would u recommend or what do u do when u get them? Im not going to pick at them with a pin cause it could cause scarring but i dont wanna go to work with them and make up would probally make stuff worse?

I'm on my 6 th day and i am getting the same exact results as you !

the whitheads and all.

I sometime pop them if there are big, but if you are gonna go to work, thats up to you.

I don't like popping them becouse they cause a blemish on your face, a red mark .

I think my face has gotten wose the past 3 days, but i think it's due to the accutane, i know it is normal so i will wait it out.....

I took some pictures with my mates webcam today and i was amazed when i seen them. I probably mentioned that I have acne on one side of my face, but scars making it look worse. Well the pictures hardly showed any of the scarring, so this is what i would look like without the scarring (which should be gone in around 3 months)...

*removed*

I think i'll stay off accutane unless my acne gets any worse, for now, but knowing my luck, it will get much worse, i also probably mentioned that my skin was majorly fucked up 2 years ago, i just dont want it to be like that again...

Oh, and I have 2 or 3 zits on my forehead, but my cap hides them...

Canada if i were you i wouldnt try to pop them on purpose. Like i said above, my whiteheads would usually pop during washing. There's really no point in popping them, cause there just gonna look really red after anyway.

Ya but its pretty hard when you have like 5 white heads on your chin and two on the side I know its hard not to touch them but they just look so nasty but ya sometime they do come off in the shower.

Week 10 Update:

I guess what people say is true: when your face begins to get clear you stop visiting this message board as much. I'm still 100% zit free. But i know i have to prepare myself for this weekend. My dosage begins at 80mg on Saturday and im honestly scared shitless that i might breakout. I never had an initial breakout with accutane, and im praying to god i dont with this higher dosage.

My Skin: Even though i dont have zits, red marks dont make me feel any better. I have so many on my cheecks that i look like im always blushing. This is because of the cysts i used to have there. They are fading week by week, but not fast enough for me to deal with. I just wish one morning i could get up, and they would be gone - but i know they wont. Today i was looking at my album of me last year with perfect skin with me and my friends and i felt like i wanted to cry. I havent seen them in ages, and feel like im honestly fucking myself up staying at home everday. I think after my accutane shit is over, im gonna book a couple appointments with a therapist so i know im not internally fuckedup with this acne bullshit.

Side Effects: Shit, i forgot to put chapstick on one night before bed, when i woke up in the morning my lips were fucked. I fixed them up though, im going nuts on the Chapstick. I havent experience anything wierd, so other than that, everything is chilln'.

Hang in ther my friend, i know how you feel !!

I try to get out and see my friends maybe once a week just to chill at there house, but never go out in publec yet..lol...........atleats to keep sane.

I never leave my house , never..unless i have to go get my blood test or go see my doc....

Your almost there to the finish line...!!!

I'm still starting !!!!

Your frineds won't care, they will jsut be happy to hang again with you..i thoguth the same thing..they all said, "whats worng with you" , we don't care.......and it's true...

they treated me like any other day......

Anyway if you do get an initial breakout, i don't think it will last long anyway !!!!

same here i'm scared of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see montreal the thing is, i went on vacation and my friends havent seen me in 4 months. If they see me like this, there gonna look at me weird. Its like me coming to your door and ur missing a leg - obviously its gonna be hard for me not to say something.

and yea, im telling u my fingers are crossed so tight, i might break them about the whole breaking out thing.

wtf there is like no cure for this shit i was all pumped that tha DAN PLAN would work n shit then this girl comes up and says that it dident work for her and now she on accutane and some peeps say that they been on it for like 5 months and its almost gone but then theres this blah blah blah what ever they say is there any hope

Kevin different things work for different people. So i can tell you if its not gonna work or not.

My regime before accutane was identical to Dan's before i even heard of this site. I just got sicken tired of rubbing shit on my face, and i prefered taking pills. Accutane has cleared up all zits. My previous regime didnt. Therefore im more leaning towards accutane.

same her Jay c, my freinds didn't know, and they keep on asking me ..coming..whats wrong with you...and i told them, and all they said was who cares !!

but i did....evetually i came over and they didn't say a word...

i guess i jsut wanted to knwo first that is was bothering me so that they woudl understand.....

and when you do go over ..they won't say shit....

don't worry man !!

you guys who are holding back your lives because of your acne should really just ignore it more. i mean, acne is such a common problem, its not like someone is going to think you are wierd because you have a couple marks. and seriously anoncarl, your face is fine dude, you have a couple of red spots and thats it. next time you do decide to go out, take a look at more people, you'll see that even people who may appear to have clear skin at first glance actually do have something or other going on upon a closer look. The thing is, you only see your own problems and not theirs.

i totally understand what ur saying speedfreak. But its easier said then done. It seems everywhere i go is Clear Skin zone. And i find that in the winter peoples skin looks really nice, cause it has more of a solid tone to it from the cold.

i did go out today... for 20 minutes..... then ran back home like a pussy.

speedfreak, i mentioned my face would look like that in a few months if my acne stayed low, but thats not the case yet. My face is covered with those little red marks, seriously, i have like, 50 of them all over my face, and even more on my forehead... my back is covered with acne, but that doesnt bother me at all, because people cant see it. I go out all the time, i'm never one for staying at home because my face looks bad, i've learned to live with acne. I just hope it clears up soon...

Hey JayC,

I just want to say that you crack me up. I read your journal from the beginning and your comments are pretty funny. I'm glad things are working out for you.

Just want to say that i struggled with moderate acne with a small cyst or two once in a while a few years ago. I just hid in my room during the bad breaks as i was too embarrased to go out. I never went on accutane as it wasn't that bad but i did use antibiotics, retin-A and that never worked. I actually used proactive and that worked a little but finally it decreased using Dan's methods.

I actually just graduated from medical school and while i won't be a derm i still feel for all you guys as i know how embarrasing it is. I wish you well and don't forget to do your blood work. Accutane's major danger is liver disease (and if your pregnant which you are not =; ) not just minor side effects such as dry skin. But i think the risks are worth it for clear skin. Acne plays a number on your psyche.

Hey Montreal-ndg have you got your breakout yet we started pretty much on the same day? My second week started wednesday and my face has broken out pretty bad mostly on one side of my face tho and more on my forehead it really sucks, but im so pissed cause i got this one on the end of my noise it sucks so much im trying to ice it down, its slowly going down man that has to be the worse spot to get one. I hope my break out just last a week not like a month [-o< . My lips are pretty dry and face and my ears have got a little dry, thats it tho Im just trying to pull my self throught all this and hopefully all have a happy ending and have my clear face again. Im on 40mg once a day.

it all depends on your weight.

if you have a pack of 40mg, there not much if u can do. otherwise i was gonna say, you could start at slow intervals. Like 10mg, then 20mg and then 40. This will prevent bad breakouts. But if all you have are 40mg pills you cant do much. Just make sure u drink lots of water, that will help alot too.

lol man

relax. i didnt mean to say ur gonna have bad breakouts. everyone is different. its not like on day 9 at 11:00pm u will get 3 zits. you might not break out bad or you might. Either way fuck breakouts, a couple weeks of more zits aint nothing compared to a life of acne. <--shit i should be using my own advice.

when u break out do u break out on ur back and chest as well? cause i have acne there if i dont use this certian acne wash stuff, and i am going on accutane within a week i think.

ahhhh fuck this acne shit. i am so bloody fucking fed up with it. I had zitless skin for almost 3 weeks. I switch to 80mg of accutane this morning, and by night i have a whitehead near my hair line. WTF!!!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Hi Jay. First, thanks for sharing your experiences with your acne and accutane. I started 5 days ago. I stopped taking minocyclin about 2 weeks before accutane. You mentioned that it takes longer for accutane to kick in...do you know how much time? I am also really worried about some of the possible side effects (of course I didn't share them with my derm). Normally I experience alot of joint pain (both wrists, right thumb, left ankle and right knee. Anyways, as you know joint, muscle pain is a possible side effect. I read someone's experience on the stuff, and she said that her joints have never been the same. I am actually considering going on "the regimen" (i just read about it) and if it works...maybe stop the accutane? But, I feel like I waited so long to finally get my derm to let me go on it...and trust me, if it wasn't for my NY attitude and persistence, I would have walked out of his office without the script. My acne isn't that bad...but, it is all relative. To me, it is...and what makes it bad is they take FOREVER to go away and whether I mess with them or not...they scar. It takes like a year for the blemish to go away. Maybe it is my olive complexion. But I am tired of "trying" to cover up my ugly blemishes with make-up. Anyway, I know you understand. I am just nervous. Kat

I was in the same position as you, and I just said screw it and went on Accutane. It is all relative, some people would love to have mild acne, but I hate it. I just started too, and I just came off of Mino like you did.